Good Luck Next Saturday

I remember the shower of half bricks coming over the wall at Love Street when we beat Hibs once. I also remember the old woman with blood pouring down her face.
Then I remember that this was 1985 FFS and that I am now an adult.

Remember that game too. I was a wee lad 'bricking' it. Remember the panic when the bricks started coming over. My old man was up near the north bank and I was in my usual spot on the wall behind the goal. Relieved when I finally met up with my dad. The Hibs nutters had left early to come round our end. Scary days. At least those days are in the past now.

4 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Remember that game too. I was a wee lad 'bricking' it. Remember the panic when the bricks started coming over. My old man was up near the north bank and I was in my usual spot on the wall behind the goal. Relieved when I finally met up with my dad. The Hibs nutters had left early to come round our end. Scary days. At least those days are in the past now.

That's right, I remember the game still playing when it happened.

I also remember a match at Ibrox around the same period where we were losing 3-0 and the police came into the stand with what felt like 20 minutes amd strongly recommended that we leave the stadium. When we got outside there were hundreds of their bastards forming a welcoming comittee for us. The police led us through them but then we were left to negotiate the train station on our own. That was f**king terrifying as well.

Hard to believe that football used to be that way.

No reason why we shouldn't join in with " Sunshine on Leith " on Saturday.
Two great sets of fans coming together to sing a great Anthem.
We can both celebrate the Beautiful Game.

Only if they will also sing Oh when the saints [emoji56] otherwise they can f off [emoji111]

I remember an Aberdeen bus parked just off Love Street which had its windows smashed while the Aberdeen fans got a hard time. I remember a Kilmarnock fan trying to climb into the backend of a double decker with piles of bricks being thrown at him. Our supporters were as bad as the next club make no mistake. As I wrote further back these were the dark days of Scottish football. Yes there still idiots around but no where near as bad as it was a long time ago. 

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Why would anyone want to join in with an opposition victory song? Hibs deserve a round of applause as they run on, and when they get the trophy. That's it. It's nice to be nice, but there's no way I would want to belt out an opposition anthem. 

When we win, the sun will be shining on us in Leith.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I remember the shower of half bricks coming over the wall at Love Street when we beat Hibs once. I also remember the old woman with blood pouring down her face.

I remember walking through the Piazza before a Hibs game back in the early 90s and a crowd of there casuals 

approached me and my 2 mates and said "Hey"are you's with the LSD, my mate turned and said naw bud we're with the 

TSB but thanks for asking, we just walked away pissing ourselves laughing while the wee fuds just stood there scratching 

there heids...

Edited by scrappy coco

11 hours ago, shull said:

No reason why we shouldn't join in with " Sunshine on Leith " on Saturday.

Two great sets of fans coming together to sing a great Anthem.

We can both celebrate the Beautiful Game.

:D

Actually looking forward to hearing Sunshine on Leith belting out on Saturday. Hopefully we will feel like joining in!

13 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Why would anyone want to join in with an opposition victory song? Hibs deserve a round of applause as they run on, and when they get the trophy. That's it. It's nice to be nice, but there's no way I would want to belt out an opposition anthem. 

We can just listen to it's beauty and follow it with Oh When the Saints :clapping:clapping:clapping

I would sing Sunshine On Leith if we batter them, because it's a song I love - I would struggle not to sing along. The fact that Hibs adopted it as their anthem doesn't alter my love for the song.

I will do my utmost not to hum along before the match.

Edited by Soctty

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

I would sing Sunshine On Leith if we batter them, because it's a song I love - I would struggle not to sing along. The fact that Hibs adopted it as their anthem doesn't alter my love for the song.

I will do my utmost not to hum along before the match.

The Fields of Athenry is a nice song too. Taken in its original context. I am as likely to sing what have become Hibs and Celtic 'anthems' as I am to buying the Alfie Boe & Michael Ball album.

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, pozbaird said:

The Fields of Athenrye is a nice song too. Taken in its original context. I am as likely to sing what have become Hibs and Celtic 'anthems' as I am to buying the Alfie Boe & Michael Ball album.

Got to stress that there is a world of difference between the old firm and the rest of the teams in the country as far as I'm concerned. 

I would be more than happy to sing Sunshine On Leith if we win, after the final whistle - loads would not be happy to do so. Totally understand there are differing opinions on the subject.

On 30/04/2017 at 10:50 AM, Hibee 1875 said:

Just wanted to say good luck next Saturday and hopefully somehow you's can get the result you need to stay up,  you's have always made it hard for us this season and I expect another close game i think it will be a draw. 

Grease up Renton, you're get pumped on Saturday!

Just now, Soctty said:

Got to stress that there is a world of difference between the old firm and the rest of the teams in the country as far as I'm concerned. 

I would be more than happy to sing Sunshine On Leith if we win, after the final whistle - loads would not be happy to do so. Totally understand there are differing opinions on the subject.

^^^^^ Hibs are his big team. :P

I've nothing against Hibs , but would find it hard joining in with one of their anthems . Besides, come the full time whistle on sat , I reckon I'll be hoarse from cheering us on to a famous result . 

16 minutes ago, munoz said:

I've nothing against Hibs , but would find it hard joining in with one of their anthems . Besides, come the full time whistle on sat , I reckon I'll be hoarse from cheering us on to a famous result . 

I tweeted out that I would love to hear the song in a packed stadium, it's a brilliant song with zero religious backdrop to it.

I hope we are too busy cheering our own lads to get involved.

Win, lose or draw the buddies deserve an ovation at the end of the match and I know they will get one.

Just now, Yflab said:

I don't imagine any Saints fans will stay for Hibs, but I'd imagine the Saints support will wait and applaud our team after final whistle assuming we get a positive result.

Positive result or not, I think the vast majority of the Saints' fans will wait to thank this team for their efforts this season in even reaching the playoffs with one game to go.

If, at 5.55pm we are not going to be involved in playoffs, we may be last out the stadium.  

On 5/1/2017 at 0:01 PM, oaksoft said:

On 5/1/2017 at 4:24 PM, Balmullo Bud said:

My memory must be failing me  (more than usual !)

I could have sworn that was against the Jambos ?  I remember first hearing the Thud as bricks hit the top of the North bank roof. When we went out to the Love street end ,hordes of the buggers were making their way round and lobbing everything they could lay their hands on into the NB.  

Also , as someone else said , getting out of Easter road over the wee bridge was like running the Gauntlet. I`m not a massive Hibbee lover ...... they DO have the best anthem in football..........But ill not be joining in thank you very much.

12 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

My memory must be failing me  (more than usual !)

I could have sworn that was against the Jambos ?  I remember first hearing the Thud as bricks hit the top of the North bank roof. When we went out to the Love street end ,hordes of the buggers were making their way round and lobbing everything they could lay their hands on into the NB.  

Also , as someone else said , getting out of Easter road over the wee bridge was like running the Gauntlet. I`m not a massive Hibbee lover ...... they DO have the best anthem in football..........But ill not be joining in thank you very much.

It was definitely Hibs.