Playoffs

40 minutes ago, Stu said:

Given the situation we were in, if we get the result we need on Saturday I don't think it's too outlandish to describe it as the great escape.

This though...

Indeed! If they survive it would be more like 'the great collapse followed by a jammy fall over the line'

Not as catchy I'll grant you :)

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

In the movie, didn't the bloke on the motorbike fail miserably to complete a great escape and got his arse kicked by the Nazis?

Yup it was a different two from the Magificent Se7en who made it Chuck Bronson & James Coburn along with British popster Johnny "Remember Me " Leyton.

PS - There's a Deep Purple connection if you look hard enough!

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yup it was two of the other Magificent Se7en who made it Chuck Bronson & James Coburn along with British popster Johnny "Remember Me " Leyton

How did they make their escape? By wearing Rudi Skacel jerseys and pretending to be strikers?

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 5:24 PM, div said:

Play offs are not covered by season tickets and gate prices are set by the SPFL with gates split amongst competing teams.

Alloa season tickets are valid for the play offs.......what's the difference?

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yup it was a different two from the Magificent Se7en who made it Chuck Bronson & James Coburn along with British popster Johnny "Remember Me " Leyton.

PS - There's a Deep Purple connection if you look hard enough!

I think i know this.

Steve McQueen was known as the cooler king. Every time he escaped and was caught again, the Germans guards would open the door of his solitary confinement cell and say...... Right , Indigo !! 

Sorry , i`ll get ma coat.

21 hours ago, Stu said:

Given the situation we were in, if we get the result we need on Saturday I don't think it's too outlandish to describe it as the great escape.

This though...

As someone said on P&B, how can Raith be in the great escape when they were around 19 points clear of us at 1 point :lol:

11 hours ago, HSS said:

Alloa season tickets are valid for the play offs.......what's the difference?

They have around 200, we have around 2000. Cost little to them compared to us. Think the money from the playoffs are shared out to all the teams involved so Alloa would have to pay for their season tickets holders who get in for free.