Saints Poll

DougJamie

48 in Sept. First game when I was 4. Went with my papa who was a die hard as my dad was playing football at the time. When he couldn't go in his later years, I use to visit to tell him all about it. Dad, brother, nephew and niece are all season ticket holders. Daughter was but wants to go out with pals now(14)
Wee nephew was brought up a gun but after his dad left uncle Alan turned him into a buddie

I'm 45. My dad took me a few times in the mid 80s (must have been about 13 or 14) - just when we were on the down swing from the late 70s/early 80s glory era.

I started going to the games with a mate regularly during the 1986/87 season - so should just be able to escape accusations of being a bit of a glory hunter :)

Was a regular home attender (including a few season ticket years) with at least one visit to all away grounds over the next decade or so.

Was a semi-regular from about 2002/3 (some seasons I only made a few games) before falling away completely for various reasons.

My son (now 9) was really keen to go and see the Saints (although as Glasgow born - could have taken the easy glory hunting route.)

I took him to a couple of games in the relegation season and we have been season ticket holders for both seasons in the Championship so far. We only miss games for unavoidable reasons and have taken in a few nearby away games. We also have Queens Park as our 'wee team' when we can't see Saints. Don't know if it was a father/son bonding thing but we still managed to enjoy all our games even during some of the horrendous spells over the last two seasons. Needless to see we are enjoying the current level of performance and entertainment that the team are putting in just now - and we will be renewing for another campaign whatever happens.

Edited by southsidebud

34 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

48 in Sept. First game when I was 4. Went with my papa who was a die hard as my dad was playing football at the time. When he couldn't go in his later years, I use to visit to tell him all about it. Dad, brother, nephew and niece are all season ticket holders. Daughter was but wants to go out with pals now(14)
Wee nephew was brought up a gun but after his dad left uncle Alan turned him into a buddie

Whoever brought up your nephew like that should be shot....

21 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Would be interesting to know some of the ages of our regular posters and when, why they started following the MIGHTY Saints, with all the GE stuff Polls are good, however inaccurate

Ok I will start it off.

54 in June, supported Saints since I was 12, my Grandpa was Paisley man, Coats worker and Saints daft , He was at 1926 Cup Final, said Paisley was empty that day

Where is the Poll?

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Plenty of "young blood" at the games I've seen in the last few weeks, just not too many come on here and moan like f**k. :wink:

I'm sure they'll get here in the years to come.

I must be the youngest on here presently.

Seems like a good place to introduce myself. 41 years old and my Dad took me to my first game around about 1980 and I stood on the Terrace for years until I was old enough to go myself and I moved to the North Bank.  Followed the club through good and bad times until I moved away about 18 years ago. Fell out of love a bit when we got promoted and I came home for a few days and tried to get a ticket for a game against Rangers and couldn't get one because I didn't have three previous ticket stubs even though I had been on the pitch clearing snow the previous season so that I could get a match in while I was at home. It left a sour taste and I slowly stopped going. Fast forward to this season when work brought me close to Paisley and I managed to catch the midweek game against Hibs. It was the first time I had been in the new stafium and the only time I had ever been in the main stand. Being back watching the Buddies immediately felt like I was at home. I have managed a couple of games since then and the #thislovewilllastforever just about sums it up for me.