Glasgow Airport - New Pick Up and Drop Off Charges

shull

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Dropped and picked up hires yesterday. 

No problems. 

Punters happily paid the surcharge. 

Says it was cleared within 30 minutes.

Daily Record making a mountain out of a molehill?

I'm heading down tomorrow to Paisley, use that slip road, I'll post how it is at that time, about 11:30'ish.

I just dropped 2 businesswomen from London at the Airport.They were shocked at having to pay a drop off fee.I think they thought I was at it.I pointed them in the direction of the NCP office if they wanted to verify the charge.

Guest TPAFKATS
Went through Newquay Airport in Cornwall a few years ago, they charged you £5 just to get through security. Local pressure saw the charge dropped eventually.

Did ye, aye
[emoji14]

Newquay used to a charge £5 tax on departing passengers. They were upfront about it stating that it would be used to improve the airport which was on the site of a former RAF base.
Most accepted this, a bit different from the congestion shite being used by Glasgow though.

20 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Says it was cleared within 30 minutes.

Daily Record making a mountain out of a molehill?

I'm heading down tomorrow to Paisley, use that slip road, I'll post how it is at that time, about 11:30'ish.

Are you nearly fecking there yet ? 

:byebye

• 3 years later...

It really is very hard to understand why anyone would give the sum total of two f**ks about this sort of thing.
Use another airport.
Take the train/tube/tram/taxi/go camping instead.
It really is unbelievable. Spending £300-£2000 on a holday and complaining about £2. It really could only be a Scot complaining about that. [emoji38]

It's now a minimum of £8 to get dropped off and picked up. Can folk moan now. [emoji14]

So much for it being to reduce the congestion and not a money making exercise. [emoji848]

PS. I get free parking this now so doesnt affect me. [emoji6]

19 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

It's now a minimum of £8 to get dropped off and picked up. Can folk moan now. emoji14.png

So much for it being to reduce the congestion and not a money making exercise. emoji848.png

PS. I get free parking this now so doesnt affect me. emoji6.png

He doesn't understand, add this to a long list of things, that £2 for 2 minutes was a fairly expensive drop off.

At £8 now this will just confirm that it is, indeed, a money making exercise. 

PS It'll encourage people to get dropped off just outside the drop off and walk the rest, which I'd certainly be doing.

I could live with £2, £8 is not on at all. 

Edited by faraway saint

Naw it’s no....
https://www.glasgowairport.com/to-and-from/pick-up-and-drop-off/
Pick Up & Drop Off will be charged at £4 to stay for up to 10 minutes from 00:01 on Friday 4th December 2020. Drivers wishing to use parking facilities for more than 10 minutes are advised to use the Short Stay car park.
Passengers with electric vehicles will be able to access the pick-up and drop-off facility directly opposite the terminal free of charge for the first 10 minutes.
Aye it is, if you get dropped off and picked up it's £8 minimum, read what I wrote not what you think I've written. [emoji14]

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

He doesn't understand, add this to a long list of things, that £2 for 2 minutes was a fairly expensive drop off.

At £8 now this will just confirm that it is, indeed, a money making exercise. 

PS It'll encourage people to get dropped off just outside the drop off and walk the rest, which I'd certainly be doing.

I could live with £2, £8 is not on at all. 

5 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Not that I'm planning on flying anytime soon but should I choose to I'll be getting dropped at the petrol station and walking the rest of the way to the terminal building.

Ditto. :thumbs2

First World Whingers!

£8 - it should be much, much more.

Air travel should be rationed and frequent fliers should be taxed progressively according to how many trips they take.

I have let my passport lapse and do not intend to travel abroad again, I hope to leave the semblance of a living planet to the future.

Is there any doubt that the current pandemic was spread by the privileged and inflicted upon the underprivileged.

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

First World Whingers!

Air travel should be rationed and frequent fliers should be taxed progressively according to how many trips they take.

I have let my passport lapse and do not intend to travel abroad again, I hope to leave the semblance of a living planet to the future.

Is there any doubt that the current pandemic was spread by the privileged and inflicted upon the underprivileged.

:lol:

First World Whingers!
That's it, I'm given up eating burnt bread. You'll be oot a job soon. [emoji14]