Dundee United v St Mirren Championship 22/4/17

shull

FT 3-2

Sickener. Think we deserved at least a point over the piece, but theme the breaks.

It's no real surprise we have lost at Tannadice. We have a nightmare run in and we were always going to struggle to pick up points in the last 4 games. Proclamations of imminent safety from all and sundry were premature, it clearly remains quite likely that we will be relegated.

Thought we needed 5 points from our last 3 games to stay up. Well we have 2 left now, we can't get 5 so we are going to need 6.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

FT 3-2

Sickener. Think we deserved at least a point over the piece, but theme the breaks.

It's no real surprise we have lost at Tannadice. We have a nightmare run in and we were always going to struggle to pick up points in the last 4 games. Proclamations of imminent safety from all and sundry were clearly premature, it clearly remains quite likely that we will be relegated.

Thought we needed 5 points from our last 3 games to stay up. Well we have 2 left now, we can't get 5 so we are going to need 6.

I recall you once proclaimed that 34 points would see you safe.

This is a fans' forum dedicated to the club we all support, St. Mirren, there's a place for the we're gonna hammer them posts but there's also a place for more analytical posts. Where it all falls down is when people try and make quasi-analytical posts while wearing their black&white tinted glasses.

I never quoted anyone in my original post and was subjected to a lot of ill-thought drivel in reply from Rosstafarian Zealots - think before you post guys.

I didn't even bother following the match once I saw the line up, no Stelios or Sutton a lightweight midfield, really it was a foregone conclusion before the match even started - just checked the final score at 10-2-5. Instead I read the new Carl Hiasen novel Razor Girl which is up there with his best!

Edited by Bud the Baker

54 minutes ago, TopCat said:

FT 3-2

It's no real surprise we have lost at Tannadice. We have a nightmare run in and we were always going to struggle to pick up points in the last 4 games. Proclamations of imminent safety from all and sundry were premature, it clearly remains quite likely that we will be relegated.

54 minutes ago, TopCat said:

FT 3-2

It's likely we will end up in the playoffs after today it's still unlikely we will be automatically relegated given a point better than Ayr achieve next week will see that achieved with a game to spare. If we lose in the play offs we fully deserve relegation but if it is the play offs surely even the most pessimist fan would fancy us to come through. A win v Raith and it's all to play for again.