St Mirren v Raith Rovers Championship 29/4/17

shull

The Decider ? 

We played them on the same date 17 years ago. 

This one should attract 7000 plus fans. 

It's going to be a belter and we will triumph just like we did under Sir Tom Hendrie. And be safe from the drop. 

St Mirren 3 Raith Rovers 0

Crowd  7587

Phew, whit a Season. 

The Decider ? 
It's going to be a belter and we will triumph just like we did under Sir Tom Hendrie. And be safe from the drop. 
Crowd  7587
Phew, whit a Season. 

I agree. But it think it will be 4-1 saints [emoji56]

1 hour ago, shull said:

The Decider ? 

Crowd  7587

Phew, whit a Season. 

Yep - lets get one point ahead of Raith and four ahead of Ayr after next Saturday and we can make sure of safety by giving Raith a doing.

I think we well skelp them. 5-1 

3-0. Stelios, bombs forward, beats two men and curls one into the far corner... Mallan, free kick. Sutton, taps into an open goal late on as Raith throw everything, including Yogi's teeth, at pulling a goal back.

1,000,000/1 with Paddy Power. You beauty.

I love the optimism. Reality is that there is no doubt that this will be seriously important to both teams. Like Falkirk, Raith like a Rumble to put a team out of their stride....so I don't expect this to be any easy game in any way at all. We have to play as well as we have been doing recently and certainly better than we did in Kirkcaldy recently  (although to be fair it was just 2 days after we had played Celtic in the Cup). COYS

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

There is the small matter of beating Dundee United first :)

Exactly . Every fan that can make the journey to Dundee on Saturday , should be going . If we can manage to get the win on Saturday , we're nearly safe . 

A win for us by hook or by crook will do

A hammering of Rovers would be nice 

I think its ok for fans to get carried away when we are playing well and also get overly morose when we have a setback - thats what i do anyway. We are fans - it shows we care and are invested

Simple truth is that after todays setback we are back in a three team dogfight. Nothing to say can't still get out of this - especially considering our recent form 

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

17 years on from our millennium championship clinching win over Raith we now have a match that quite possibly could save the clubs future. Simply have to win 

Might have guessed that the King of Cataclysm would choose this opportunity to make a return.:rolleyes:

The club is financially secure unlike in 1998 when the baw really was on the slates.

If it's full prices for this game then don't see the crowd being more than 4,500 for what is undoubtedly our biggest game of the season so far and arguably one of the biggest in our history.

This is Hugh Murray at Stirling Albion territory all those years ago. We have to win this game to give us a chance of finishing outside the bottom two and avoiding the straight drop or the pressure pot of the play offs.

There seems to have been this belief amongst our support for a number of weeks that we will win this game and it's a bit of given but this is going to be extremely difficult. John Hughes is no mug and I can't see an Ayr 6-2 home win for the buds. This matters so much to Raith too and they will fighting for everything just like ourselves.

Raith will beat Hibs midweek. This game will be massive and the nerves amongst the support and players will be tangible and hopefully doesn't adversely affect us as Raith will be no pushovers.

Jack Ross has been receiving plenty of plaudits for what he has done for St Mirren in the last 2-3 months and this must rankle with the Raith and Dumbarton as they haven't done too badly themselves in the last 6 or 7 weeks when the pressure has been on them.

Time is running out for us and we have achieved nothing yet but win our next two games and we can stay up.

We have to win this to have any chance of finishing outside the bottom two. Still plenty of twists to come in the remaining two league games but what a game this is sure to be.

Irvine or Eckersley need leave the starting line up.Simple. I think Eckersley went forward more today than I'd seen him before. Bad day for poty Lewis. I think we are certainly not smart enough up front. Watched Falkirk and united strikers do nothing but hold and win fouls off of our backline, we don't do that. Even Sutton gets bullied. Loy works well with his back to goal, nice little lay off every now and then, but not smart. I don't know. Get oor Greek beauty on from the start.