St Mirren v Raith Rovers Championship 29/4/17

shull

Contrasting form anyway....

At home we're 4 wins (New Saints, Hibs, Dundee Utd, Ayr) and 2 draws (Dunfermline, Dumbarton) in the last 6.

Raith have lost 9 away games in a row:

2-3 Hibs

0-1 Dunfermline

0-1 Falkirk

0-4 Dumbarton

0-1 Ayr

1-2 QotS

0-3 Dundee United

2-4 Hearts

0-2 Morton

The last time they didn't lose on the road was Christmas Eve when they drew at Easter Road.

Fair comment but who would you have dropped to let him play?

Sometimes Sutton, sometimes Loy, sometimes Smith. All about having options. He did more than enough in terms of goals in his few starts for a badly struggling team to merit a longer stay.

12 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Sometimes Sutton, sometimes Loy, sometimes Smith. All about having options. He did more than enough in terms of goals in his few starts for a badly struggling team to merit a longer stay.

Coincidentally since he left along with a few others, there is a better end product on the park and harmony in the dressing room. I trust Jack for the changes he has made. Loy starting to look his worth.

Coincidentally since he left along with a few others, there is a better end product on the park and harmony in the dressing room. I trust Jack for the changes he has made. Loy starting to look his worth.

Pretty certain it is coincidence where this individual player is concerned. Almost a whole team in and out has changed everything.

I backed Jack before he even got the job and still do. Doesn't mean i can't have an opinion on players who come a go. [emoji6]

Keep on Singing .....

Jack Ross: Players are grateful for support

SMFC Webteam
Saints News

Jack Ross has praised St Mirren supporters and said the players are thankful for the support they receive week-in, week-out.

The Buddies' final home match of the 2016/17 season takes place on Saturday as his side welcome fellow relegation fighters Raith Rovers.

A win over John Hughes' side would guarantee that St Mirren can't finish bottom and Ross believes that the Saints faithful will understand how important a match it is. 

I think the supporters all recognise the significance of it," he told stmirren.com. "Hopefully they'll understand there will be patience required in some aspects of the game as well. However, we want to approach the game in the manner that we have done recently. We want to start with a performance that excites them and get them behind us because that's our responsibility to do that. 

"The players have been enormously grateful for it. I stress all the time about feeding off the crowd. We talk about it before games, home and away. Feed off their energy, feed off how they are backing you and when you do that you give back something to them that excites them. We've got that mix right recently. We've got to keep doing it time after time.

"It's my responsibility to make sure there's a team that goes out there that reflects that passion for the club. There's a group here that are doing that and the fans have recognised that. I have no doubt that they will come out in numbers and those that are there on Saturday will be very vocal in their support of the club. If that mix is right we'll be very tough to stop."

The manager also took the time to praise his players for the way they have dealt with demands of trying to keep the club in the Ladbrokes Championship and confessed it's important for them to keep focusing on the positives heading into the final two matches.

How they have mixed together as a group and bounced off each other has been terrific. They have also been very good at picking up the responsibility of trying to keep us in the league.

"Not everyone can deal with that pressure. They've had to deal with that for a long time now so the mix has had to be right and it has been.

"We've shown them league tables from February and March. As recently as March we were still cut adrift at the bottom of the table. They have to be reminded of that to accentuate the positives. We keep hammering home the positives because there has been plenty of them.

"If we can retain our Championship status there is a huge number of the squad that want to stay here because they have loved the last few minutes. They are a good squad together and I want to try and keep the bulk of that together."

Halfway through his spell with us Hardie was whinging to one of his fellow blue bigot youth players, that he was hating it with us and that he thought he was entitled to more game time.

A decent player, but we're well shot of him.

Good luck to Buddies legend Tony Connells old team Third Lanark in the penalty shootout at half time.  The HiHi and Rossvale were the winners in a competition to take part in a penalty shootout to raise money for their club at St Mirren park at half time in the St Mirren v Raith Rovers game.  So good luck to both Third Lanark, Rossvale and of course the Buddies on saturday B)

We might as well enjoy this.....

Players should be so proud how they have turned this around................months of hard slog, particularly March with so many games on. one after the other

They have earned respect and plaudits,

NOW JUST FINISH THE JOB............................... Basically its Shuggie Murray/ Stirling x 23 games..............

Think we all need a lie down after this .............................

Just on the ticket website trying to get some tickets to save the hassle of queuing at the office before kick off.

We don't seem to have many seats available. Which is generally the opposite of what it's like. Is this because the ticketing system is set up to say that there are areas unavailable to save work of taking tickets out? And the system isn't actually updated real time? Surely in this day in age, I should be able to print my ticket at home or use a code on my phone?

Also, I have to use internet explorer...

Edit to add, card charges in this day in age too... The cost of card transactions are pennies for companies.

Edited by gc_SMFC

40 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Just on the ticket website trying to get some tickets to save the hassle of queuing at the office before kick off.

We don't seem to have many seats available. Which is generally the opposite of what it's like. Is this because the ticketing system is set up to say that there are areas unavailable to save work of taking tickets out? And the system isn't actually updated real time? Surely in this day in age, I should be able to print my ticket at home or use a code on my phone?

Also, I have to use internet explorer...

Edit to add, card charges in this day in age too... The cost of card transactions are pennies for companies.

Was down for ticket for the Hibs game. There were flying out for tomorrow and that was this morning. 

Well, here we go, the 2nd last game in a season that's had more "must win" games than any season I can remember.

All the way back to last November when there was the famous "November is an important month" thread, followed by December etc. :lol:

Going to be nervous for both teams and supporters.

Both teams will score, just hope we score more. :clapping