Tory Wins Ferguslie

Any Conservative gains seem to be almost 100% at Labours expense.  There appears to be very little inroads into the SNP vote seats wise acorss the country (so far at least). Scotland is heading back to a 2 party duopoly just not the 2 anyone could have imagined a decade or so ago.  The sole emphasis by the Tories on this being a message to the SNP over indyref2 seems to have got through to Labour "no" voters, a clever tactic but totally not what local council elections should be all about. I know the Tories will not admit it publicly but they are probably disappointed to have had so little impact against the SNP.

Plus 39, 39!  WOW!

National councils scoreboard
Party Councils Seats
CouncilsTotal Councils Change+/- SeatsTotal Seats Change+/-

Party Independent

Councils Total3 Councils Change- Seats Total80 Seats Change−4

Party SNP

Councils Total0 Councils Change- Seats Total103 Seats Change+2

Party Conservative

Councils Total0 Councils Change- Seats Total70 Seats Change+39

Party Labour

Councils Total0 Councils Change−1 Seats Total52 Seats Change−36

Party Liberal Democrat

Councils Total0 Councils Change- Seats Total8 Seats Change−2

Party Green

Councils Total0 Councils Change- Seats Total2

Seats Change+1

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Plus 39, 39!  WOW!

National councils scoreboard
Party Councils Seats
CouncilsTotal Councils Change+/- SeatsTotal Seats Change+/-

Party Independent

Councils Total3 Councils Change- Seats Total80 Seats Change−4

Party SNP

Councils Total0 Councils Change- Seats Total103 Seats Change+2

Party Conservative

Councils Total0 Councils Change- Seats Total70 Seats Change+39

Party Labour

Councils Total0 Councils Change−1 Seats Total52 Seats Change−36

Party Liberal Democrat

Councils Total0 Councils Change- Seats Total8 Seats Change−2

Party Green

Councils Total0 Councils Change- Seats Total2

Seats Change+1

You also fail to mention that the same stats show the SNP up 2 from their already imperious position - as I said it's a swing from Lab to Tory with no inroads (in fact the opposite) into the SNP's previous huge share of seats. Yes a good show by the Tories but for the SNP to advance form their starting position will be a bitter pill for Ruth and Co in Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You also fail to mention that the same stats show the SNP up 2 from their already imperious position - as I said it's a swing from Lab to Tory with no inroads (in fact the opposite) into the SNP's previous huge share of seats. Yes a good show by the Tories but for the SNP to advance form their starting position will be a bitter pill for Ruth and Co in Scotland.

I think the sweetness of increasing vote share and seats will quell any concern about the SNP.  Well done on the extra two seats though!

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The SNP share of the vote in 2012 was 32%, just ahead of Labour.

Considering that the SNP's share of the 2015 General Election was 50% and of the 2016 Holyrood election was 47%, it would be very surprising if the SNP didn't "advance from their starting position" of 2012.

But if the starting position is the share of the vote in 2015 or 2016, we will hopefully see a decline.

A bitter pill for Sturgeon and co in Scotland. B)

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I think the sweetness of increasing vote share and seats will quell any concern about the SNP.  Well done on the extra two seats though!

Two extra seats from a starting position of 32% share of the vote in 2012 is a disaster for the nationalist extremists!

34 minutes ago, TopCat said:

:wub: Scotland loves Tory!

Image result for ruth davidsonImage result for theresa may

Pair of Boots

10 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Two extra seats from a starting position of 32% share of the vote in 2012 is a disaster for the nationalist extremists!

Is it aye?

SNP 103 seats

Tory 39 seats

DISASTER alert!!!!

It must really rile you having all those bigots as your party's supporters...

6 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

Pair of Boots

Is it aye?

SNP 103 seats

Tory 39 seats

DISASTER alert!!!!

It must really rile you having all those bigots as your party's supporters...

I have to ask, where, exactly, is the proof of this?

Also, isn't it EVEYBODYS right, whoever they happen to support, to vote for who they wish?

Can you, or anybody else, prove no Rangers supporters vote for the SNP?

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm no Tory but you have to admire what Ruth Davidson has done for the Tory party in Scotland, she has brought them back from the brink of oblivion. 

Looks like a swing to the Tories is on due to the collapse of the Labour Party , I would imagine that SNP loses will be less but I don't think the Party is as popular as it was at the last GE. I was talking to a solicitor yesterday whom , for years was a secretary for the Party , he said he wouldn't vote SNP now . .

27 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

I'm not really sure how the pollsters work out the percentages given that it's a multichoice vote (No. 1 choices) but anything less than a clear improvement for the SNP will be disappointing. It'll be ironic to hear Ruth Davidson again claim a triumph under a voting system that her party wouldn't touch with a bargepole at national level.

Roll on the GE and the "First Past The Post" system when I'll be expecting 50+ SNP MP's to be returned - again!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Independence would lead to austerity and cuts for the poor on an unprecedented level.

Voting SNP would be like turkeys voting for Xmas with regards to Feegie and Shettleston!

See, you're saying that but by your own admission you don't know what would happen under independence. On the other hand, historical facts support my version, they've been doing it for decades.

#thichasfcuk

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm not really sure how the pollsters work out the percentages given that it's a multichoice vote but anything less than a clear improvement for the SNP will be disappointing. It'll be ironic to hear Ruth Davidson again claim a triumph under a voting system that her party wouldn't touch with a bargepole at national level.

Roll on the GE and the "First Past The Post" system when I'll be expecting 50+ SNP MP's to be returned.

I think it will be tight Colin , I don't see the Party getting  all 50 again . It will be interesting to see what campaigning takes place this time , they obviously spent hehaw on that campaign so they must be planning to spend it on the GE . .

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I have to ask, where, exactly, is the proof of this?

Also, isn't it EVEYBODYS right, whoever they happen to support, to vote for who they wish?

Can you, or anybody else, prove no Rangers supporters vote for the SNP?

Very few do as it's seen as a vote for republicism 

If wee Sturgeon drops the Indy 2 patter she would clean up

Most level headed people know what the Tories are all about but there's no other options out there

Labour scored a major own goal siding with the tories and they won't recover up here

46 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Good thing I'm not a "nationalist extremist" then whatever that is - is that the opposite of a Unionist extremist - all very 70's NI but the usual Tory patter.

Could have sworn the Tory's current sole policy / aim is one of extreme separation - where's the difference ???????

42 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I think it will be tight Colin , I don't see the Party getting  all 50 again . It will be interesting to see what campaigning takes place this time , they obviously spent hehaw on that campaign so they must be planning to spend it on the GE . .

I'm going to reply in a bit of a roundabout way - there was a EU press conference today which was conducted in French and the spokesman prefaced it by saying "the influence of English was diminishing" not comedy gold but it raised a few titters. I know you're a bit of a Eurosceptic but do you believe Theresa May will be able to secure a good Brexit deal for Britain? Various UKIP bigwigs are assaying "Job done, Theresa's our leader carrying out our policies." Who can doubt that the Tories are currently the most extreme party with significant power in Western Europe and heading further in that direction? Macron will win the French Presidential election, the Dutch rejected the PVV last month - there's going to be no incentive for the EU to give anything more than they have to Theresa May's Conservative Party with UKIP and Nigel Farage grinning in the background.

I don't want Scotland to be a remote and ignored province of an isolationist UK - I'd rather be in an independent country which wants to be part of the European and World mainstream. Yesterday's result make the choice crystal clear and in the GE I'll be surprised & disappointed if the SNP don't win 50+ again.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS

A few folk on here spanking their load about council elections being a barometer of both UK and Scottish parliamentary policy.
Thick as...

30 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Good thing I'm not a "nationalist extremist" then whatever that is - is that the opposite of a Unionist extremist - all very 70's NI but the usual Tory patter.

Could have sworn the Tory's current sole policy / aim is one of extreme separation - where's the difference ???????

Indeed. The Tories are Brexit, nationalist extremists.

SNP, UKIP, English Tories, French National Front, Trump.

All one and the same thing.

My vote for the Tories in Scotland is for one thing only - to keep Scotland's place in the UK.

I voted Remain and I voted No. Totally consistent.