Super Stelios

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure he already has.

When Eckersley was fit he played him last year, when a fair proportion of fans wanted Stelios on the park.

I like Eckersley as a player and feel that he's one of the best LB's in the league. He's generally solid and dependable.

Difficult decision, but it's great to have strength in depth at the back.

I'd prefer to see Stelios start every game at LB if available.

Eckersley is not as quick, offensive-minded, or as effective at getting under the skin of our opponents. Is he a better defensive player? Not so sure about that. He is a solid full-back, but Stelios offers us more overall.

Eckersley was very good for us at the end of the season, but when Stelios plays he can light up a game and turn it round.

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'd prefer to see Stelios start every game at LB if available.

Eckersley is not as quick, offensive-minded, or as effective at getting under the skin of our opponents. Is he a better defensive player? Not so sure about that. He is a solid full-back, but Stelios offers us more overall.

Eckersley was very good for us at the end of the season, but when Stelios plays he can light up a game and turn it round.

I agree.

The Morton fans aren't confident about their defence.

Who better to put them to the sword than a combination of Morgan and Stelios with their trickery?

Edited by FTOF

To be honest I am happy with either Eckersley or Stelios at LB, both are superb players.

However When Eckersley plays I just know he is a solid dependable player, but I get genuinely excited any time Stelios picks up the ball as he is a Maverick and you do not know whether it is the solid dependable player who has got the ball or the genius driving at the opposition defence causing panic and goals.

For me what Stelios does to the fans is worth more.

SS

To add to that Stelios has the potential to go into the hall of fame if he continues to do what he does , Eckersley does not.

Edited by Swiss_Saint
add to post

Just now, Swiss_Saint said:

To be honest I am happy with either Eckersley or Stelios at LB, both are superb players.

However When Eckersley plays I just know he is a solid dependable player, but I get genuinely excited any time Stelios picks up the ball as he is a Maverick and you do not know whether it is the solid dependable player who has got the ball or the genius driving at the opposition defence causing panic and goals.

For me what Stelios does to the fans is worth more.

SS

Swiss_Saint supports Super Stelios in alliteration shocker! :o

Eckersley was the preferred choice last season and rightly so.

Neither Stelios or Irvine deserve to be dropped and won't be imo.

Eckersley will have to be patient and Stelios/Irvine will have to really perform to the best of their abilities to keep the starting spots.

Moreso in the case of Stelios, this excites me as I think Jack can coach him to a much better all round player.

18 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Eckersley was the preferred choice last season and rightly so.

Neither Stelios or Irvine deserve to be dropped and won't be imo.

Eckersley will have to be patient and Stelios/Irvine will have to really perform to the best of their abilities to keep the starting spots.

Moreso in the case of Stelios, this excites me as I think Jack can coach him to a much better all round player.

I disagree

Stellios does not need to be coached.  Stellios is a wonderful footballer with wonderful natural abilities that manifest themselves in the most wonderful of ways.   As wonderful as our coach is at our wonderful club one must stress that a truly wonderful player such as Stellios is surely too "wonderful" even for our wonderful coaches.

If you read that and you are still unsure let me assure that that I hold Stellios in high regard, wonderfully high regard!

PS He appears to be a decent bloke as well....how wonderful!

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Everyone who was there would know the answer to that !

Aye? Great answer. :lol:

So, our defence was torn a new one yet the saviour never gets a mention?

Stelios is, aye, a maverick but we won't win the league, or a play off spot, with him playing most games, IMO.

Thank feck Ross knows who our best defender is. :byebye

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye? Great answer. :lol:

So, our defence was torn a new one yet the saviour never gets a mention?

Stelios is, aye, a maverick but we won't win the league, or a play off spot, with him playing most games, IMO.

Thank feck Ross knows who our best defender is. :byebye

I thought Stelios was quiet but reasonably effective. Usual well read interceptions. Don't think there can be any negative conclusions drawn from his performance today. The whole team was way off form particularly through the middle. Stelios will be a big player for us this season.

Edited by magnus

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

I thought Stelios was quiet but reasonably effective. Usual well read interceptions. Don't think there can be any negative conclusions drawn from his performance today. The whole team was way off form particularly through the middle. Stelios will be a big player for us this season.

I think if he's used when the games suit his style, then yes but no week in week out.

IMO, he isn't first choice.

Only an idiot who wasn't within 50 miles of Cappielow would be singling out Stellios for criticism today. If you dont go, don't criticise. As a unit the defence were poor today but no reason to single out Stelios. Typical reaction from a faraway fan relying on second hand information.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Only an idiot who wasn't within 50 miles of Cappielow would be singling out Stellios for criticism today. If you dont go, don't criticise. As a unit the defence were poor today but no reason to single out Stelios. Typical reaction from a faraway fan relying on second hand information.

:lol::lol::lol:

Who said single out?

You need to stop getting upset and making stuff up.

Stick to what you know, sinking the bevvy. :byebye

PS Sorry, do you want me to underline everything? :byebye

PPS I watched on periscope.................does that count? :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

No it doesn't count and sorry for the under lines and I am not on the bevvy as you call it. Stellios wasn't any worse than anyone else and he played in a defence that gave away 2 pens and had a man sent off so he wasn't close to being our worst defender.

Did I say he was? :blink:

You're making stuff up again.

I'm making the point that Stelios isn't, IMO and the manager, our super hero.

He has some attributes that are useful but his weakness is that he can't defend and, again, we won't be contenders with him I the team every week.

Apologies for the bevvy reference, didn't think you could misunderstand being sober.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He has some attributes that are useful but his weakness is that he can't defend and, again, we won't be contenders with him I the team every week.

Apologies for the bevvy reference, didn't think you could misunderstand being sober.

I'm with this ayr guy yer a wank 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

"our super hero" wtf ??? You appear to me to be singling him out, he can't defend you claim. You are not moaning about the real defensive culprits today so I would say you are singling Stellios out. Baird, McKenzie way worse today.