Dundee United v St Mirren Championship 22/4/17

shull

Proud of the team overall today & yet again 'probably' the best traveling supporters in the league

It's no disgrace to lose at Tannadice, but isn't it typical recently when we get a result our rivals match or better it & when we lose they seem to pick up at least a point.

The team have quite simply been very good since the transfer window closed albeit a bit late in the season.

I fully believe we will be above Raith after we play them.

Dundee United have won 15 and have a good home record, referee decisions aside, it just wasn't our day.

7409c64fc834bc2434c20ef172d345ff.jpg

that last 2 minutes had f**kn Hammarby written all over it......not pleased, not pleased or happy at all. I do still think we will be playing in the same league next season, even if via the play off....would take the play off place if offered. Clearly is does and always did matter what other teams did and not only about what we did.

I could hardly believe the over confidence shwn by many when we got to 8th.

It's likely we will end up in the playoffs after today it's still unlikely we will be automatically relegated given a point better than Ayr achieve next week will see that achieved with a game to spare. If we lose in the play offs we fully deserve relegation but if it is the play offs surely even the most pessimist fan would fancy us to come through. A win v Raith and it's all to play for again.

Well if we are in the playoffs there's a good chance we are going down. There are going to be 4 teams in the playoffs, only 1 of them will be playing in the championship next year.

Games like today aren't the reason we are where we are. Dundee United are a bigger club than us with a bigger budget, as are Hibs. Going to teams like thats ground and getting a result has always been and will always be difficult for us.

The games that hurt us and are continuing to hurt us is our failure to beat teams like Dumbarton and Dunfermline once in the eight games we've had against them this season. Or 3 points out of 9 against Raith Rovers.

I thought we needed a cushion going into these nightmare final 4 games and sadly we weren't good enough to give ourselves one. Now we will likely need to go to Easter road on the last day of the season in front of roughly 15,000 Hibs fans and beat them on their title party day. Not impossible certainly, but not likely either.

Frustrated at losing a goal in the 90th minute after we equalise in the 88th, we should just see it out and take the point. O'Brien picking up a back pass very costly for us today and I am not convinced he is the keeper For us going forward. I wasn't at the game but listening to the commentary sounds like the ref had a howling 1st half and we were deserving of a draw. Other results did not go our way, convinced we will overcome Raith next week but 8th position is now unlikely. COYS 

As for the game today, couple of positives and couple of negatives.

Thought Mallan played well again, his free kick delivery is outstanding and I thought he had scored one in the second half but Bell pulled out a big save.

Thought Gary Mack was good again too, unlucky with the first goal but he's such a threat going forward.

As for the negatives, I think the Morgan gamble never paid off. The lad's clearly not fit. He shouldn't have started and he certainly shouldn't have played ninety minutes. He's such an asset when he's flying but wasn't nice to see him struggling today.

O'Brien's not up to it. Another mistake today. He's costing us goals far too regularly. Young keeper with potential yes, but he's clearly not ready to be our number 1.

Loy was poor again too. Sutton needs to start in his stead next week.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Well if we are in the playoffs there's a good chance we are going down. There are going to be 4 teams in the playoffs, only 1 of them will be playing in the championship next year.

Games like today aren't the reason we are where we are. Dundee United are a bigger club than us with a bigger budget, as are Hibs. Going to teams like thats ground and getting a result has always been and will always be difficult for us.

The games that hurt us and are continuing to hurt us is our failure to beat teams like Dumbarton and Dunfermline once in the eight games we've had against them this season. Or 3 points out of 9 against Raith Rovers.

I thought we needed a cushion going into these nightmare final 4 games and sadly we weren't good enough to give ourselves one Now we will likely need to go to Easter road on the last day of the season in front of roughly 15,000 Hibs fans and beat them on their title party day. Not impossible certainly, but not likely either.

If it is the playoffs I personally would feel pretty confident. You paint it as a 1 in 4 chance I would suggest if it happens we will be pretty strong favourites to prevail. Anyway mute point at this stage lets see what the position is this time next week.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Thought Mallan played well again, his free kick delivery is outstanding and I thought he had scored one in the second half but Bell pulled out a big save.

Thought Gary Mack was good again too, unlucky with the first goal but he's such a threat going forward.

As for the negatives, I think the Morgan gamble never paid off. The lad's clearly not fit. He shouldn't have started and he certainly shouldn't have played ninety minutes. He's such an asset when he's flying but wasn't nice to seem him struggling today.

O'Brien's not up to it. Another mistake today. He's costing us goals far too regularly. Young keeper with potential yes, but he's clearly not ready to be our number 1.

I tend not to get into who played well and who didn't but I have to mention Mallan as, overall, his distribution was excellent.

Aye, Morgan flattered but his decision making was poor.

Deserved something for our efforts. :(

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

As for the negatives, I think the Morgan gamble never paid off. The lad's clearly not fit. He shouldn't have started and he certainly shouldn't have played ninety minutes. He's such an asset when he's flying but wasn't nice to see him struggling today.

when did we sign stead?

If it is the playoffs I personally would feel pretty confident. You paint it as a 1 in 4 chance I would suggest if it happens we will be pretty strong favourites to prevail. Anyway mute point at this stage lets see what the position is this time next week.

Well I wouldn't say it was a 1 in 4 chance. I would be confident too, would have our chances at nearer 50%. We would be the best side in the playoffs with the largest support and biggest budget. We would be big favourites.

Still though, would far rather not be in it. Anything can happen in these two legged ties, luck would be a factor.

Huge game for the club on Wednesday when Raith go to Easter Road. If Raith win, they will still be above us even if we beat them next week.

Need the Hibees (whose season's over) to do us three favours. Beat Raith midweek, beat Ayr next Saturday then lose to us on the last day.