Moment of the season

McGinn's goal at Falkirk last week and the scenes following it. I'm certain the Falkirk fans in the ground all thought to themselves at that moment.. A: That was a great goal, and B: That's a great away support.

Cathartic. Orgasmic. Fcuking brilliant... it's moments like that where you just go mental that makes football worthwhile.

I think the half-time team talk in the New Saints match is a good choice, but for me, Stephen McGinn's goal in that game was a pivotal moment in the season. You could see the confidence build during the rest of the match and it seems to have rarely left the team since. It's certainly been a helluva season, but exciting and thanks to Div's periscope feeds, I really feel a part of the run-in instead of waiting for scoreflashes on this site or the bbc. Much appreciated!

PS - Be grateful if somebody could tell me how to change my user name. It seemed a good idea at the time, but not any more!!!!

As above, McGinns goal against TNS. Sparked us into life that night and seems to have galvanised us for the past few months. Definitely a defining moment in the season.

Can we also just have the January window? Jack and James pulled off some unbelievable moves, moving on deadwood like Gallacher, Gallagher, Shankland and Hardie.

Keeping Stevie Mallan? Seems to be a bit of luck involved with this as Barnsley got cold feet for some reason. Has been superb since the window shut.

Obviously, and hopefully, the defining moment is still to come

We could have two moments of the season, a positive one and a negative one.   Here is my tuppence worth

Positive

The second half Vs TNS was pretty special.  It marked a new found confidence and swagger that we are still confidently swaggering.

The 0-2 win away at Ayr United was also a memorable day as was super Stellios slotting home his second goal at home to the much fancied Hibs as I watched on with real pride as my team really started to show that a corner had not only been turned but "swaggered right roon".  

The cup final when that pain in the arse drum was actually really good, so good in fact that I like it now?

For me it was seeing young Stephen McGinn running out with our strip on again.

Negative

A low point would be Rocco Quinn hopelessly giving the ball away on the edge of our box during a 0-3 defeat to Queen of the South.  Perhaps the moment the board decided that gaffer Jack needed enough backing to sign an entirely new team? By Christ we were really rotten.

Another low point would be Jamie Langfield trudging off the park, shoulders haunched forward, staring dejectedly at the ground having given that hopeless goal away at home to Dumbarton.  By Christ we were really rotten.

Shankland missing that penalty? By Christ we were really rotten.

In conclusion

We need to remember just how rotten we actually were, by Christ we were rotten.  Alex Rae was a truly hopeless manager.  By Christ was Alex Rae a rotten manager.  The contrast with Mr Jack Ross could not be more...... well contrasting.  By Christ has Jack Ross did well! 

Addendum:- Too early

The moment of the season has yet to be lived.  When Jack Ross, Stephen McGinn, Stevie Mallan, super Stellios, big darling McKenzie, Billy the fish, Lewis Morgan, Cammy Smith, Rory Loy, Jack Baird, Adam Eckersley, Gary Irvine, Kyle Magennis, big John Sutton, Josh Todd and everyone else involved with first team duties walk over to our support to receive our adulation having just secured 8th place will be a moment to cherish, to enjoy, to look upon with pride.  That moment has yet to be written and when it happens (and it will happen) let us recall just how awful the mess was and appreciate the turnaround these magnificent men delivered.  That moment will be the moment of the season, the moment we can look confidently to the future, the moment we kick on, the moment our imminent success could be built from.  That my freinds will be THE moment of the season.  When it comes cherish it, then go and get pished!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Old Weiserbud said:

I think the half-time team talk in the New Saints match is a good choice, but for me, Stephen McGinn's goal in that game was a pivotal moment in the season. You could see the confidence build during the rest of the match and it seems to have rarely left the team since. It's certainly been a helluva season, but exciting and thanks to Div's periscope feeds, I really feel a part of the run-in instead of waiting for scoreflashes on this site or the bbc. Much appreciated!

PS - Be grateful if somebody could tell me how to change my user name. It seemed a good idea at the time, but not any more!!!!

The moment we knew we had thumped Morton at their own dump ground.

And ye cannae ya auld wheezerburd!

Still a lot of important minutes of football to be played so the "moment" may still be to come.

However so far the biggest moment of the season was John Sutton outpacing the Ayr defence and coolly slotting his goal down at Somerset park to send the away fans into a frenzy.

Mallan's strike yesterday and the scenes following it have now replaced McGinn's strike at Falkirk and the scenes following that, as my moment of the season. However, that will be replaced by the moment a referee's whistle finally ends this clusterfcuk of a season. I'm hopeful it ends at Easter Road, but if it goes to another two or four games... I just want this season to end, and never be repeated. Dipping our toes into the third tier? Fcuk that for a game of soldiers. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Mallan's strike yesterday and the scenes following it have now replaced McGinn's strike at Falkirk and the scenes following that, as my moment of the season. However, that will be replaced by the moment a referee's whistle finally ends this clusterfcuk of a season. I'm hopeful it ends at Easter Road, but if it goes to another two or four games... I just want this season to end, and never be repeated. Dipping our toes into the third tier? Fcuk that for a game of soldiers. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

I hope to fcuk it's either none or four after next Saturday's final whistle. Two would be a disaster.