The New Tannoy Dude

shull

What a fecking brilliant debut.

Campbell, I think his name is.

For the first time in decades the Teams were read out loud and crystal clear.

Must be all to do with the voice.

Superb Sir :clapping

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

What was the last guys name again?

Who knows , but unlike Campbell , it was all about him ! Was a pleasure reacting to the substitutions yesterday , hearing everything loud and clear !

Here's something constructive.

During half-time, is it necessary to have the volume at  level where you need to shout to have a conversation with someone standing two feet away from you?

I noticed at  the Falkirk Stadium that they were still playing music, but it was background noise only, and was much better for it.

If there's no dance floor, there's no need for that volume. It's just a pain in the arse.

54 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Here's something constructive.

During half-time, is it necessary to have the volume at  level where you need to shout to have a conversation with someone standing two feet away from you?

I noticed at  the Falkirk Stadium that they were still playing music, but it was background noise only, and was much better for it.

If there's no dance floor, there's no need for that volume. It's just a pain in the arse.

Music being blasted at top volume is one of the blights of the modern game (or should I say "the matchday experience").

2013 Cup Win being a prime example.  Full time, Saints fans making plenty of noise, but then get drowned out by the worst electronic pop shite known to man.

A few classics to get the crowd warmed up and a good tune to run out to is great.  Otherwise lets leave it to the fans to make the noise, which we finally seem to be doing at home!

I can't say the music either at Hampden or our place is something that annoys me. I hardly notice it and have no issue talking to folk around me at H/T. 

A more pressing issue for me would be to ensure the continuation into next season of always housing away fans in the dedicated away fans stand behind the goal. Housing the drummer / singers in the West, and having more than one bloomin' lavvy and catering outlet available in recent games has been an absolute success. IMHO it must continue.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

IA more pressing issue for me would be to ensure the continuation into next season of always housing away fans in the dedicated away fans stand behind the goal. Housing the drummer / singers in the West, and having more than one bloomin' lavvy and catering outlet available in recent games has been an absolute success. IMHO it must continue.

Whilst I agree I can't see the North Stand being opened for what could be fewer than 100 away fans in games vs Livingston and Brechin/Alloa

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I can't say the music either at Hampden or our place is something that annoys me. I hardly notice it and have no issue talking to folk around me at H/T. 

I guess that must vary around the stadium then, which ties in with people complaining in the past about not being able to hear the tannoy, when I've never had a moment's bother hearing it in crystal clarity. I've literally been hoarse at the end of half-time from having a conversation. Literally.

1 hour ago, smcc said:

I guess I must have hypersensitive hearing as I always find the "music" too loud in the main stand. I also think that the volume control on the chat and announcements could be turned down several decibels.

Your just getting old like a lot of us Alan, damn them noisy kids.

15 hours ago, smcc said:

I guess I must have hypersensitive hearing as I always find the "music" too loud in the main stand. I also think that the volume control on the chat and announcements could be turned down several decibels.

I'm in the main stand aswell and find it really loud, so maybe it's louder than the other stands.Think the new guy was doing it for the Ayr game aswell (he done the half time game I think anyway) so his first 2 games we've scored 11 goals!

Edited by irvine_buddie

Must be a gentleman's pavillion issue, as in W3, as I mentioned, I have never noticed H/T music being so loud as to be annoying and impair conversation. The only explanation can be the volume needs turned up in the pavillion, as the majority of the clientele are deaf auld duffers. :)

I've not posted on here for a while but just want to thank the people that have sent messages texts tweets etc for there support and even the guys that have posted on here. I have to say it was an honour to be asked by SMFC to take over the job. Both myself and Colin feel that way. The buzz you actually get at walking in the main entrance with a club tie on on a matchday is something you can't explain.
Saturday was our first game without phil who I have to thank. Obviously for the past 20 years but also for showing us how things run on a matchday for the previous 2 home games.
Looking forward we obviously want to enhance the matchday experience for supporters. And by next season hope to have a few new things in place.
On the volume issues that's something we will obviously look to address going forward. Although at half time on saturday there were cheerleaders doing a routine on the pitch. So for the girls to hear it had to be at that level.
Colin and myself are just 2 life long buddies kinda living out a childhood dream. But we both very much appreciate the feed back. Which I have to say was on the whole extremely positive as I mentioned before. Also speaking to people we've have had nothing but positive things said. We understand that we will never be able to please everyone. But hopefully we will for the majority of fans enhance the day.

4 minutes ago, cambo1877 said:

I've not posted on here for a while but just want to thank the people that have sent messages texts tweets etc for there support and even the guys that have posted on here. I have to say it was an honour to be asked by SMFC to take over the job. Both myself and Colin feel that way. The buzz you actually get at walking in the main entrance with a club tie on on a matchday is something you can't explain.
Saturday was our first game without phil who I have to thank. Obviously for the past 20 years but also for showing us how things run on a matchday for the previous 2 home games.
Looking forward we obviously want to enhance the matchday experience for supporters. And by next season hope to have a few new things in place.
On the volume issues that's something we will obviously look to address going forward. Although at half time on saturday there were cheerleaders doing a routine on the pitch. So for the girls to hear it had to be at that level.
Colin and myself are just 2 life long buddies kinda living out a childhood dream. But we both very much appreciate the feed back. Which I have to say was on the whole extremely positive as I mentioned before. Also speaking to people we've have had nothing but positive things said. We understand that we will never be able to please everyone. But hopefully we will for the majority of fans enhance the day.

Brilliant. 

7 minutes ago, cambo1877 said:

I thought you did a great job... has Andy Webster chinned you yet? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Hope you'll take requests. Not enough Northern Soul played :)

Here's my request... next season, if we get a penalty, don't even go near the fcuking buttons on your console until the police and stewards have declared the kick to be taken.

:D

Edited by pozbaird