Could we be losing Jack?

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

Yep ex player and manager and would get the respect of their fans. He'd jump at it if offered i think.

Agreed. If they go for a manager who is currently at a lower league club, I think it will be Duffy.

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's when the Hearts job comes up that will worry me not Dundee. 

After being mutually consented by them, saying in the aftermath that he felt "bruised" by events, I'd be surprised if he went back in a hurry to be honest.

Make no mistake, if he continues to impress, he will go on to bigger things, but I think he needs to achieve something more tangible with us first before embarking on any greater voyage. He has the backing of the fans, the board and it would appear the players are also playing for him. He's in exactly the right place for this point in his career, and I hope he stays with us and takes us back to the Premiership and beyond.

First things first - he needs to finish off this great escape...

51 minutes ago, Soctty said:

First things first - he needs to finish off this great escape...

Very good point Bud. If he does what Kommandant Von Luger couldn't do and foils our great escape that will be a bad day and I would lose respect for the man if he tried to tunnel his way out of the 2021 in our hour of need.

:withstupid

I'm sure he will stay.

Jack's achievements up till now have all been with Alloa. He has still to achieve something with Buddies. If he keeps us up and makes a noteworthy start to next season, then others in the football world will start to take notice. Till then, he's just another 'aspiring' young manager. Notwithstanding all of that, I sincerely hope that he stays with Buddies for some time to come. He is clearly an able chap who can find good players at lower levels and coach and motivate them to achieve results. His post-match interviews show that he knows how to manage expectations and how well he thinks about the game.

It might not be too much to say that if he keeps us out of League 1, he will have earned as much respect at the club as Danny Lennon deserves for the League Cup win. Anyone care to discuss that view?

2 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Jack's achievements up till now have all been with Alloa. He has still to achieve something with Buddies. If he keeps us up and makes a noteworthy start to next season, then others in the football world will start to take notice. Till then, he's just another 'aspiring' young manager. Notwithstanding all of that, I sincerely hope that he stays with Buddies for some time to come. He is clearly an able chap who can find good players at lower levels and coach and motivate them to achieve results. His post-match interviews show that he knows how to manage expectations and how well he thinks about the game.

It might not be too much to say that if he keeps us out of League 1, he will have earned as much respect at the club as Danny Lennon deserves for the League Cup win. Anyone care to discuss that view?

Aye, disagree. While keeping us up is a definite achievement it, IMO, is miles away from winning a National trophy and beating one half of the OF on the way.

Just my view.

I take your point, faraway saint, but the ramifications of going down to League 1 are surely potentially pretty dire for the club. Loss of revenue leading to loss of most of the good players currently in the squad leading (perhaps) to part-time football. Could be a complete re-building job and a long way back to respectability. Very costly.

Jack Ross will leave St Mirren, either by being impressive and leaving for a bigger club, or by being shit and being bagged. If any of our young talent shine, they'll be off too, as I put it, for thruppence ha'penny and a half-chewed toffee.

I used to get annoyed by it, these days I don't give a toss. Post-Bosman, power transfer towards players and agents, St Mirren playing to crowds of 3,500 or so and paying around a grand a week - players will leap at a move to the likes of Hibs, Ross County or Aberdeen.

Similarly, Ross will move at some point. As a club all we can do is wave them goodbye, and hope that we aren't taking one step forward and two back, but can keep ticking over, replacing lost players with new ones, and that goes for managers too.

Kinda' depressing, but the 1970s and 80s are gone. Hopefully Ross leaves because he's been braw'.

11 minutes ago, pondsman said:

I take your point, faraway saint, but the ramifications of going down to League 1 are surely potentially pretty dire for the club. Loss of revenue leading to loss of most of the good players currently in the squad leading (perhaps) to part-time football. Could be a complete re-building job and a long way back to respectability. Very costly.

Gordon Scott has already stated that the club is staying full time regardless of what happens.

4 hours ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

Dundee have sacked Hartley. Is there a chance they might try and tempt our manager to Dens Park? 

We managed to get him from Alloa after only a short spell. Just now Dundee are in a more attractive position, they see to go for young and upcoming managers who play a certain style of football.

I obviously hope not, would be a huge blow but with the job he has done in the last few months, if he keeps it up there will be bigger clubs sniffing around him sooner or later.

Surely this is for Danny 'whitnatno' Lennon, he's quoted for all the top jobs. :lol:

58cd5dbe2713e_Idaniellennon.thumb.jpg.80fcea32dc4342f69d2979eac6a5778c.jpg

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

We will lose Jack Ross, but when that day comes it will be to a bigger club than Dundee.

GS offered Ross job security with us & made clear he will be our manager even if we end up League 1.

Go to Dundee for 6 games and get fired upon relegation?  Not the most appealing option.  If Bomber Brown hasn't been sectioned yet he will be back there leading the charge.

you are probably correct there about Jack Ross, when that day comes I wouldn't mind Jim Goodwin.

With (nearly) a fortnight before the top flight resumes I can see the logic behind the taking the gamble and sacking Hartley even altho' I think it's a bad, bad decision. Would be amazed if it wasn't one of the old lags currently punditing, someone with a bit of "adopts a gruff voice" karaktur.

Like I said a terrible decision and there's no chance JR will get offered the job, but if he did I'd go for Hartley as his replacement. :angel

Edited by Bud the Baker

The only way Jack would go to Hearts is if Levein left

As for Dundee they have Yanks in control,and sold 50goals a year in Hemmings  and Stewart

The owners  are to be watched, never in Scotland, Dundee could be on the cusp of another admin

How often do managers have a situation like ours,where fans ,board and players are all pulling together

I know Jack will eventually go but he is his own man and I don't think he will go to Dundee

He knows he could be on the start of something big at St Mirren and we will be there to see it.

Let's just enjoy the great football the team are producing and challenge next season

COYS

4 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

We should act first and offer Jack a longer contract. Dundee aren't a bigger club than us and we have momentum right now. I would suggest that as long as we stay up (which we will) that we will fight for promotion next year. I think Jack will want to continue the job he has started, he has a great relationship with the fans as well.

Dundee can offer him a lot more money than us though. They are run by multi millionaires.

16 minutes ago, Hambud said:

No idea. But if they had sacked Hartley in December and got in experience they wouldn't be in that position. Fact. I can guarantee it.

They'd be rock bottom and heading for automatic relegation if the 'experienced' option had taken over.  Poor decision by Dundee as Hartley is a decent manager.

16 minutes ago, Hambud said:

No idea. But if they had sacked Hartley in December and got in experience they wouldn't be in that position. Fact. I can guarantee it.

I'm afraid you can't guarantee that . It's not exactly worked out like that for Raith has it ?