The New Tannoy Dude

shull

On 4/30/2017 at 11:32 AM, pozbaird said:

Good job from 'the new guy'. Had a bit of an enthusiastic delivery in his voice... apart from... 'Number 4, Andy Webster'. Let's be honest, he made it clear what he thought about that. Harsh but fair probably.

I actually watched the highlights yesterday and forgot we didn't concede. My brain automatically inserted the concession of a goal when Webster came on, and I expected a consolation. He's not been the player I expected - let's leave it at that.

3 hours ago, cambo1877 said:

I've not posted on here for a while but just want to thank the people that have sent messages texts tweets etc for there support and even the guys that have posted on here. I have to say it was an honour to be asked by SMFC to take over the job. Both myself and Colin feel that way. The buzz you actually get at walking in the main entrance with a club tie on on a matchday is something you can't explain.
Saturday was our first game without phil who I have to thank. Obviously for the past 20 years but also for showing us how things run on a matchday for the previous 2 home games.
Looking forward we obviously want to enhance the matchday experience for supporters. And by next season hope to have a few new things in place.
On the volume issues that's something we will obviously look to address going forward. Although at half time on saturday there were cheerleaders doing a routine on the pitch. So for the girls to hear it had to be at that level.
Colin and myself are just 2 life long buddies kinda living out a childhood dream. But we both very much appreciate the feed back. Which I have to say was on the whole extremely positive as I mentioned before. Also speaking to people we've have had nothing but positive things said. We understand that we will never be able to please everyone. But hopefully we will for the majority of fans enhance the day.

Could it be a idea for requests and put some sort of St Mirren supporters playlist?

Or even certain songs when we score or a certain player scores?

You could possibly set up some sort of communication between the support and yourself?

Edited by faraway saint

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Could it be a idea for requests and put some sort of St Mirren supporters playlist?

You could possibly set up some sort of communication between the support and yourself?

Put me down for Metallica's 'Enter Sandman' very loudly, when the team runs out the tunnel.

47 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No goal scoring music at all, thanks. Ruins perfectly natural goal celebrations.

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

I actually watched the highlights yesterday and forgot we didn't concede. My brain automatically inserted the concession of a goal when Webster came on, and I expected a consolation. He's not been the player I expected - let's leave it at that.

Now, now.

catty_remark_by_abecedarianjameson-d5x7va1.jpg

5 hours ago, cambo1877 said:

I've not posted on here for a while but just want to thank the people that have sent messages texts tweets etc for there support and even the guys that have posted on here. I have to say it was an honour to be asked by SMFC to take over the job. Both myself and Colin feel that way. The buzz you actually get at walking in the main entrance with a club tie on on a matchday is something you can't explain.
Saturday was our first game without phil who I have to thank. Obviously for the past 20 years but also for showing us how things run on a matchday for the previous 2 home games.
Looking forward we obviously want to enhance the matchday experience for supporters. And by next season hope to have a few new things in place.
On the volume issues that's something we will obviously look to address going forward. Although at half time on saturday there were cheerleaders doing a routine on the pitch. So for the girls to hear it had to be at that level.
Colin and myself are just 2 life long buddies kinda living out a childhood dream. But we both very much appreciate the feed back. Which I have to say was on the whole extremely positive as I mentioned before. Also speaking to people we've have had nothing but positive things said. We understand that we will never be able to please everyone. But hopefully we will for the majority of fans enhance the day.

No Gina G ye wee fud

On 30/04/2017 at 4:02 PM, Dirty Sanchez said:

Here's something constructive.

During half-time, is it necessary to have the volume at  level where you need to shout to have a conversation with someone standing two feet away from you?

I noticed at  the Falkirk Stadium that they were still playing music, but it was background noise only, and was much better for it.

If there's no dance floor, there's no need for that volume. It's just a pain in the arse.

Aha!  You must sit in The Main Stand then.

On 30/04/2017 at 4:59 PM, Kemp said:

Music being blasted at top volume is one of the blights of the modern game (or should I say "the matchday experience").

2013 Cup Win being a prime example.  Full time, Saints fans making plenty of noise, but then get drowned out by the worst electronic pop shite known to man.

A few classics to get the crowd warmed up and a good tune to run out to is great.  Otherwise lets leave it to the fans to make the noise, which we finally seem to be doing at home!

You're right about the Cup win.

On 30/04/2017 at 6:50 PM, smcc said:

I guess I must have hypersensitive hearing as I always find the "music" too loud in the main stand. I also think that the volume control on the chat and announcements could be turned down several decibels.

Sometimes this season, the only PA sound to be heard in W3 was from the Main Stand.  I kid you not!

13 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I thought you did a great job... has Andy Webster chinned you yet? :lol:

He would never catch him... and that's a sad indictment!

11 hours ago, Sonny said:

Hope you'll take requests. Not enough Northern Soul played :)

Yeah, and Faithless' God is a DJ for the entry music.  ignore the request for thrash metal.

• 2 months later...

Hello boys and girls..
This season as I've already said on both Facebook and Twitter we will be looking for more interaction with the fans on a match day. With regards to the stadium music. We have a few ideas with things in the pipeline.
But firstly myself and Colin want to give the fans the chance to have their playlist played during half-time. We are looking for fans to send us 3 songs and a short bio about them along with a picture which will be included in the match programme.
A different player or member of management will be choosing 3 songs to be played during the warm up to each game too.
After every game we will have the days entire playlist available for download on Spotify and hopefully iTunes too. We want as many fans as possible to join in and have their songs played. It's just 1 of a few things that we hope to bring to a match day. So come on buddies get your playlists and bio's sent to [email protected]
Each playlist will be randomly selected. Because of printing deadlines for inclusion in the programme all playlists have to be submitted 7 days before each game.

Oh dear , this will be fun :P

Queen- Another one bites the dust ; for our injury list that is growling

Bjork - It's oh so quiet ; for when the drum gets banned

Lenny Kravitz : It ain't over till it's over ; when fans start leaving early

Would email them in , but they're probably all on his playlist :D