PFA Awards McGinn and Reilly

I'm really pleased for both of them.  Wee John is clearly a top player and has a big career ahead of him. But Thomas has had a hard time of it. He looked excellent when he broke through but never seemed to get his mojo back after injury and while he got a hard time was probably better for us than Carswell, or Hutton and probably a good few others. When we let him go I thought he was a cheap option that might do a job in the championship and I'm pretty sure I was right (I usually am).  So I'm delight he's gone out got down to it and got his career back on track.  In the unlikely event of us going down, and suffering a mass exodus of players, I'd be happy for him to come and do a job for us in midfield and I'm pretty sure he'll get a step up  to bigger club soon. 

Edited by insaintee

3 hours ago, insaintee said:

I'm really pleased for both of them.  Wee John is clearly a top player and has a big career ahead of him. But Thomas has had a hard time of it. He looked excellent when he broke through but never seemed to get his mojo back after injury and while he got a hard time was probably better for us than Carswell, or Hutton and probably a good few others. When we let him go I thought he was a cheap option that might do a job in the championship and I'm pretty sure I was right (I usually am).  So I'm delight he's gone out got down to it and got his career back on track.  In the unlikely event of us going down, and suffering a mass exodus of players, I'd be happy for him to come and do a job for us in midfield and I'm pretty sure he'll get a step up  to bigger club soon. 

McGinn doing not too shabbily with a Scotland cap, League and Scottish Cup medals and a Championship winner already.  Bound to be bigger clubs looking at him though he was obviously first targeted by Thommo.