Young St. Mirren fan on Scotland's Superhospital

Does anyone know anything about the progress of the young lad Connor who was on Scotland's superhospital on BBC 1 tonight? I assume filming was a while back and was just wondering if any fellow Saints fans know the lad and how he's faring.  

He's an 18 year old battling leukaemia and had a visit from the cast of Still Game whilst lying in his hospital bed with his Buddies shirt on. 

His story already had me choked up as he was clearly struggling having gone through this horrible disease and beating it at 12 years old before it returned. Hopefully some folk on here know the lad and hopefully his progress has been good.  

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sad don't know what else to write. 

Terribly but it ended on a somewhat brighter note with his prognosis looking good and with him in line for stem cell chemotherapy which gave him a relatively good chance of being cancer-free.

Must be about a year or so since filming though. Hopefully he's in good shape.

10 hours ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

Just seen it, the lad is a fighter! Hopefully his stem cell transplant went well and he is able to get along to the game this Saturday!

Had his stem cell procedure last Friday.

Will be in isolation unit for some time.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15239602.Brave_teenager_Connor_reveals_battle_with_Leukaemia___Transplant_is_my_best_hope_/

Was in that hospital for 11 days recently myself, pretty impressive facility, great hard working staff, food TERRIBLE !  I still feel ill because of it now. Good luck to the wee fella though, not the only St Mirren jersey associated with a great escape by the sounds of it !

• 2 months later...

f**king tragic. 

First time I've read about this. Always feel incredibly sad to hear of this with children, will give my wee boy an extra big hug and be thankful for his health. 

Unimaginable the pain these families go through. 

R.I.P. Buddie

Edited by davidg

How do these kids manage to keep smiling when they suffer so much?

Simply amazing how this lad like wee Bradley & sadly many others we don't hear about, still manage a wee smile [emoji4]

Losing a game simply doesn't compare to losing a life , particularly of one so young [emoji26]

RIP wee guy x

Absolutely tragic news. I used to work next to Connor's dad and went to a number of games with his dad before Connor was born. I have met Paul and Connor a number of times over the years at St Mirren Park prior to Connor becoming unwell. He was always a lovely wee guy with a great smile.

I feel so sorry the family. It really has been a tough time for them over the years and can't believe he has passed away.

RIP Connor