That Goal!

This deserves its own thread.

I reckon Mallan's 3rd (yes, it WAS a hattrick) is the best goal I have seen scored at the 2021 Stadium. Arguably, it is the best goal I have ever seen scored by a St Mirren player.

I'll need to see it again, but I had to give myself a wee pinch to check that it actually happened. I was sitting just to the left of the goal in the South Stand, so had a fantastic view of it. It was one of these goals that you simply have to shake your head at, as it just didn't seem plausible.

I could see the white of his eyes, and Stevie knew exactly what he was looking to do with that strike.

Arise, Sir Stevie Mallan - what a memorable hit that was!

This deserves its own thread.
I reckon Mallan's 3rd (yes, it WAS a hattrick) is the best goal I have seen scored at the 2021 Stadium. Arguably, it is the best goal I have ever seen scored by a St Mirren player.
I'll need to see it again, but I had to give myself a wee pinch to check that it actually happened. I was sitting just to the left of the goal in the South Stand, so had a fantastic view of it. It was one of these goals that you simply have to shake your head at, as it just didn't seem plausible.
I could see the white of his eyes, and Stevie knew exactly what he was looking to do with that strike.
Arise, Sir Stevie Mallan - what a memorable hit that was!

I couldn't make it to the game so I will have to wait for the highlights to see it[emoji22] sounds like it will be worth the wait

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

My take on it too, utterly magnificent and agree need to see it again but possibly better than my previous best of Hewitt v Falkirk at LS. It was truly brilliant a real jaw dropper.

Aye, jaw dropper is a great description. We just looked at one another in disbelief (after the mental celebration, of course).

It was utterly fantastic, a number of fans round me and my son put our hands to our faces in awe...did that just happen! Pretty sure Rory Loy did something similar!

Very talented boy and hope he goes onto further his career, really he stepped up today and I thought MOM by a stretch!

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Aye, jaw dropper is a great description. We just looked at one another in disbelief (after the mental celebration, of course).

It's all you could do, one if the greatest goals we will all ever see given it's straight into my top three and I'm close on 50. It's moments like this that make us all believe, it was truly magnificent and I can't wait to see it again as we can't all be wrong.

Someone scored a screamer against Hibs at the 2021 FeegieField of Dreams. Can't remember who it was at this precise moment. Mallan's goal today is the best I've seen. It was that good that it will be talked about for years to come - like McGinn's v Oldco at LS, or Jimmy Bone running the length of the field v Aberdeen at LS, or NEWTONNNN! at Hampden. It was that good. It's in that sort of company. Take a bow son.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Someone scored a screamer against Hibs at the 2021 FeegieField of Dreams. Can't remember who it was at this precise moment. Mallan's goal today is the best I've seen. It was that good that it will be talked about for years to come - like McGinn's v Oldco at LS, or Jimmy Bone running the length of the field v Aberdeen at LS, or NEWTONNNN! at Hampden. It was that good. It's in that sort of company. Take a bow son.

Andy Dorman.

Alex Beckett at Sellik... Stickroth whipping in a cross from the corner flag for Guni to power a header past Paddy Bonnar at Sellik... Fergie at Hampden '87... Fitzy volleying home at LS v Arabs in the cup... Scanlon at Clydebank... McGinn a fortnight ago at Falkirk... 

random great goals that Mallan has joined the company of.

Just now, TsuMirren said:

I recall Stickroth scoring a volley from the corner of the box at Love St, just can't remember the game.

Allan Russell scored a cracker at LS too. Nuts how you still remember all these fleeting moments, even years later... makes the shitfest days worthwhile.

If Stevie Mallan was scoring these goals for Celtic they would be wanting £40 million from a premiership club for him.

There isn't another young player in Scotland possibly even England too who has scored so many spectacular goals by his age and all for a side that has been fighting relegation every season he has been in the side. His delivery from free kicks and corners is exceptional. He had a hand in all five goals today!

We thought Carey was brilliant at long range shots and he only scored one or two from distance.

The boy is an exceptional talent and if he makes the right move to the right club then he will have a very good career.

I hope he hangs around for at least one more year and wins the championship with us next year.[emoji41]