Hibernian v St Mirren Championship 6/5/17

shull

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Great attacking football kept us up, that's the best thing about it.

2017 has been the best year supporting St Mirren since 2000.  Not only did we stay up we got the QF of the cup, and went to Parkhead and lead 1-0 at half time.  Ross got the better of Brendan Rodgers that day.

Mallan and Magennis will move to the English Championship and they deserve it, possibly Morgan will too.  I would love it if we could sell them on with a one year loan back to us. It would be great if we could keep that midfield together for one more year and win the title next season.

Gary MacKenzie was great today.  Keeping hold of him and Davis for next year would be a great boost too.

Only after next season.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Off to The Skids gig in exceptional spirits. emoji41.png

I saw The Skids earlier today. When Raith went 1-0 up, when Hibs went 1-0 up, when Ayr missed a penalty, and when Raith went 2-1 up with three minutes still to play at Easter Road.

The only question is can Persil remove them.

Well, tears have just about dried up now. Like others, a few months back I could never have seen this day. Finish 7th? By Tory logic we're Champions!

As much as I liked Jack as a player, I wasn't sold on the managerial appointment and the first 3 or 4 months bore that out.

However, what a difference he and JF have made since the transfer window. They had the guts to make radical changes to the playing staff whilst sticking to their plan of how they wanted their side to play. Added to that, they enjoyed a Chairman and Board who were positive in outlook and prepared to back the management team.

So, congratulations to all and I'm sorry I doubted you....greetin' again. [emoji24]

Oh, one last thought. Congratulations to the fans who have travelled in such numbers over the last few months and with such belief.

Every one of you deserves the celebratory Sunburn on Leith that's coming your way! [emoji3][emoji481]????

Just now, pozbaird said:

I saw The Skids earlier today. When Raith went 1-0 up, when Hibs went 1-0 up, when Ayr missed a penalty, and when Raith went 2-1 up with three minutes still to play at Easter Road.

The only question is can Persil remove them.

Ditto, my workmate had to move to the other end of the office.

oh flower of Paisley when will we see yur like again, who fought and near died for, oor wee bit hill and glen.

I've always been proud to bea buddie but tonight I'm absolutely bursting for my town and my team, I f**kin love you all Paisley.. my town and my team

Not my best but, hey ho, that's drink for you.

The Great Escape (06/05.17)

Well the time is right, to sit and reflect,

About a season, we would rather forget.

The first few games, were a waste of space,

And showed that the manager, should be replaced.

But many cried, “Not Jack”, without hesitation,

He won’t save Saint Mirren from relegation.

The team was in freefall, so far behind,

To not see our fate, you’d have to be blind.

At Christmas we were, a team who were dead,

We were gone no matter which tabloid you read.

Come January Jack started, to ring the changes,

By the end of the window, a team full of strangers.

And then what we saw, from that day on,

A brand new ethos, the team was reborn.

Suddenly we could beat, all in our path,

But it still seemed unlikely, you do the math.

By the end of April, we all could believe,

That Jack could save us, and a sigh we would heave.

Yet due to our manager’s, tactics and cunning,

By the end of this day, we were happy and sunning

So I say that this year, and I say it with reason,

Should be recorded, as the Lazarus season.

Edited by stlucifer

Relief. Simple as that. I do not believe today was a great day in St Mirren's history. I believe it was an important day in St Mirren's history. Needing a point on the final day to avoid potential relegation to the third tier for the first time in our history has not, and will not, see me celebrating... what it will do though, is to recognise and thank the manager and players for showing real guts and spine, allied to a great deal of skill, to dig themselves, and by turn the club, out of an exceedingly deep hole.

They deserve credit, and I fully give it... Celebrating is what I did in 1977, 1987, 2000, and 2013.

Shitting my pants and praying for the best is something entirely different!

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Relief. Simple as that. I do not believe today was a great day in St Mirren's history. I believe it was an important day in St Mirren's history. Needing a point on the final day to avoid potential relegation to the third tier for the first time in our history has not, and will not, see me celebrating... what it will do though, is to recognise and thank the manager and players for showing real guts and spine, allied to a great deal of skill, to dig themselves, and by turn the club, out of an exceedingly deep hole.

They deserve credit, and I fully give it... Celebrating is what I did in 1977, 1987, 2000, and 2013.

Unless your teetotal, I'm sure you'll have a wee dram tonight.

It was a great day for the fans.

Edited by pod

21 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Not my best but, hey ho, that's drink for you.

Well the time is right, to sit and reflect,

About a season, we would like to forget.

The first few games, were a waste of space,

And showed that the manager, should be replaced.

But few would say, that they felt it right,

That Jack was the man, to preserve our right.

A team in freefall, 19 points were behind,

To not see our fate, you’d have to be blind.

At Christmas, we were a team who were dead,

We were gone ,no matter, which tabloid you read.

Come January Jack started, to make some changes,

By the end of the window, a team full of new faces.

And then what we saw from that day on,

Was a brand new ethos, the team was reborn.

Suddenly, we could beat, all in our path,

But it still seemed unlikely, you do the math.

By the end of April, we all could believe,

That Jack could save us, and a sigh we could heave.

Yes. Due to our manager’s, tactics and cunning,

By the end of this day, we were happy and sunning

So I say that this year and I say it with reason,

Should be recorded as the Lazarus season.

MacGonagle lives!

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

eRelief. Simple as that. I do not believe today was a great day in St Mirren's history. I believe it was an important day in St Mirren's history. Needing a point on the final day to avoid potential relegation to the third tier for the first time in our history has not, and will not, see me celebrating... what it will do though, is to recognise and thank the manager and players for showing real guts and spine, allied to a great deal of skill, to dig themselves, and by turn the club, out of an exceedingly deep hole.

I see your point Poz. I really do. BUT. This is a remarkable turnaround and the team that finished the season deserves accolades and celebration for what thay did. The people who put us in the position, in the main, are no longer involved. It would be wrong Not to be classed as heroes and the achievement celebrated. Yes. We were in real danger of being dragged into a chasm which we may or may not have survived but we should celebrate the new teams results. A second half of a season we should never forget.

Edited by stlucifer

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I hear ya, but I am unashamedly celebrating, my heart is bursting with pride, come on you saints

1 minute ago, pod said:

Unless your teetotal, I'm sure you'll have a wee dram tonight. 

Nah... cannot stand Scotch... a wee bourbon though! Basil Hayden, Tin Cup or Woodford Reserve.

I am convinced Jack Ross' over-riding emotion will also be relief more so than celebration. Roll on next season though!

I'll try to word this better! As an example - in 2013 I drove home with my St Mirren scarf shoved out the car window to allow it to pwoudly, vewy pwoudly, flutter in the air for all to see. 

I wouldn't do that because we avoided relegation, and I fully recognise the bloody effort the manager and players put in to ensure relegation never happened.

A quiet beer for me and hopes for a better overall season next time. Well played Jack and the boys though. Very, very well played.

Edited by pozbaird

Absolutely incredible. The classic rollercoaster of emotions between going behind, getting level and what was going on at Stark's Park.

Cannot believe we have stayed up and not even needed the play-offs. Did not think there was a hope of that happening.

What a day. Absolutely emotionally drained.

We are staying up!

IMG_1494091388.633640.jpg