Sporting integrity my arse

His First Team players would have lost last night after their League winning exertions plus their Semi Final defeat exertion..

Last night was a masterstroke by Lennon.

Well done .

6 minutes ago, shull said:

His First Team players would have lost last night after their League winning exertions plus their Semi Final defeat exertion..

Well done .

Thought you said he was a rotten manager ? 

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Shull, stop trying to follow in the footsteps of the now failed captain. emoji106.png

Sorry, they are my own thoughts.

Hibs would have lost last night with no changes.

Lennon picking fresh and hungry players made all the difference.

A mastersroke indeed by Lenny.

And your thoughts ????

8 hours ago, DougJamie said:

We have made 9 changes since window- Thank Feck.................. 

Since the transfer window closed Gary Irvine is still getting a game, Jack Baird is still getting a game, Gary MacKenzie is still getting a game, Stevie Mallan is still getting a game, as is Kyle Magennis and Lewis Morgan and John Sutton still features pretty regularly - 7 players from Alex Rae's useless squad who still make up the majority of our starting XI nearly every week.

Pal hasn't started a game since February, Storrie likewise (despite a certain poster saying he would be The One who would save our season), Josh Todd has been used sparingly and Stelious hasn't really had a consistent run in the starting XI either, which really just leaves Billy O' Brien, Adam Eckersley, Harry Davis, Stephen McGinn, Cammy Smith and sometimes Rory Loy as the January signings who have held down a regular starting place.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

12 hours ago, shull said:

Well done .

His genius will be confirmed if he subtly engineers a draw against Ayr on Saturday while we are beating Raith - thus ensuring a last day shoot out down on the coast.

He will then - of course - deliver his coup de grace by bringing back all the disinterested/holiday mode first team stars for the final game against us thereby allowing wee John to help his big brother by outrageously chucking it as we spoil the party.

:D

Edited by southsidebud

17 hours ago, TopCat said:

I'm definitely not in favour of a nanny state league dictating what players a football club can and can't play.  Where does that end?

Probably just better letting the managers pick whatever team he sees fit.

This is...

...spot on...

:shockaroony

What is the strongest lineup for a team? Who decides what team is strong enough to win the game? Who else other than the team's manager can decide?

Hibs picked what looked like a weakened 11 and that team beat Raith, proving their manager completely correct. The team had a host of experienced players that we would no doubt take if offered, so while it may have been weaker than their first 11, it was still a team of players with professional contracts with Hibs.

Storm in a teacup. Will Hibs pick another weakened lineup at Ayr? Hopefully, based on the evidence of Wednesday night...

15 minutes ago, Soctty said:

What is the strongest lineup for a team? Who decides what team is strong enough to win the game? Who else other than the team's manager can decide?

Hibs picked what looked like a weakened 11 and that team beat Raith, proving their manager completely correct. The team had a host of experienced players that we would no doubt take if offered, so while it may have been weaker than their first 11, it was still a team of players with professional contracts with Hibs.

Storm in a teacup. Will Hibs pick another weakened lineup at Ayr? Hopefully, based on the evidence of Wednesday night...

I happen to agree but if they had lost, the word "storm" would not have covered what would have happened here. :wink:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I happen to agree but if they had lost, the word "storm" would not have covered what would have happened here. :wink:

It would have been frustrating. What if Hibs had fielded their semi final lineup and they had lost? I'm pretty sure there would still have been the same frustration, cries of "Hibs on the beach", "never tried a leg", "going through the motions" would have been heard.

We are where we are because of the results over the course of the season. The referee made a howler last week which put us under more pressure, but even then, we can only react to the situation we are in. It is still in our hands.

5 hours ago, Soctty said:

What is the strongest lineup for a team? ...

I think it would be pretty safe to assume that Lennon's idea of his strongest side would be the one you choose to start a Scottish cup Semi Final and the players with
20-30 starts.  I'd be asking questions as a Hibs fan if he didn't.
Unless of course you think he's been having a particularly long look at some of these lads over the last 6 months seeing if the were up to the SPL before unleashing
his best side against Raith Rovers?
Come on you know very well what happened here and since he was keen to "use the squad" needing to "look at some players for next season" and wanting "to give the younger lads an opportunity" surely he'll be wanting to see more of them in the remaining meaningless games rather than judge them on one night against one team?

I think it would be pretty safe to assume that Lennon's idea of his strongest side would be the one you choose to start a Scottish cup Semi Final and the players with
20-30 starts.  I'd be asking questions as a Hibs fan if he didn't.
Unless of course you think he's been having a particularly long look at some of these lads over the last 6 months seeing if the were up to the SPL before unleashing
his best side against Raith Rovers?
Come on you know very well what happened here and since he was keen to "use the squad" needing to "look at some players for next season" and wanting "to give the younger lads an opportunity" surely he'll be wanting to see more of them in the remaining meaningless games rather than judge them on one night against one team?

The best team for any particular match can depend on fitness and fatigue at this stage as much as ability. It can be mental attitude too - team just lost a semi so possibly not in a great frame of mind.

Every team will blood youngsters when their season is effectively over too, as we've done many times.

Hibs had a keeper who played 14 league games this season, Ambrose - a Celtic player - in defence, and a host of other players we would be interested in signing of given the chance, starting the other night.

They fielded a team they thought could won, and were proved right, without the pressure of it being a must win.