General Election 8th June

faraway saint

Because the FTSE is measuring the top 100 or 250 companies in the UK.
There are 2 million other companies not listed.
Therefore what the FTSE is doing is not always a reasonable indicator of the country's financial position.
If the general population want to become millionaires there is not a single other person stopping them.
They just need to stop whining and get on with it.
Our country is full of people who grew up in poverty but have worked hard enough to escape (I was one of them).
Many have become financially comfortable as a result.
Many of us are scratching our heads and wondering why so many are prepared to do nothing to help themselves and instead whine about others being "privileged".
Beyond helping those in need and those who need temporary help, why would you possibly think that after a lifetime of struggling to gain financial comfort that those who do so should willingly and happily allow the lazy and the feckless to just help themselves to our hard earned money?
These people are not even prepared to acknowledge the sacrifices successful people make to get rich and show absolutely no appreciation that so many are prepared to help out those at the bottom. And you wonder why the rich get slightly pissed off at being portrayed as bastards?
You must be joking right?

Erm. Ok doke, that's a point of view. You know it's not right though. surely [emoji6]

Country is in a right mess, political leaders are walking hypocrites and our current PM is cringeworthy. Trouble is wtf is the alternative.

Anyway. Politics, smolitics, it's all just bollitics

Guest TPAFKATS

Just found this on twitter
e418668a4f5b48a2da05600e84bed89d.jpg
Lord Sugar trying to kid us on he got where he is through hard work alone and as a working class guy he advises not to vote for Corbyn.
Imagine getting owned by Joey Barton though

Sent fae ma fone

Lord Sugar trying to kid us on he got where he is through hard work alone and as a working class guy he advises not to vote for Corbyn. 
Imagine getting owned by Joey Barton though

Sent fae ma fone
Well said Joey Barton, would trust Suger as far as I could throw him.....mind you Corbin is an anachronism who shouldn't really be let out alone

53 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Erm. Ok doke, that's a point of view. You know it's not right though. surely emoji6.png

Country is in a right mess, political leaders are walking hypocrites and our current PM is cringeworthy. Trouble is wtf is the alternative.

Anyway. Politics, smolitics, it's all just bollitics

I do like that last line. 

9 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The amount of money cheated out of the welfare system is miniscule in comparison to what is list through tax avoidance by individuals, small companies and large corporations.
As a society we laud corporations who pay minimum wage to zero hours contract workers while castigating the same workers for needing benefits to get by partly due to exorbitant rents created by a housing bubble that has removed the ability for most to get on the housing market.

Don't want to get into an argument about citizens cheating the benefits system but I certainly think the frequently trotted out figures of how much tax avoidance it is estimated multi-national companies 'enjoy' is greatly exaggerated. I've heard it suggested that it comes to more than the cost of our welfare system. Anybody believe that? The total cost of our welfare system is variously quoted as anything from £250 billion  to over £500 billion.  £250 billion is £250,000.000,000. Makes it look bigger, doesn't it? The country cannot keep it going ad infinitum and the longer it takes for a government with balls to really come to terms with it, the worse it will get.

4 hours ago, RickMcD said:

Don't want to get into an argument about citizens cheating the benefits system but I certainly think the frequently trotted out figures of how much tax avoidance it is estimated multi-national companies 'enjoy' is greatly exaggerated. I've heard it suggested that it comes to more than the cost of our welfare system. Anybody believe that? The total cost of our welfare system is variously quoted as anything from £250 billion  to over £500 billion.  £250 billion is £250,000.000,000. Makes it look bigger, doesn't it? The country cannot keep it going ad infinitum and the longer it takes for a government with balls to really come to terms with it, the worse it will get.

Back to Workhouses then?

On practical terms TM's Conservative Party don't even have the "balls" to address the issue as their U-turns over NI contributions for the self employed at the last budget and the "Dementia Tax" during the campaign have shown.

I guess it gonna get worse!

Edited by Bud the Baker

My missus put it perfectly

No party will change my life, so with this who honestly cares who wins

I voted in a very safe SNP seat so my vote is irrelevant

Saw the crap the UGov have been assuming to make this sound close

So in true B& W format

Labour 220 Tories 353

Crowd 26,734,996   

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Back to Workhouses then?

On practical terms TM's Conservative Party don't even have the "balls" to address the issue as their U-turns over NI contributions for the self employed at the last budget and the "Dementia Tax" during the campaign have shown.

I guess it gonna get worse!

Workhouses :lol:

Personal responsibility and a bit less entitlement is all that is needed.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Workhouses :lol:

It was a bit tongue in cheek though I've no doubt there's some on the Blimpish side of the Conservative Party who would like to see us head in that direction.

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Personal responsibility and a bit less entitlement is all that is needed.

You should have your own TV show!

46 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You certainly didn't buy that copy in Scotland. The Sun a paper that supports whatever party will sell most copies depending on geaographic area - says it all !

Good business then. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Can I get a receipt please for tax deductible expense proformae. I assume you take debit cards.

Are you insinuating that the self employed, like taxi drivers for example, may be using the system to avoid paying tax?
Shame on you Mr Nipper.
This will all be sorted by that increase in NI contributions for the self employed that was announced in the March budget...

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I recall at an election back in the 90's the Sun had a full page picture of John Major and the strap line above it was "A vote for the SNP is a vote for me"

I would never read the rag never mind buy it . They must have put their Tartan Tories slant to bed for now . .

I can't believe anyone does two faced total twats. It's like a Saints fan going on holiday wearing a Rangers top.