Sign in to follow this  
renfrew bud

Super Stelios

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

Is it a sign that Tom Cruise has announced filming is set to begin on Top Gun 2?

Aye, it's a sign that they'll need to widen the cockpits of jet fighters to fit Val Kilmer's arse in.

I started a "show Stelios the love" tweet yesterday afternoon, inviting Saints fans to like to show support for him to stay.

Over 500 buddies have now done so, but most tellingly was that Stelios himself liked the tweet :-)

1 hour ago, scam75 said:

Told today talking to Partick. No idea if true.

Is that over the phone from Cyprus, where he rush off to, to prepare for his brother's wedding.

1 hour ago, pod said:

Is that over the phone from Cyprus, where he rush off to, to prepare for his brother's wedding.

Also where he has still not returned home from. Alot of people getting their knickers in a twist because he's not signed a new deal yet, he's away enjoying himself,  why rush back when he's got weeks before he needs to be back here.

1 hour ago, bud84 said:

Also where he has still not returned home from. Alot of people getting their knickers in a twist because he's not signed a new deal yet, he's away enjoying himself,  why rush back when he's got weeks before he needs to be back here.

If the Thistle story is true then he will sign for them as money will be better there plush he is playing at a higher level being put in the shop window better than the championship so my knickers are in a twist. Great player. 

20 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If the Thistle story is true then he will sign for them as money will be better there plush he is playing at a higher level being put in the shop window better than the championship so my knickers are in a twist. Great player. 

What was that song being sung towards the end of last season

'que sera sera' that will be the end of that then.

They guys been out the country since the season finished,  considering is for a family wedding I'd say it was already pre planned,  do you honestly expect him to cut short a trip home just to appease a few folk on here  moaning he's not signed yet?

If Stelios has been offered the choice of signing for Partick Thistle, playing in the Scottish Premiership and taking a surge in his pay packet or signing for us for lower wages and warming a bench in the Championship it's a no-brainer for him.

Good luck Stelios and a fond cheerio with our best wishes. Huge thanks for your valued efforts in the stripes.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Mclean, McGinn and Mallan done alright out of the championship.

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

But he has played in the third tier (the old Second Division) of Scottish football.

We all know that. However Pod was comparing McLean to Mallan and McGinn getting moves to "bigger clubs" whilst playing in the Championship.

McLean was in the Premiership when he signed for Aberdeen. He has never played in the Championship.

We all know that. However Pod was comparing McLean to Mallan and McGinn getting moves to "bigger clubs" whilst playing in the Championship.
McLean was in the Premiership when he signed for Aberdeen. He has never played in the Championship.

Yes, I am aware of all that. That will obviously change if he goes to QPR. :)