Celtics interest in John McGinn

kevo_smfc

Reported in todays Daily Express that Rodgers is an admirer of wee meatball and that he may be tempted with an offer of 1.5 million. Yes, pure speculation, though you would imagine Hibs would hold out for more than that if he made signals of intent to leave?

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

Reported in todays Daily Express that Rodgers is an admirer of wee meatball and that he may be tempted with an offer of 1.5 million. Yes, pure speculation, though you would imagine Hibs would hold out for more than that if he made signals of intent to leave?

I posted yesterday - a list of 'go to' headlines that will appear in the Scottish OF boaby-sooking press on a daily basis! I hope you took the opportunity to copy/paste.... 'Celtic looking to swoop for'... 

I never expected my list of handy copy/paste sentences to be required one day after I posted them... no, hold on, I did!

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

There is also interest from down south and i hope thats where he goes.Not too far for a wee visit either.

Quite a way short of the '£5 million' that was being discussed on this forum earlier in the season, but probably about right for him.  Seen somewhere that he's already irked Lennon about not committing to Hibs, sounds like he's not signing a new deal that's on the table.  History repeating itself, difference being that if he does leave Hibs at the end of his contract then he will leave for nothing.

Edited by TopCat

20 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Quite a way short of the '£5 million' that was being discussed on this forum earlier in the season, but probably about right for him.  Seen somewhere that he's already irked Lennon about not ommitting to Hibs, sounds like he's not signing a new deal that's on the table.  History repeating itself, difference being that if he does leave Hibs at the end of his contract then he will leave for nothing.

Do we get a share of that sell-on fee ? :wacko:

My Hibs-supporting work colleague ( who seems reasonably in-the-know on Hibs matters) suggested to me several weeks ago that McGinn was Celtic-bound but that the deal would involve player swaps rather than money. Wonder how that works out??

8 minutes ago, Jocky said:

My Hibs-supporting work colleague ( who seems reasonably in-the-know on Hibs matters) suggested to me several weeks ago that McGinn was Celtic-bound but that the deal would involve player swaps rather than money. Wonder how that works out??

The swap players value would surely be added on to any cash transfer fee.

44 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The family are big Celtic supporters (except Stephen now he has some to his senses) so would not be surprised if John ended up there. He might not get as much money as down south but big money he would still make plus champions league football is quite a stage. 

5 hours ago, Jocky said:

We get half of Effie Ambrose

Watching John yesterday it was difficult to understand what he is doing still playing at this level and at a club the size of Hibs.  It is time for him to make the step up.  I believe he could hold his own in the EPL and a club the size of Swansea (if they stay up) is where he should be playing first team football next.

I remain sceptical we will ever get anything out of this sell on clause though!