Super Stelios

Gary Irvine improved massively and I am happy he has another year. Stelios is just one those players..'a character'. Would love him to stay, defo be good to have in squad but I'm sure he probably prefer to be somewhere he is first choice each week, time will tell...'im winding down from my end of season and who's staying excitements...it's nice to have some calmness

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Didn't Drew also put his hands up and admit he was quite happy to be proven wrong on both counts?  

Bit odd that it's still used as a stick to beat him with. 

He denies he said those things!

He was also abusive when anyone dare disagree with him when he made those statements.... as he always is!

That's why its a stick to beat him with.

As for being repetitive, that's the height of irony in respect of Drew & Oaksoft!

Edited by mcdowell76

Where is it said we favour Irvine where has it been said we favour Irvine over anyone it's common knowledge an extension was triggered. And where has it been put out there officially that we offered reduced terms.  Oh that's right no where just some supposition in jack I certainly trust clearly your not of the same chain of thought given he has no say on what the club offers any player 

I'm probably in the minority, but not hugely bothered if he was to sign again. Yeah, he's a crowd pleaser, but he was probably at fault for the same number of goals that he scored. Thankfully, none of them were costly...

If there is a contract on the table, I'd say it would be wise for the lad to sign and spend time at a club that has a couple of fullbacks in the management team. 

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Can you tell me about these goals that he cost us?

Two spring to mind.

the one at home where he collapsed in a heap, giving the ball away. Can't remember who against, but McGinn gave him a hard time.

the second for the Morton goal when we won 4-1. Needlessly dived in an attempt to stop a cross field ball instead of holding his position.

7 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

The deals been on the table a wee while now , I would have been quite surprised if he had stayed TBH.

If that's the case it wouldn't surprise if JR took the deal off the table as he isn't 1 to mess around I hear.

Get Keef Watson in to prove his fitness, he has been released by St.Johnstone.

No surprise really. When everyone is fit Jack would not start him - he sees Stelios as a squad player and not an automatic choice. Stelios will go where they want him to start every week and you can hardly blame him for that. Pity though as he is exciting and we'll miss him.

Someone mentioned about Stelios conceding goals. The difference is that he also scores goals - 3 in 12 games (better return than Sutton! for League games!). Something that Eckersley and Irvine have not managed to do in over 60 games between them. And they too have been responsible for conceding goals.

Its been a month since the season finished and i'm sure that's how long ago a new deal was on the table. If he hasn't verbally agreed, I can't see Jack hanging around waiting on an answer much longer as he is trying to get his squad complete or near enough complete prior to players returning for pre-season. As far as i'm aware, Stelios is still in Cyprus.

I've been tweeting him a bit, seems fair to assume that he's been offered a deal but that the numbers aren't what him or his agent are looking for.

He wants to stay going by his tweets, but it's looking increasingly unlikely that is going to happen unfortunately.

For me having a guy who can play left back or right back, and who gets forward from those positions and can score goals is a very worthwhile asset to have in the squad.

Shame, but I guess we move on.