General Election 8th June

faraway saint

11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Won the war, lost the peace..........:lol:

That's what really rankles with people of your generation isn't it Ching?

To answer your question about Greece and Portugal yes, frequently, with the whole SNPbad slant amplified.

Meanwhile today "Tory of the Moment" Ruth Davidson has come out (sic) arguing for a soft Brexit, which IMO is not the most likely outcome with Michael Gove back in the Cabinet and TM beholden to the DUP. If Ruth thinks hard about it she might want to join us. :booty

Puerile and arithmetically challenged. :P

Ruth having her perspective and current (as ever transient, too) power is precisely what I mean about Scots being able to exert influence on a UK government.  Perhaps.

10 minutes ago, antrin said:

Puerile and arithmetically challenged. :P

Ruth having her perspective and current (as ever transient, too) power is precisely what I mean about Scots being able to exert influence on a UK government.  Perhaps.

Always puerile, but where was the arithmetic?

Having said that if you want to talk arithmetic(ish) here's a couple of points.

• Boundary changes due in 2018 will favour the Conservatives at the next GE - provided it's not another snap one!
  • As the pre-Thatcher generations thin out the demographic changes will favour Independence.

Like I said the underlying reason the SNP are the largest Scottish party at Westminster, Holyrood and local councils "the soft underbelly of the Home Counties and Westminster elites" isn't gonna change so in the long term there is only one way it can go.

Cant believe we still have people on here defending the UDA/Tory alliance- Tory MPs are appalled and uncertain of what this means to their party, yet we still have the we won crap going on.

The GE of 2017 was the 4th time we have had a vote in Scotland in 3 years, and we may well have another one in the next 4/6 months..... We certainly have a split Britain and I solely blame a very weak Govt for that.....

Will say it again- That May is so intent on Power she will align with a party that is totally alien to UK Morals and Values, and I will also say, that her own party does not support her..... If you think any of Mays policies will get thru your sadly deluded...... Assuming that 318 Tories prop them up is ludicrous........... By Xmas backbenchers will be voting Labour, Tories are reckless, they gave us Brexit, another GE, and now have brought the Orange order into power

Again May shows how weak she is by reappointing Gove, the guy she sacked is back in to appease the Leavers............ I don't for one second think the SNPs/ Lab are the answer however at least they have morals

Fact is that the Tories lost 25 seats in England/. Wales in 7 weeks!! So imagine how many they will lose in 7 months.....

So when you defend the Tories, have a quick check to what it is your actually defending!

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Always puerile, but where was the arithmetic?

The war ended in1945.

i've notched up a few birthdays (one today, as it happens) but not a big enough number to have experienced THAT war.

As for the rest of your post...

Far too pessimistic.  Jeremy has offered a change from austerity, a vision of hope that people will buy into - remember that a lot of new voters have started out by buying into that...  And that most of London (us rich and privileged baby-boomers) is already labour and socially minded....

14 minutes ago, antrin said:

The war ended in1945.

i've notched up a few birthdays (one today, as it happens) but not a big enough number to have experienced THAT war.

As for the rest of your post...

Far too pessimistic.  Jeremy has offered a change from austerity, a vision of hope that people will buy into - remember that a lot of new voters have started out by buying into that...  And that most of London (us rich and privileged baby-boomers) is already labour and socially minded....

Well as long as The Kids Are Alright then I suppose the rest of us can fuck right off....

Image result for the kids are alright

1 hour ago, antrin said:

You ain't heavy, you're our brothers.

we can bear the burden...

We might be able to bear the burden but that doesn't mean me either should or want to do so.

The young need to learn to fight like the rest of us. They should stop whining and get working.

They have no more of a right to expect life to be easy than any other generation before them.

Maybe I would change my mind if they stopped blaming older people for their problems,

Guest TPAFKATS
Latest news - Queen's Speech to be delayed.

Can TM stay on?  If so how long?

Oh and it's Royal Ascot next week so it's being suggested it might be the following week! :clapping

Ffs, stop the political world as the Queen is at the gee,gees [emoji23]

Guest TPAFKATS
Won the war, lost the peace..........[emoji38]
That's what really rankles with people of your generation isn't it Ching?
To answer your question about Greece and Portugal yes, frequently, with the whole SNPbad slant amplified.
Meanwhile today "Tory of the Moment" Ruth Davidson has come out (sic) arguing for a soft Brexit, which IMO is not the most likely outcome with Michael Gove back in the Cabinet and TM beholden to the DUP. If Ruth thinks hard about it she might want to join us. :booty

Wee Ruth flip flops with the political wind.
This time last year she was a remainer.
After the vote she was making the same noises as the other Holyrood leaders regarding keeping us in.
After Mayhem got the top job, she quickly took her line on a hard Brexit.
She refused to work with Scottish Government on Brexit.
Now all by herself she's going to persuade Mayhem and the DUP to opt for a soft Brexit.

Meanwhile the DUP are attempting to get their mate Farage into the brexit negotiations.

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Wee Ruth flip flops with the political wind.
This time last year she was a remainer.
After the vote she was making the same noises as the other Holyrood leaders regarding keeping us in.
After Mayhem got the top job, she quickly took her line on a hard Brexit.
She refused to work with Scottish Government on Brexit.
Now all by herself she's going to persuade Mayhem and the DUP to opt for a soft Brexit.

Meanwhile the DUP are attempting to get their mate Farage into the brexit negotiations.

I kid you not. BBC talking to Tories on the ground.
It appears, at grass roots level, the Tories are demanding a more engaging leader. One who can counteract Corbyn. they want the grass roots more involved, the way Corbyn did. They want a charismatic leader. Like the Labour party have.
Now who would have predicted that two weeks ago?
And WTF is Davidson being allowed input into the Brexit negotiations when she is an MSP whose party is the minority party in OUR country and the First Minister is told she will have none? How is that even close to being more engaging with others?

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:
I kid you not. BBC talking to Tories on the ground.
It appears, at grass roots level, the Tories are demanding a more engaging leader. One who can counteract Corbyn. they want the grass roots more involved, the way Corbyn did. They want a charismatic leader. Like the Labour party have.
Now who would have predicted that two weeks ago?
And WTF is Davidson being allowed input into the Brexit negotiations when she is an MSP whose party is the minority party in OUR country and the First Minister is told she will have none? How is that even close to being more engaging with others?

Spolitix - May will say that Davidson represents the real opinion of Scotland and Davidson will say that May listened to her and amended her policies on her advice.

Question for Dugdale - who's come out of this election with an enhanced reputation?

Guest TPAFKATS
New Environment Secretary Michael Gove has issued a statement saying it is an "honour" to be given the role by Theresa May.

"As we leave the European Union, I am determined to protect our precious environment, support our thriving fishing industry and help our globally-renowned food and farming industries grow more, sell more and export more great British food and drink.”

And he's going to achieve all that by letting his mates kill foxes.

Whisper it, but it's not a bad move by May. As environment secretary Gove will be the one responsible for explaining to farmers and fishing leaders just how f**ked they are going to be.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

The wee fat United fan on Reporting Scotland just said Ruth won the election up here. He must've lost count on his wee sausage fingers

Surprised he never fecking ate them.

Once bitten, the Lib-Dems seem to have contracted rabies............:wacko:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4609352/Will-new-Lib-Dem-leader-deal-PM.html?ITO=1490

The Conservatives and Liberal Democrats held a secret meeting yesterday, opening up the prospect of another coalition government.

Tory whips met with Alistair Carmichael, deputy chief whip during the alliance, as talks between the Government and the DUP continued.

Talks opened after Lib Dem leader Tim Farron, who had ruled out pacts, deals and coalitions, stepped down on Wednesday.

Favourite: Former equalities minister Jo Swinson could take over as Lib Dem leader

There is a feeling that the new party leader may agree to a deal, and would be able to secure the backing of the party.

FFS!

Guest TPAFKATS
Once bitten, the Lib-Dems seem to have contracted rabies............:wacko:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4609352/Will-new-Lib-Dem-leader-deal-PM.html?ITO=1490
The Conservatives and Liberal Democrats held a secret meeting yesterday, opening up the prospect of another coalition government.
Tory whips met with Alistair Carmichael, deputy chief whip during the alliance, as talks between the Government and the DUP continued.
Talks opened after Lib Dem leader Tim Farron, who had ruled out pacts, deals and coalitions, stepped down on Wednesday.
Favourite: Former equalities minister Jo Swinson could take over as Lib Dem leader
There is a feeling that the new party leader may agree to a deal, and would be able to secure the backing of the party.
FFS!

It's Carmichael ffs, even the judge at his court case said you couldn't believe a word he said!