Today's Ref

23 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He was poor, slightly more damage to us than them but he was poor for both teams.

Terrible display.

I agree. Major error with the first goal and kept Jack Bird off the pitch after injury for far too long. Very poor display.

Think so . 4th play 3rd , winner plays 2nd , the winner of that plays -9th home and away. .

That's only for the championship/premier play off. Heavily weighted towards the top flight club staying up as they only have to play the one tie.

We would have to play 4th in league 1 then the winner of 2nd v 3rd.

33 minutes ago, SBS said:

That's only for the championship/premier play off. Heavily weighted towards the top flight club staying up as they only have to play the one tie.

We would have to play 4th in league 1 then the winner of 2nd v 3rd.

This is the schedule as it stands, of course, league placings are very much subject to change aside from Alloa.

Wednesday May 10th - 1st leg of semi finals vs Brechin/East Fife/Airdrie/Queens Park (Away)

Saturday May 13th - 2nd leg of semi-finals (home)

Wednesday May 17th - 1st Leg of final vs Winner of 2nd/3rd placed League one semi (likely Alloa) (Away)

Sunday May 21st - 2nd leg of final (home) - Live on BBC Alba

14 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Incompetent refereeing. Having said that, not quite as bad as the penalty decision for Falkirk at Dunfermline yesterday.

Ha! ha! that was a belter. The only thing missing was the swimming pool for the boy to land in. That was a dive but It wasn't just a dive it was a flying one and a half somersault with pike. A definite 8.5 score but never a penalty in a gazillion years. 

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, div said:

Must admit I'm losing a wee bif of faith with Billy. He's costing us goals now and he's looking jittery which is not something we need right now.

Every player makes mistakes like he did yesterday (and at Raith) but I don't think he commands his box well enough which is my big criticism.

Look at the first Falkirk goal last week as an example. I want my keeper coming out and taking that high floated free kick. Instead Billy watches it sail into the box thinking it's going out, Falkirk player hooks it back across and they equalise. He got away with a couple in Greenock as well where he's flapped at crosses.

He's young but if I'm being brutally honest I'd say if we had a better keeper we'd already be safe. For me he has become the weakest link.

I don't think Jack would drop him though, and don't think Langfield is the answer anyway. We need to stick with Billy and hope he cuts out these daft mistakes because it's costing us.

I was speaking with the Ayr United goalie coach on Friday night about Billy and he was asking if we'd keep him if we stay up or is he going to get better offers from clubs down south, my view to him was that we are his level footballing wise and if he goes to a club down south it would be 2nd Division at best if he's wanting to play (although he'd probably get a gig at another club higher up as a backup). Too many lapses in concentration and not learning from same mistakes regarding holding ball at crosses.

29 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Lots of negatives in this game but I just watched Josh Todd's goal again and it looks even better on TV than it did from behind the Dundee Utd goal. What a bit of skill. Good Goal Josh.

When Todd came on the other week against Dumbarton I thought he looked pretty lively and, again, on Saturday he looks dangerous.

We have been scoring goals but he's a good option to have if we need a goal threat.

Edited by faraway saint

I was speaking with the Ayr United goalie coach on Friday night about Billy and he was asking if we'd keep him if we stay up or is he going to get better offers from clubs down south, my view to him was that we are his level footballing wise and if he goes to a club down south it would be 2nd Division at best if he's wanting to play (although he'd probably get a gig at another club higher up as a backup). Too many lapses in concentration and not learning from same mistakes regarding holding ball at crosses.

If Utd go down and we stay up we could do a lot worse than Greg Fleming. Had a great season for them.