John McGinn & Darren McGregor

The Hibs first team weren't good enough to beat Raith all season, so the chances of the reserves "busting a gut to impress" and pulling it off are probably slim.

I assume the first team will be back well rested to get stuck in to Ayr and ourselves?

It's not on.  I can recall numerous cases of managers with their season finished pushing their first team players to show respect to their fellow professionals and finish strongly.

It shows the contempt Lennon has for his fellow pros at this level.

Raith have been absolutely pathetic away from home mind you, so all is not lost.

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't see why some people are getting all angry, most teams, including us, would do the same. :lol:

Thems the breaks.

No point in "blaming" Hibs and anyway, games not done........................could still go anyway.

If Raith win the anger levels will rise tonight. :rolleyes:

The anger will disappear after thousands of Saints fans pick up their winnings from the Bookies. 

Not me though. 

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Hibs aren't taking this game seriously, why would they risk injury or suspension to key players?  It's just a chance for their reserves and youths to impress.

In saying that, there's still every chance they will win.  They have some very useful players who can't get a game for them and Raith are a poor side.

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Stick some money on Raith and sit back and relax.

No.

Whit about a Raith and Ayr double to hump Hibs. 

Throw us in for ra Treble. 

Happy days 

So basically most on here are saying that Hibs will lose tonight and possibly at Ayr and maybe against us.....??

Hibs have by far the best squad, better than 50% of SPL and with McGinn, Shinnie and Cummings 3 stars.................

Add into fact this is Raiths biggest game of season, as it takes pressure off them for Sat , I think this will be a cracker. Hibs just want to prove they are different class and lets be honest, they are not.... they have no pressure Raith have heaps

Have no clue how this will turn out so will say 1-1, we then beat Raith we go into last game 1 point ahead.....

So basically most on here are saying that Hibs will lose tonight and possibly at Ayr and maybe against us.....??

Hibs have by far the best squad, better than 50% of SPL and with McGinn, Shinnie and Cummings 3 stars.................
Add into fact this is Raiths biggest game of season, as it takes pressure off them for Sat , I think this will be a cracker. Hibs just want to prove they are different class and lets be honest, they are not.... they have no pressure Raith have heaps

Have no clue how this will turn out so will say 1-1, we then beat Raith we go into last game 1 point ahead.....

And yet despite having "by far the best squad " as you say , they have had to use the emergency loan system twice this season ?? Doesn't add up .

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

And yet despite having "by far the best squad " as you say , they have had to use the emergency loan system twice this season ?? Doesn't add up .

True, it doesn't, but then again shows the Lennon is only successful when everything is in his favour...

Remember the wee shit turned down 1.2m for Cummings, 

Just hoping tonight Raith play an experimental team keen to impress 

In all honesty, are we better pinning our hopes on a team of seasoned pros who have chucked it for the season, or a bunch of young lads who feel that impressive showings could force Lennon into considering them for future selection?

I remember going down to Killie last game of the season a few years ago and guys like Sean Kelly, Mo Yaqub and Jason Naismith were given their chance and in all honesty, looked excellent. Two of the three kept their place in the team going into next season. 

Youth is by no means a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

It will probably surprise most by how many are classed as youths that start tonight. Hibs have quite a few senior fringe players, who would most likely walk into most clubs at our level. 

I'm more worried by the fact it'll take them a couple of games to gel, then,....... yep, there's us third game.