Amendments to the Constitution

melmac

A few things, it may be nit picking but heyho:-

Definitions

Should "the Area" not be be more specifically identified as the local authority area, in this instance Renfrewshire Council area otherwise it could be argued that Renfrewshire includes the likes of Port Glasgow, Greenock etc which is really Inverclyde. As an aside, I understand one of our main sponsors is / was particularly dischuffed with the not paying minimum wage palarva that they may take their sponsorship to a direct competitor in the Inverclyde area. 

As St Mirren are defined, should it not be "playing a role in helping the Club be more successful;"

General Meetings

Any surplus shall be dealt with at the AGM. I presume the 3 monthly spend monies should actually form part of the surplus, should this not really be addressed - being spent quarterly as opposed to annually?

No offence taken, point taken. It may be a thought for the powers that be to have a SMISA member only forum.

That being said, the constitution is a public document and the revisals proposed don't look particularly controversial.

On 16/04/2017 at 11:43 PM, melmac said:

A few things, it may be nit picking but heyho:-

Definitions

Should "the Area" not be be more specifically identified as the local authority area, in this instance Renfrewshire Council area otherwise it could be argued that Renfrewshire includes the likes of Port Glasgow, Greenock etc which is really Inverclyde. As an aside, I understand one of our main sponsors is / was particularly dischuffed with the not paying minimum wage palarva that they may take their sponsorship to a direct competitor in the Inverclyde area. 

As St Mirren are defined, should it not be "playing a role in helping the Club be more successful;"

General Meetings

Any surplus shall be dealt with at the AGM. I presume the 3 monthly spend monies should actually form part of the surplus, should this not really be addressed - being spent quarterly as opposed to annually?

The Renfrewshire to which you refer ceased to exist when Strathclyde Region came into existence more than 40 years ago, when it was split into Renfrew, Inverclyde and Eastwood Districts. If "the area" is defined as the present Renfrewshire council area Barrhead and Neilston would be excluded as they are part of East Renfrewsahire..

Edited by smcc

21 hours ago, melmac said:

No offence taken, point taken. It may be a thought for the powers that be to have a SMISA member only forum.

That being said, the constitution is a public document and the revisals proposed don't look particularly controversial.

As a non member but one who might be persuaded to join...I welcome public discussion.

4 hours ago, smcc said:

The Renfrewshire to which you refer ceased to exist when Strathclyde Region came into existence more than 40 years ago, when it was split into Renfrew, Inverclyde and Eastwood Districts. If "the area" is defined as the present Renfrewshire council area Barrhead and Neilston would be excluded as they are part of East Renfrewsahire..

That's exactly why you need to pin down the definition of "area", otherwise it leaves a lot open for interpretation or misinterpretation.

• 3 weeks later...