General Election 8th June

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

Whatever floats your boat. Bigot apologist that you are

Jings, you are fuming. :lol:

Watch out yir heid disnae explode. 

I only mentioned Northern Ireland was part of the UK. 

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Dinnae think that will work. 

He is absolutely outraged about summat. 

Shull you are a decent man and I admit we differ on our politics.

I know you will be happy the Tories won no matter how marginally.

I both get and respect that.

As a decent man surely you can see these bigots in the DUP should be nowhere near power.

I have no wish to debate with anyone on here because i see it as a pointless exercise. I'm an SNP member and i will always vote SNP. I will offer my opinion that as a party we must learn from our mistakes and not repeat them. This is perhaps the kick up the arse the party needed after trouncing everyone in sight last time round. We need to get out there and find out what the people are thinking and take that on board.  The call for an Indyref2 so soon after the previous one was ill advised and it was not the right time....The time will come when it is on the cards again and that's when it should be put to the people. I also think this car crash of a coalition will actually give them plenty of ammunition if they need any to gain many of the lost voters back.

26 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I have no wish to debate with anyone on here because i see it as a pointless exercise. I'm an SNP member and i will always vote SNP. I will offer my opinion that as a party we must learn from our mistakes and not repeat them. This is perhaps the kick up the arse the party needed after trouncing everyone in sight last time round. We need to get out there and find out what the people are thinking and take that on board.  The call for an Indyref2 so soon after the previous one was ill advised and it was not the right time....The time will come when it is on the cards again and that's when it should be put to the people. I also think this car crash of a coalition will actually give them plenty of ammunition if they need any to gain many of the lost voters back.

A thoughtful and sensible post, it'll never catch on in here :P

28 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I wouldn't read too much into the Tory "revival". We trounced everyone last time partly due to a protest vote. The protest vote was probably mainly Labour. This time we have a truer reflection of immediate backing for Independence. Still quite a solid starting point. When the next election comes in the autumn I believe we will have a readjustment which will allow the SNP to take back marginal seats and, if the labour voters who were encouraged to vote tactically by their Scottish wimp of a leader, revert or, even better, decide there is no way a Labour party can win in Engurland, we could win some of the seats back.

On the up side, this might be as bad as it gets for us given the concerted efforts by the unionists to turn people against us. Stay strong and keep the faith.

I've already suggested that the Tories, as a party in the HoC, will not tolerate working with the DUP. May can try as she may but there will be too many on her own side who won't tolerate them. This will end up in tatters sooner rather than later. Add to that, that it would take TWO by-election defeats for the Tories to lose their potential majority or a couple on sick leave for them to lose a vote. It just isn't sustainable. IMO.

ETA. The referendum date was necessary but I agree the timing of announcing it turned out to be folly. Who, though, could have predicted May would Uturn on her commitment of NOT calling an election before the Brexit deal was sorted? I don't blame NS for the timing of the announcement.

Edited by stlucifer

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I wouldn't read too much into the Tory "revival". We trounced everyone last time partly due to a protest vote. The protest vote was probably mainly Labour. This time we have a truer reflection of immediate backing for Independence. Still quite a solid starting point. When the next election comes in the autumn I believe we will have a readjustment which will allow the SNP to take back marginal seats and, if the labour voters who were encouraged to vote tactically by their Scottish wimp of a leader, revert or, even better, decide there is no way a Labour party can win in Engurland, we could win some of the seats back.

On the up side, this might be as bad as it gets for us given the concerted efforts by the unionists to turn people against us. Stay strong and keep the faith.

I've already suggested that the Tories, as a party in the HoC, will not tolerate working with the DUP. May can try as she may but there will be too many on her own side who won't tolerate them. This will end up in tatters sooner rather than later. Add to that, that it would take TWO by-election defeats for the Tories to lose their potential majority or a couple on sick leave for them to lose a vote. It just isn't sustainable. IMO.

I agree, patience is a virtue, something wee Nicola would do well to take on board. I think we'll probably go back to 40+ seats in the next election as long as the party listen to what the ordinary people want.

I think we Nicola was unlucky - remember she was only demanding the right to hold an Indy2 and expected it to be a couple of years down the line once Brexit deal was clear.

It would never happen unless she was sure from opinion polls that she would win it. 

Where she lost out was the calling of a snap election in the middle of all the debate - this gave the opposition a big stick to hit her with instead of putting forward clear policies of their own.

1 hour ago, Longtimecoming said:

Shull you are a decent man and I admit we differ on our politics.

I know you will be happy the Tories won no matter how marginally.

I both get and respect that.

As a decent man surely you can see these bigots in the DUP should be nowhere near power.

Politics are boring. 

I wisnae making a Political point. 

I only telt Mr Super Angry that Ulster was in Britain. 

Couldn't care less about any Political Party or Politician 

Never mind DUP, I widnae vote anybody in to rule me..

Still waiting for smooth roads. 

Edited by shull

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Although, on a personal note.

Margaret Thatcher & Theresa May

Threesome :wub: :clapping

I hate to tell you that one of them is dead.

So....that would be a pretty horrendous threesome.

Still if you can get it up at your age who am I to criticise.....

Fair enough but it wasn't me who brought up the idea of digging up a long dead politician and inviting Theresa May to join you in bending said freshly exhumed former premier over a paper and coffee mug strewn desk and slipping her the full 3 inches - an act which today's youngsters call going "balls deep".

Edited by oaksoft

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Fair enough but it wasn't me who brought up the idea of digging up a long dead politician and inviting Theresa May to join you in bending said freshly exhumed former premier over a paper and coffee mug strewn desk and slipping her the full 3 inches - an act which today's youngsters call going "balls deep".

Far too much detail in there for you not have cerebral experience of that particular carnal act.

I hope for your sake it was a dream (nightmare) and not a conscious thought.:blink::P

Edited by FTOF

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Far too much detail in there for you not have cerebral experience of that particular carnal act.

I hope for your sake it was a dream (nightmare) and not a conscious thought.:blink::P

Well it is going to be a nightmare tonight isn't it?

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

ETA. The referendum date was necessary but I agree the timing of announcing it turned out to be folly. Who, though, could have predicted May would Uturn on her commitment of NOT calling an election before the Brexit deal was sorted? I don't blame NS for the timing of the announcement.

I recall that once upon a time, Sturgeon said an indy ref would be a once in a generation thing.  She lied.  She changed her mind.

I also recall Sturgeon beating May aboot the heid cos May "did not have a mandate to govern".

So it strikes me that of all the people on the planet, Sturgeon should have been best placed to recognise that May, like herself, was a politician and thus highly likely to change her mind, especially when Sturgeon was asking herself for another election..

Lying  and wrong-footing the opposition is second-nature to politicians.  Sturgeon utterly, naively miscalculated and should have known better.

2 hours ago, shull said:

Politics are boring. 

I wisnae making a Political point. 

I only telt Mr Super Angry that Ulster was in Britain. 

Couldn't care less about any Political Party or Politician 

Never mind DUP, I widnae vote anybody in to rule me..

Still waiting for smooth roads. 

Ulster isn't in Britain