General Election 8th June

faraway saint

It would be funny if they brought that in and then it turned out that they lost half of their own votes due to them being the result of voter fraud.

It's more likely that they'll lose their votes because the older people who vote for them don't have a driving licence or passport. Or bus pass, because...plebs!

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:37 PM, mcdowell76 said:

At the end of the day, Corporation Tax is effectively paid by the end consumer.

And do you really believe that it is right to increase state pensions by 2.5% even if both inflation and wages growth is lower than this?

Cutting corporation tax only increased profits. At the end of the day, prices will be reflected by consumer uptake. To compete many of the large companies will absorb it with slightly lower profit margins.

And, as for pensions, I actually agree that a double lock makes more sense.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Cutting corporation tax only increased profits. At the end of the day, prices will be reflected by consumer uptake. To compete many of the large companies will absorb it with slightly lower profit margins.

And, as for pensions, I actually agree that a double lock makes more sense.

Grey Power! It's only one poll but even the modest proposals May made on Thursday are a bit controversial with the aspirational..........:D

Labour has closed within nine points of the Conservatives in a new poll that will set nerves jangling in Tory high command.

The YouGov survey for The Sunday Times — the first by the pollster since the Conservative manifesto was published on Thursday — puts the Tories down to 44%, with Labour up to 35%.

It is the smallest advantage for May this year and suggests that the publication of the general election manifesto has slashed her lead in half since last weekend.

26 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Grey Power! It's only one poll but even the modest proposals May made on Thursday are a bit controversial with the aspirational..........:D

"Labour has closed within nine points of the Conservatives in a new poll that will set nerves jangling in Tory high command.

The YouGov survey for The Sunday Times — the first by the pollster since the Conservative manifesto was published on Thursday — puts the Tories down to 44%, with Labour up to 35%.

It is the smallest advantage for May this year and suggests that the publication of the general election manifesto has slashed her lead in half since last weekend."

This is quite normal and the lead is usually extended as the vote gets closer. It's also the case that pollsters tend to overestimate the labour vote. The best thing to do is vote for independence then there's no need to worry what middle England do.

Edited by stlucifer

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:45 PM, oaksoft said:

For the overwhelming majority of people things are not pretty bleak at all.

What I personally want to hear is a bit less whining and a bit more silence from those who don't really need help so that as a society we can focus our efforts solely on those who do.

Give me a world like that and I will be happy. We have too many thrashing around taking up precoius time, money and effort who simply don't need it and others in dire need suffer because of it.

Oh good you are now a voice for 7.6 B Humans.............  FFS on this one your the example of exactly what the problem is

You really are in a self absorbed bubble aren't you, you talking so much small minded drivel, I will leave this with you.... all well , I am on the Bus , not my problem

Make a good epitaph for u

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I like when politicians change their minds, climb-down seems to be the term of choice.

It shows they recognise they've made a mistake, unlike all the voters who are perfect.

Mistake is one thing a policy not thought out properly then changed due to public pressure. Now she can't answer what the cap will be. This not her first back tracking ether. She sings how strong she is does not look that way to me.

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Mistake is one thing a policy not thought out properly then changed due to public pressure. Now she can't answer what the cap will be. This not her first back tracking ether. She sings how strong she is does not look that way to me.

However she could say she will shoot all cats and still get in with a 100 majority...

Wish I was a Tory it must be great fun

Edited by DougJamie

The Tories are unravelling.

Surely Corbyn can't pull this off, can he?

I don't reckon so, but it might well be a lot closer than most were predicting when May announced this snap election. If that decision was to turn round and bite her on the arse, I might actually drown in my own tears of laughter.

May is completely out of her depth, and the other 27 EU leaders will see that all too clearly. This Brexit journey is going to be an absolute car crash.

7 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Oh good you are now a voice for 7.6 B Humans.............  FFS on this one your the example of exactly what the problem is

You really are in a self absorbed bubble aren't you, you talking so much small minded drivel, I will leave this with you.... all well , I am on the Bus , not my problem

Make a good epitaph for u

Why are you talking about 7.6Bn people for? 

:blink:

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I like when politicians change their minds, climb-down seems to be the term of choice.

It shows they recognise they've made a mistake, unlike all the voters who are perfect.

Except TM denies anything has changed!

It's about protecting the OAP's of the Home Counties who will be getting bumped off PDQ if their offspring sense there's a chance of missing out on a substantial inheritance.

Another case of LondonLand's needs being prioritised above everyone else! :spud5

Edited by Bud the Baker

Weak and wobbly May had a bit of a 'mare on the Andrew Neil interview

What the last week or so has shown is that the people that pull the strings for the Torys are absolutely correct in advising May not to do any leaders debates. She is an absolute bombscare live and cannot handle any difficult question.

19 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

What the last week or so has shown is that the people that pull the strings for the Torys are absolutely correct in advising May not to do any leaders debates. She is an absolute bombscare live and cannot handle any difficult question.

Safe hands for the biggest deal in our life time Brexit. Really scary to be honest. 

1 hour ago, foxbar_bud said:

Very true as I've pointed out before she only got the job by avoiding the mass back-stabbing that followed the Euro Referendum.

In the Scottish Leaders debate Ruth Davidson looked ill at ease discussing Tory Social policy last night, especially when questioned by the guy with Asperger's and that was before today's about turn - what happened to the jolly Tory who smiled through the 2015 GE campaign? I thought NS handled herself competently without getting narky (see RD above) and no-one would have bothered much about the socialite/nurse/foodbanker if party hack Joanna Cherry hadn't jumped the gun about Tory party connections and subsequently been forced to apologize and retract her statement. I think everyone in the room could smell the ham coming from the nurse and a bit more restraint from JC would have seen the story fizzle out as the gross exaggeration it was, she should leave the online fight to the nutters who post on football forums except none of us ever retract, anything, ever!

Outside of that I thought Pat Harvie of the Greens sounded assured and competent but have Labour got nothing more constructive to school KD in than that unconvincing "Mrs. Angry" routine?

Edited by Bud the Baker