Dundee United v St Mirren Championship 22/4/17

shull

Dundee United 0 St Mirren 3

Crowd  7387

Won't guess other Teams scores .

But I do believe Hibernian will not win another League match. Probably won't draw one either. 

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

That's how I see it too, meaning we need at least a point against United on Saturday.

This is why I would have (accepted) our unbeaten run coming to an end either at Falkirk or Tannadice if we had won one and lost one purely for the selfish reason of having that 1 extra point rather than drawing both.

Dundee Courier playing up the importance of 3 points for United on Saturday

They’ve still got a strong chance of taking the short route, rather than the long one, to the Premiership by finishing second.

And, whatever position they end up in, Spittal believes the Tangerines need to “build the foundations” in their last three Championship fixtures – starting with St Mirren at Tannadice on Saturday.

He said: “For the play-offs, we’ve got to build the foundations now away from home, where we’re solid and can dig out results.

“A point at Ayr is better than no points.

“The boys at the back have dug us out of a hole and we need to go from there.

“St Mirren are a bit of a form team in the league. They’ve gone on a good run under their new manager.

“However, we know that at Tannadice we’re a good side. We’ve only been beaten there once all season so we’ve got to take that positivity and confidence into the game.”

Spittal added: “We’ve got to try and get consistency into our game. A couple of wins on the bounce would be nice, especially going into the play-offs, where confidence is key.

“We’ve got three more difficult games. They’re not going to be easy but we’ve got to try and get three points in each of them."

The Boys will need to be on top Form on Saturday.

Seems like Dundee Utd also realise how being a St Mirren Supporter can do your head in

http://dufc.co/news/mental-health-awareness-at-tannadice/

MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS AT TANNADICE

April 19, 2017

Dundee United are proud to support the Dundee Mental Health Awareness Week Heart-Tay-Heart from 21 – 28 April by warming up in designated T shirts this Saturday and are pleased that St Mirren are joining in.

St Mirren handed relegation survival boost as Lewis Morgan says he will play through the pain barrier

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/15231433.St_Mirren_handed_relegation_survival_boost_as_Lewis_Morgan_says_he_will_play_through_the_pain_barrier/

Looks like Lewis is prepared to do his bit on Saturday. I take it Stelios will be fit too

20 hours ago, pondsman said:

I reckon Raith and Dumbarton might each take 4 points from their last 3 games. Therefore we need at least 4 and preferably 5 points to keep us out of the playoff place. I think we need to beat Raith on 29th April and take at least one point from the games at Tannadice and Easter Road.

3 points against Raiths and 3 each from Utd and Hibs. Sorted. 

23 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Maybe some of the buds attacking your view havent realised we are fighting relegation, and Dun Utd are heading to the play offs?

had a good long think about these last three games and I think they will continue to play out as recent games have with the bottom clubs all losing and perhaps winning in their last three games. Big question will be can Ayr rally and swap places, or are they consigned to the basement?

our games are against three teams all fighting for something, Hibs wont want to lose on their title celebration day, they will be looking for exhibition football.

all things considered I think we will end up in the play off place.

Dundee united are already safe in a play off position despite them winning just TWO of their last 10 league games and being rock bottom of the form table for that period. They are not the mighty "new firm" club they once were and are eminently beatable...... I just hope we are able to manage it

You say our upcoming three games are against teams with something to play for ?  What do you think the last half dozen games have been ? We`ve played teams who are either threatened with relegation play offs or teams battling for promotion play offs & we havent exactly done too badly !

I would never be complacent nor take anything for granted when talking about Saints but i dont see any problem with trying to emphasise the positive aspect of supporting Saints at the moment 

If the season had started 10 games ago we would be top of the League by 5 clear points (21) over Falkirk (16) by winning 6 of those games, drawing 3 and losing 1. Over those games we have beaten Hibs, Dundee Utd, Morton and drawn with Falkirk away who have the second best form record. Dundee Utd would be bottom of the League with 9 points.

While Tannadice has been traditionally a difficult fixture we should not fear them - they should be fearing us!  And we'll have Morgan and Stelios added to our armoury. They do have an excellent Home record this season. But so had Morton! Let's do this :)

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Dundee united are already safe in a play off position despite them winning just TWO of their last 10 league games and being rock bottom of the form table for that period. They are not the mighty "new firm" club they once were and are eminently beatable...... I just hope we are able to manage it

You say our upcoming three games are against teams with something to play for ?  What do you think the last half dozen games have been ? We`ve played teams who are either threatened with relegation play offs or teams battling for promotion play offs & we havent exactly done too badly !

I would never be complacent nor take anything for granted when talking about Saints but i dont see any problem with trying to emphasise the positive aspect of supporting Saints at the moment 

Its not like you to comment on one of my posts and totally mistepresent what i have said so you can justify having a pop.

Oops sorry my bad, I thought it was another Callum.

Dundee Utd are fighting to finish second and avoid an extra two game play off battle. If they are as bad as you say how come they are top end, and cup winners? 

Re: our last run of games you raise a valid point, losing at Raith, dropping points against, Dunfermline and Dumbarton at home, and arguably passing up an opportunity to take full points at Falkirk are all balanced against the great wins against Hibs, Dundee utd and Morton, with the exception of the Falkirk game where I and most i suspect would have taken a point, not beating all those around us is keeping us where we are.

there is nothing wrong in being positive, and the cheap shot suggesting I am against that does not serve you well. Have a nice day.

Just now, faraway saint said:

FFS!

Try Bet653, much better odds. :rolleyes:

Old fashioned mate I like going into a bookies then checking the coupon as the results come though. Nothing like handing in a tin of biscuits to the staff when collecting the winnings.  Not often enough I may add. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

1.  Its not like you to comment on one of my posts and totally mistepresent what i have said so you can justify having a pop.

2.  Oops sorry my bad, I thought it was another Callum.

Dundee Utd are fighting to finish second and avoid an extra two game play off battle.  3 . If they are as bad as you say how come they are top end, and cup winners? 

Re: our last run of games you raise a valid point, losing at Raith, dropping points against, Dunfermline and Dumbarton at home, and arguably passing up an opportunity to take full points at Falkirk are all balanced against the great wins against Hibs, Dundee utd and Morton, with the exception of the Falkirk game where I and most i suspect would have taken a point, not beating all those around us is keeping us where we are.

there is nothing wrong in being positive,4. and the cheap shot suggesting I am against that does not serve you well. Have a nice day.

Christ , you really do have a chip on your shoulder dont you ?

1. Eh ?

2. Still doesnt help ( if it was /is another Callum , couldnt you find the delete button ?)

3. You really should check out the form. What do you mean by"as bad as i said" ? I pointed out their poor form... dont see how you can dispute that . And as for the FACT that they have slipped dramatically since the days of Jim Mclean & DUFC part of the new firm in Scottish football ?!?  Are you saying they still occupy that lofty standard ?

4.This is where your chip really shows..... me being Positive was NOT a dig at you or anyone elses opinion, you simply took it to mean so. That says so much more about you & your negative mindset than my post ever could.... now THAT was a dig ! 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

3/1 in landbrooks is tempting. 

Faraway quite rightly said that Bookies are rarely wrong.... well we are 16/1 to finish 10th and were 1/5 6 weeks ago......

I am not complacent, but we thrashed Ton, Ayr TWICE, Hibs, QOS, And United were lucky in Final,,,,,

Saints are the 2nd best team in Scotland- Rodgers words not mine, and based on recent results he is right

Total Walkover as the fannies could not even beat McCalls dross, 2 wins in 10- Lucky they had a wee purple patch............ seriously pish team.....

Sometimes even the Shull is right ( even when he is usually wrong)

Seriously I would take 1-0 but 10-0 would make me feel even happier