St Mirren v Raith Rovers Championship 29/4/17

shull

27 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I was talking to one of the Honest Men last night at a night out I was at . He hadn't given up hope entirely as if Ayr win by 11 goals advatage they can survive. .I wished him good luck. .^_^

ETA: that senario would certainly do us a favour. .:D

They need to make up 10 goals so win by 5.. then they would go above Raith on goals scored. Raith would need to make up 9 goals on Dumbarton if we get a point and Dumbarton lose so I think I'l be taking the Raith - Ayr game in my both teams to score coupon at the weekend!

Can any sane person see Ayr Utd. scoring 5 goals without reply against any team though? Not exactly McColl's forte or mindset.

Typically probably not, but I can see this Raith team completely folding however or being reduced to 10 men if they stick with rough tackling

3 minutes ago, madball said:

Typically probably not, but I can see this Raith team completely folding however or being reduced to 10 men if they stick with rough tackling

Indeed , it isn't quite over for they two yet and it could turn into quite a melee as you say as both sides are capable of rough tackling , especially if they start to get desperate. .

6 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Living down here and having been at both Newcastle and Sunderland regularly both are a minor disaster away from meltdown. Ashley is a loose cannon and with Sunderland relegated 110 million in debt and up for sale theirs looks to be closest to happening. Sad because the rivalry is great to observe and those derby matches are great to look upon as a neutral observer.

Aye. Experience has taught me that it's only a matter of time before good things at NUFC turn to s**t. I'm happy for now but hoping for the icing on the cake this weekend. Newcastle take their unexpected chance of going up as champions and saints avoid the play offs. Now considering how things were a few months back, for saints to have a chance of the latter really IS unexpected. COYS.

On 27/04/2017 at 1:21 PM, East Lothian Saint said:

What a nail biting end to the season. If we beat Raith then we retake the initiative. If we lose everything including relegation may be out our hands if we draw the playoffs are almost a certainty and relegation is still possible.

Both teams go into this one after 3-2 defeats away to top clubs who snatched victory in the final minutes. A severe kick in the nuts to both teams who will feel aggrieved at coming away with nothing after a hard-fought performance.

The 2021 is not exactly a great place for us with only 4 wins all season but Raith have only won two away games. With 11 draws between us at respective home/away fixtures a draw is probably going to be the bookies favourite.

This will be a big test for both sets of players. Our defence and our keeper need to be up for it and we need to be much more streetwise than we have recently. Raith players will be putting themselves about and Ryan Hardie will be out to prove himself again.

Rumour has it Yogi Hughes knocked us back for our manager’s job and Jack Ross might have been secondish choice. It will be personal between them too. This game is massive for both teams, Yogi proved himself smarter than the average bear in our last encounter.

Whilst my heart says “Super Saints, get into them 5-0” That is just bravado. My head says this is going to be a tight, hard fought game with no guaranteed outcome.

It’s time for Jack Ross and the boys to show their mettle, dig in and fight for absolutely everything because the Hibs game is going to be a bastard too.

The boys better be up for it because I’m shitting myself.

Should have had faith in my heart and stuck a tenner on the 5-0 too.

Right heart says 3-1 saints. where's ma tenner

21 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

The question that really needs answered about this game is were any of the Saints players wearing black boots or are they all big jessie's. I'm surprised shull hasn't commented on it.

Well. If it's good enough for a Juventus star in the Champion's league semi final.......

20170503_201117.jpg