Today's Ref

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Still an honest mistake surely?

Bordering on cheating suggests a deliberate decision, think you're way off the mark there.

Inept, poor, etc maybe.

Maybe I need to see it again . Possibly it wasn't as blatant as everyone in the stadium barring the ref first thought . 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

I doubt many in the St Mirren end, as it happened right in front of us, doubted it was a foul.

The Utd fans on Pie and Bovril say they couldn't believe the goal stood . Good enough for me .

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

The Utd fans on Pie and Bovril say they couldn't believe the goal stood . Good enough for me .

I had Radio Scotland on the radio with earphones. They were slaughtering the referee. Absolutely laying into him for his decision - and a few others following the big one that cost us the opening goal. The guy was absolutely awful.

I don't see any paranoid "its an agenda" type posts here.  I've watched it again on Divs periscope broadcast and it must go down as one of the worst refereeing decisions I have ever seen.  Just cant understand how the ref or linesman could not have seen it.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I had Radio Scotland on the radio with earphones. They were slaughtering the referee. Absolutely laying into him for his decision - and a few others following the big one that cost us the opening goal. The guy was absolutely awful.

No arguments from me . 

We'll probably end up getting him for play off match .

Anyone who hasn't seen the goal can check it out on periscope 

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1vOGwvbzyVWKB

The ref was behind the incident and possibly un-sighted. McKenzie may have impaired the linesman's view but thats still a pretty poor exuse for the officials.

It happens about 10:50 mins into the broadcast.

The simple fact is basic goalkeeping errors have cost us massively this season possibly around seven or eight points.You can look at Langfield's kick straight to the Dumbarton player from around four yards.Gallacher failing to catch the cross in injury time against Morton.O'Brien's kick straight to Hardie against Raith and yesterday picking up a back pass when he must have lost it momentarily.All basic errors of the highest order no matter how well you play you simply cannot continue with those very very basic errors without it costing you.

12 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Anyone who hasn't seen the goal can check it out on periscope 

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1vOGwvbzyVWKB

The ref was behind the incident and possibly un-sighted. McKenzie may have impaired the linesman's view but thats still a pretty poor exuse for the officials.

It happens about 10:50 mins into the broadcast.

Just watched it back again . Still think it's one of the worst bits of refereeing I've ever witnessed. The man is a kunt .

On the plus side - Div's commentary made me laugh . Excellent .

1 minute ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

The simple fact is basic goalkeeping errors have cost us massively this season possibly around seven or eight points.You can look at Langfield's kick straight to the Dumbarton player from around four yards.Gallacher failing to catch the cross in injury time against Morton.O'Brien's kick straight to Hardie against Raith and yesterday picking up a back pass when he must have lost it momentarily.All basic errors of the highest order no matter how well you play you simply cannot continue with those very very basic errors without it costing you.

What about his saves that have helped gain points ? Overlooked ? 

5 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Must admit I'm losing a wee bif of faith with Billy. He's costing us goals now and he's looking jittery which is not something we need right now.

Every player makes mistakes like he did yesterday (and at Raith) but I don't think he commands his box well enough which is my big criticism.

Look at the first Falkirk goal last week as an example. I want my keeper coming out and taking that high floated free kick. Instead Billy watches it sail into the box thinking it's going out, Falkirk player hooks it back across and they equalise. He got away with a couple in Greenock as well where he's flapped at crosses.

He's young but if I'm being brutally honest I'd say if we had a better keeper we'd already be safe. For me he has become the weakest link.

I don't think Jack would drop him though, and don't think Langfield is the answer anyway. We need to stick with Billy and hope he cuts out these daft mistakes because it's costing us.

Must admit I'm losing a wee bif of faith with Billy. He's costing us goals now and he's looking jittery which is not something we need right now.

Every player makes mistakes like he did yesterday (and at Raith) but I don't think he commands his box well enough which is my big criticism.

Look at the first Falkirk goal last week as an example. I want my keeper coming out and taking that high floated free kick. Instead Billy watches it sail into the box thinking it's going out, Falkirk player hooks it back across and they equalise. He got away with a couple in Greenock as well where he's flapped at crosses.

He's young but if I'm being brutally honest I'd say if we had a better keeper we'd already be safe. For me he has become the weakest link.

I don't think Jack would drop him though, and don't think Langfield is the answer anyway. We need to stick with Billy and hope he cuts out these daft mistakes because it's costing us.

Agree with that. As bad as he's been recently, I wouldn't drop him. He's still better than Langfield.

Our first summer signing has to be an experienced keeper, no matter what league we are in.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

I don't see any paranoid "its an agenda" type posts here.  I've watched it again on Divs periscope broadcast and it must go down as one of the worst refereeing decisions I have ever seen.  Just cant understand how the ref or linesman could not have seen it.

No? The referee deliberately cheated? The decision not to award us a free kick in the lead-up could be what relegates us? Anyone watching the game knows it... etc. If it isn't OF-esque paranoia, what is it?

. .anyone remember E*die Sm*th

Ironically, Smith's career in big-time football began to peter out after two controversial incidents in matches between Celtic and St Mirren in the space of five months in 2008.

In February of that year he outraged then Saints boss Gus MacPherson with the award of a last-gasp free-kick from which Shunsuke Nakamura fired the winner to keep Gordon Strachan's side on track for a third successive title.

Then, on flag day the following season, a furious MacPherson claimed Smith winked at him from the pitch after awarding Celtic a controversial matchwinning penalty and sending off St Mirren defender Will Haining.

3 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

. .anyone remember E*die Sm*th

Ironically, Smith's career in big-time football began to peter out after two controversial incidents in matches between Celtic and St Mirren in the space of five months in 2008.

In February of that year he outraged then Saints boss Gus MacPherson with the award of a last-gasp free-kick from which Shunsuke Nakamura fired the winner to keep Gordon Strachan's side on track for a third successive title.

Then, on flag day the following season, a furious MacPherson claimed Smith winked at him from the pitch after awarding Celtic a controversial matchwinning penalty and sending off St Mirren defender Will Haining.

Aye, I remember him and both those incidents.

I haven't noticed any Celtic comment on how things balance themselves out over the years in relation to the "penalty"/"diving" incident last w/e...<_<

Just now, antrin said:

Aye, I remember him and both those incidents.

I haven't noticed any Celtic comment on how things balance themselves out over the years in relation to the "penalty"/"diving" incident last w/e...<_<

The point being Bluto , is that at the time a large group of our support thought Sm*th was a Sellic fan , however the quote above came from a piece whereby he reported sellic in 2011 for sectarian chants at a Euro game . . so perhaps Sm*th was just shit and didnae like us rather than a Sellic fan. .

What compounded the mishtake yesterday was the fact that he went on to book Mackenzie when Gary showed him the evidence. .<_<

We're not dead yet guys. we still have at Least 2 possibly 6 games left to save our Season. If we get to the playoffs every game won't just be a cup final it will be games against teams who see playing against ST Mirren as their cup final as well as a possible promotion bonanza. All these teams will up their game against us. Billy will have a big part to play and It is imperative he learns. Many more decisions will go against us and we will have to overcome setbacks but that's the lure of the beautiful game.

True fans will moan about everything

Blame everyone else

Turn up week in week out

COYS

We're on our way

how we'll get their I don't Know/care

The referee was an absolute disgrace yesterday. We were well on top when he should have chopped the goal off. It was a foul and should never have stood. 

The timing of this had quite an influence and knocked us out of our stride for a while. I'm convinced we would have won the game had he made the correct call at this point.

Have gave many dubious decisions against both teams. I also felt McKenzie was lucky to stay on the park. He shouldn't have been booked for dissent but he was involved in 2 aerial challenges after this, one in particular where he clearly lead with the arm. Knowing he was on a booking I think he could have easily walked for the 2nd one.

I don't think the ref was a cheat in any way, he's just very poor at his job. 

Edited by davidg

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My point is before yesterdays game we know where we are in the league what went before is a total irrelevance why ?

Because it can not be changed,.

Now if yesterdays game finished 2-2 it could possible go to keeping us up.m The ref made a huge blunder not a mistake its feels like a form of cheating. Anyone at yesterdays game could not look at it another way. 

Surely using your logic then with 2 games to go, we know where we are and what has gone before cannot be changed (the referee yesterday)? O'Brien made a huge blunder to give them the indirect free kick for the second goal and he also picked up a back pass against Dumbarton and wasn't punished on that occasion.

3 hours ago, div said:

He seems to have moments in every game where he rides his luck either coming for crosses he can't possibly get or leaving ones he could, and he also seems to spill one or two shots in most matches just when you think he's done well and has everything under control. He's had a few very good games but also quite a few where he has got away with a few blunders and others where he has been punished.