Young St. Mirren fan on Scotland's Superhospital

absolutely NO apologies for this shameless plug.

Caden Beggan also died at a young age of a rare form of leukaemia

He was equally inspirational.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-20415373

One of my favourite singers, Yvonne Lyon released a stunning album called Held.

It was co-written with 10 people who had experienced loss and bereavement.

Not only is it a stunning piece of musical art and actually quite uplifting... every singly penny goes to the Caden Beggan Memorial fund supporting a very worthwhile charity.

Yvonne and her (Morton supporting) husband DL gave up full time jobs to become full time musicians. Life is not easy.

Despite that. they took not one penny from this album!

Please support it.

Buy Held. Support a charity already set up to support the likes of our young Buddie!

http://yvonnelyonmusic.com/

You hear of adults battling cancer over a number of years and eventually losing out and that is of course very sad. However, the thought of this wee man battling in vain for nigh on half his life is truly heartbreaking. 

As a father of 3 I can't even begin to imagine the pain of this, but all I can say is that the wee man is truly inspirational. I'm sure his parents are so proud of him. 

From the Record.........

Pallbearers wore black and white stripes as pipers played 'When The Saints Go Marching In' at teenage Buddie Connor's funeral

Connor McDowall’s coffin was piped in to When The Saints Go Marching In as he was yesterday laid to rest.

Pallbearers wore the St Mirren-mad teen’s beloved black and white stripes as they carried him in to the sounds of his club’s anthem.

Mum Angela and dad James led hundreds of mourners who packed out the funeral, with scores more listening outside.

PAISLEY DAILY EXPRESS: Live news as it happens

They wore football tops and scarves as a final tribute to the football fan who lost a long battle with leukaemia aged just 19.

James told how his son breathed St Mirren FC right from the start after he turned up to the maternity ward wearing his kit.

He said: “As Angela passed him to me, I held him in my arms and said, ‘kiss the badge’.

“Those were the first words he ever heard me say.

“The happy memories will help get us through the tough times to come.”

Connor’s coffin was adorned with flowers shaped into a 
football.

Family and pals travelled to the team’s Paisley 2021 Stadium after the service to share their memories of the teen.

Among them was St Mirren chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick, who earlier joined mourners at Paisley’s Woodside Crematorium.

Renfrew lad Connor was diagnosed with cancer when he was just 12.

He endured gruelling chemotherapy sessions, sometimes twice-a-day before being given the all-clear almost four years later.

But his illness returned after just a year.

Celebrant Tommy McShane hailed the bravery shown by Connor and his family, even in their darkest days.

He said: “Their pain and suffering was almost too much to bear but they stood up to everything – as did their son.”

During his fight, Connor raised thousands of pounds for charity, starred in a BBC telly documentary telling the story of his stem cell transplant, and inspired hundreds of others to take on their own challenges.

The former St James’ Primary and Trinity High pupil was a regular fixture at Buddies’ games and even coaxed celebrities into doing their bit for charity.

He met football players and the cast of Still Game and urged them to help children suffering from severe illnesses.

Tony, who lost his own son, Tony Jr, to leukaemia in 1983 when he was just six, paid tribute on behalf of the club.

He added: “Connor was such a brave, lovely lad who did so much.

“I lost my own son to leukaemia, so I have been particularly touched by his battle.”

Edited by Buddie Marvelous