Sporting integrity my arse

2 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Raging about 10changes in Hibs in a game which could decide players future livelihoods 

imagine this of it was a big club ,angry doesn't even cover it

Wouldn't we do the same? It's unfortunate it could have a bearing on us but, as a few others have said, the seasons a long road and there's no-one else to blame if we end up in the play offs.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Wouldn't we do the same? It's unfortunate it could have a bearing on us but, as a few others have said, the seasons a long road and there's no-one else to blame if we end up in the play offs.

Personally I don't really fear us having to be in the play offs , at the start of January we would have taken it and the quality in Division 1 isn't the best.

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We wouldn't make 10 changes. I appreciate Hibs generally have bigger squads and more depth to their squad than St Mirren, but ten changes is disrespecting the teams that Hibs are playing in their final three games. I've already said this - win, lose or draw, the authorities should be looking at the way Hibs are apparently going about this. This is more than resting some players or freshening up a team, more than giving some guys who have been on the bench a chance. Even if Hibs win tonight - hope the cnuts get relegated next season.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

We wouldn't make 10 changes. I appreciate Hibs generally have bigger squads and more depth to their squad than St Mirren, but ten changes is disrespecting the teams that Hibs are playing in their final three games. I've already said this - win, lose or draw, the authorities should be looking at the way Hibs are apparently going about this. This is more than resting some players or freshening up a team, more than giving some guys who have been on the bench a chance. Even if Hibs win tonight - hope the cnuts get relegated next season.

We don't know that, although we probably don't have the squad.

Would "we" be up in arms if we did?

It's more "whataboutery" and irrelevant.

PS What was our team after the league cup win, out of interest?

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

We don't know that, although we probably don't have the squad.

Would "we" be up in arms if we did?

It's more "whataboutery" and irrelevant.

I have no fcuking idea what you're on about. You asked 'wouldn't we do the same'. Have you ever seen St Mirren make ten changes from one game to the next? Have you seen any major Scottish club make ten changes in four days?

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I have no fcuking idea what you're on about. You asked 'wouldn't we do the same'. Have you ever seen St Mirren make ten changes from one game to the next? Have you seen any major Scottish club make ten changes in four days?

Oh dear, calm down.

You said "We wouldn't make 10 changes", you don't KNOW that.

I also asked "Would we be up in arms" if we did make 10 changes, all reasonable views?

Another unnecessary angry outburst. :blink:

I am worried about tonight but don't Hibs deserve the choice to play whoever they want if they feel they need to rest players. They have won the league, out the cup at weekend after hard fought 90 minutes. I have always taken the stance you can play any team you want to play. What is the point of having squad players if you don't use them. If we were playing Hibs tonight, we would be delighted. We have got the short straw on this one but hey ho. Hibs might still trounce them.

1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I recall a Renfrewshire Cup final against Morton in the mid-90s at Love St. 

0-0 at HT we made TEN substitutions at the break, bringing on mainly youth players

We won 1-0

The 1990s and St Mirren are largely something I have successfully erased from my memory. Please do not bring the subject up again. :P

6 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I recall a Renfrewshire Cup final against Morton in the mid-90s at Love St. 

0-0 at HT we made TEN substitutions at the break, bringing on mainly youth players

We won 1-0

Was that the "last ever" Renfrewshire Cup final? I was there but my mammaries are vague!

I also seem to recall that we changed the whole team for the final game of the 92/93 season and lost 1-2 to Cowdenbeath at Love St. but by then all the promotion/relegation issues had been sorted.

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Was that the "last ever" Renfrewshire Cup final? I was there but my mammaries are vague!

I also seem to recall that we changed the whole team for the final game of the 92/93 season and lost 1-2 to Cowdenbeath at Love St. but by then all the promotion/relegation issues had been sorted.

no, the "last ever" was against Viewfield Rovers in 98/99

I seem to be mis-remembering the year because Saints didn't play in the RC for most of the 90s after losing to Belaire in the semi-final.

If you look at that side it's still got plenty of quality in it.

The players playing for Hibs tonight are professional players good enough to win a contract with a top club. I would actually rather see a hungry team playing than a team, with nothing to play for and possibly drained after recent exertions. I think we may have won a watch here.