Today's Ref

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Slightly more damage is an understatement. He could be responsible for us going down. That was no mistake on their first goal. 

Losing 6 games in a row would be a bigger influence on us going down or the "6 pointers" we lost for most of the season or an inability to beat Dumbarton once in 4 league games.

IF we go down it won't be because of this game. We were never favourites to win it. We still have it in our own hands which, given the pre January debacle, is nothing short of a miracle. Beat Raith and Ayr need to win both their games. Beat Hibs as well and worst case is a play off. Refs have been shocking all season and before.

In fact. IF Raith lose to Hibs and we beat Raith we cannot finish bottom as Raith will be 2 points behind, Ayr will be at least 2 points behind and they play each other last game.

Edited by stlucifer
To clutch at more straws.

This referee was as bad as I've seen and I've seen Ian Foote (youngsters Google him - oldies remember Fir Park). That man today should have his payment withdrawn. These clowns get away with murder and their decisions or lack of them have serious repercussions for lots of people. As for  linesman they truly get money' for nothing. They can't make decisions and when they do they're usually overruled. 

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

Disnae matter if the Ref is inept/brilliant/boggin .. .....No Ref.......No game.

I get your point . Hopefully they go on strike again and we can get the foreign ones back .

"He could be responsible for us going down"... and I quote. So, on the subject of talking utter shite.. I bow to your expertise in that area.

In a league were fine margins will be crucial, he's given us even more work to do than we already had.

No disputing our own mistakes through the season, but with two games to go his horrendous mistake certainly now feels like a big factor, in my opinion.

Aye, but it's easier to remember the bad ones. :wink:

Every set of fans are the same.

Speaking to a Celtic fan in work the other day who is absolutely convinced that there's an anti Celtic agenda among referees. Rhymed off numerous decisions that went against his team. When I pointed out the ones that had went for them he couldn't recall them :lol:

The reality is refereeing mistakes happen in every game and sometimes you benefit from them and sometimes you don't. It's always been part of the game and it always will be.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We were on the right end of a couple of big decisions at Falkirk last week, we were on the wrong end of one yesterday.

Them's the breaks.

If you're good enough the referee doesn't matter.

Both freekicks leading to the Falkirk goals were at best dubious. Its easy to be selective when trying to prove a point.

Bottom line is that poor decisions usually hurt you more when you are struggling. Stating the obvious, perhaps, but so it goes.

39 minutes ago, Kemp said:

If we go down by a point then the ref from yesterday will indeed be partially responsible.

... and so will Loy for missing penalties. So will the Dumbarton player who bashed into Morgan's ankle causing him to miss games. So will the slow tea lady at Falkirk who delayed me seeing the start of the second half... if only I'd been there for the full 45... my cheering could have made the difference... while we were pumping Ayr 4-0 at half time, we only won by 4. Goal difference could matter... no, hold on, that last one is a real one. :P

In short - the referee yesterday was most certainly an inept prick, but if we go down, we won't be singling out us losing the first goal yesterday as being the haunting moment that changed an otherwise valiant team effort to stay up. No chance. It will hardly rate a mention. Our overall ineptitude over the first two-thirds of the season will be bemoaned.

Edited by pozbaird

20 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Losing 6 games in a row would be a bigger influence on us going down or the "6 pointers" we lost for most of the season or an inability to beat Dumbarton once in 4 league games.

My point is before yesterdays game we know where we are in the league what went before is a total irrelevance why ?

Because it can not be changed,.

Now if yesterdays game finished 2-2 it could possible go to keeping us up.m The ref made a huge blunder not a mistake its feels like a form of cheating. Anyone at yesterdays game could not look at it another way. 

49 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Speaking to a Celtic fan in work the other day who is absolutely convinced that there's an anti Celtic agenda among referees. Rhymed off numerous decisions that went against his team. When I pointed out the ones that had went for them he couldn't recall them :lol:

The reality is refereeing mistakes happen in every game and sometimes you benefit from them and sometimes you don't. It's always been part of the game and it always will be.

The anti-Celtic agenda at the SFA must be one of the poorest executed conspiracies in human history :lol:

56 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Honest mistakes I can handle . That one yesterday was so blatantly the wrong decision , it was bordering on cheating . 

27 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My point is before yesterdays game we know where we are in the league what went before is a total irrelevance why ?

Because it can not be changed,.

Now if yesterdays game finished 2-2 it could possible go to keeping us up.m The ref made a huge blunder not a mistake its feels like a form of cheating. Anyone at yesterdays game could not look at it another way. 

Incorrect. I was at yesterday's game and I can look at it another way. The way I look at it is the referee made a dreadful decision, it cost us a goal, but it happened early and a lot happened after his dreadful decision. There is some serious paranoia on display here, worthy of the bitterest Old Firm fans.