John McGinn & Darren McGregor

Like many I am very worried Hibs will be in holiday mode now and Raith will outfight them this week when they meet.

Time to send some good wishes the way of our former Buddies....I am sure someone can drop them a line on twitter and remind them what's at stake!

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Like many I am very worried Hibs will be in holiday mode now and Raith will outfight them this week when they meet.

Time to send some good wishes the way of our former Buddies....I am sure someone can drop them a line on twitter and remind them what's at stake!

Why would they be in holiday mode?

They have contracts to play for.

They have to make sure they retain their squad place for next season.

Nobody will be in beach mode.

10 hours ago, HSS said:

I'd be more worried if Hibs had won their semi......they never and now have something to prove to the fans.

Do they?  They won the league by a mile and were unlucky against Scotland's second best team in the Scottish cup semi on Saturday, having won the trophy the previous year.

They've had a great season, not sure their fans think they have anything to prove in 3 meaningless (for them) end of season games.

10 hours ago, HSS said:

I'd be more worried if Hibs had won their semi......they never and now have something to prove to the fans.

7 minutes ago, HSS said:

If they'd got to the final they may have switched off for remaining league games. Now they have to go out and give the fans a good end to the season.

Eh? :blink:

The way i look at it is, the Hibs players have partially done their job on winning the league and now they will be now looking to show Neil Lennon that they are worthy of keeping to have a crack at the premier league. 

I honestly can't see Lennon sending a team out to knock the ball about like a training session for the remaining games. He has already came out this week and said that they are the 2nd best team in Scotland. He would look rather silly off the back of that comment if he was to put out a weakened team, or treat the last games like bounce matches. 

13 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Another thing to bare in mind is that McGregor and McGinn may not feature.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Lennon made 11 changes from Saturday and fielded a complete reserve/youth side. 

Might be a good thing considering how McGregor and McGinn played last sat :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Another thing to bare in mind is that McGregor and McGinn may not feature.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Lennon made 11 changes from Saturday and fielded a complete reserve/youth side. 

Not quite that drastic imo, but if there any injuries being carried they will be rested for the Raith and Ayr games. Likewise anyone he feels hasnt been turning in a performance will get benched for these two to teach them a lesson. Then he will field a full strength side against us to end the season on a high.

i would rather be playing Hibs tomorrow, or saturday than last game if we need a result.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Not quite that drastic imo, but if there any injuries being carried they will be rested for the Raith and Ayr games. Likewise anyone he feels hasnt been turning in a performance will get benched for these two to teach them a lesson. Then he will field a full strength side against us to end the season on a high.

i would rather be playing Hibs tomorrow, or saturday than last game if we need a result.

if I was a Hibs fan I would want the full first team sent away on holiday today for an extended pre-season break.   Nothing to gain by risking injuries/suspensions which could affect the start of next season for them.

All we need to do is get 6 points from our last two games and then we can worry about where we are in the table.

Absolutely worst case we'd be in the Play-Offs but far more likely we'd be 8th or better in that scenario.

Can't control what happens elsewhere so little point in tying ourselves in knots about it.

What will be will be!

14 minutes ago, div said:

All we need to do is get 6 points from our last two games and then we can worry about where we are in the table.

Absolutely worst case we'd be in the Play-Offs but far more likely we'd be 8th or better in that scenario.

Can't control what happens elsewhere so little point in tying ourselves in knots about it.

What will be will be!

Que sera, sera....

11 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

The way i look at it is, the Hibs players have partially done their job on winning the league and now they will be now looking to show Neil Lennon that they are worthy of keeping to have a crack at the premier league. 

I honestly can't see Lennon sending a team out to knock the ball about like a training session for the remaining games. He has already came out this week and said that they are the 2nd best team in Scotland. He would look rather silly off the back of that comment if he was to put out a weakened team, or treat the last games like bounce matches. 

If I was Lennon then quite a few of the under 20's would be getting a game to see who I could promote for next season to the first team squad. By all accounts Hibs have a few talented youngsters. 

I see Hibs fielding strong lineups, but with a sprinkling of youth in certain areas. It's what other teams with meaningless end of season games do, so they'll be no different. A no pressure situation for youth to get a game alongside experience. What they will lack is intensity unfortunately. I see tomorrow night's game being the most intense of their performances, as the team will have got a bollocking from Lennon after their start on Saturday, and want to make amends with a more spirited display. After that, I think they'll find it tough to really go for it in the remaining games, meaning it's up to the opposition to take advantage.

Everyone is making this about Hibs turning up- What about Raith, like us they cant contemplate a drop...... Hibs are also now going to offer better wages and I am sure all concerned will want to ensure they stay in the frame......

Remember Ton going to Hibs last year and winning 3-0, anything is possible....

In Jan who would have said we were on 35 points with two games left,

Everyone, have a drink and enjoy the ride