Tory Wins Ferguslie

A few Nationalists on Twitter earlier were referring our Country as the Republic of Scotland while at the same time, commemorating the anniversary of the death of their hero, Bobby Sands. 

:lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
The Calton is now Conservative [emoji38]
What a Country we have. 
And we deserve everything we get. 
I think I will emigrate. 

Every cloud...

Guest TPAFKATS

Graphic from BBC website.
3 councils under control of independents, Orkney, Shetland and Western Isles.
All others (29) have no one party in overall control so down to who does deals with who.
Despite the knicker moistening, the SNP are only down 7 cooncillors across the country.

9866213937a7d42953e3e7c6e6827aa3.jpg

Guest TPAFKATS
Looks like they haven't filled the forms right lol

Places full of foodbanks,benefits cut are now Tory

Is Alan B'STARD behind this

Does The Calton include Brigton?

Edit: Calton constituency does indeed include the painted kerbstones of Bridgeton.

The Scottish political landscape is a bit of a clusterfcuk isn't it. Aye, I remember the days when Labour could put up a monkey bashing two cymbals together and they'd still win. Scotland would be a sea of red, with one dot of Tory blue in a posh part of Ayrshire, the odd splash of Liberal yellow in the Borders, and a wee dose of SNP yellow up North where the Tuechters live.

You knew where you stood in the old days. Modern life is rubbish. Bring back the Glasgow Apollo and airports where you could watch the planes.. 

Fcuking booooooo!

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm going to reply in a bit of a roundabout way - there was a EU press conference today which was conducted in French and the spokesman prefaced it by saying "the influence of English was diminishing" not comedy gold but it raised a few titters. I know you're a bit of a Eurosceptic but do you believe Theresa May will be able to secure a good Brexit deal for Britain? Various UKIP bigwigs are assaying "Job done, Theresa's our leader carrying out our policies." Who can doubt that the Tories are currently the most extreme party with significant power in Western Europe and heading further in that direction? Macron will win the French Presidential election, the Dutch rejected the PVV last month - there's going to be no incentive for the EU to give anything more than they have to Theresa May's Conservative Party with UKIP and Nigel Farage grinning in the background.

I don't want Scotland to be a remote and ignored province of an isolationist UK - I'd rather be in an independent country which wants to be part of the European and World mainstream. Yesterday's result make the choice crystal clear and in the GE I'll be surprised & disappointed if the SNP don't win 50+ again.

I'm going to reply in a roundabout way . I'm actually quite a big bit of a Euroscepitc , as you call it . I have never liked the Club of Rome or whatever other name it is currently hiding under .What we are experiencing now is a bit of sabre rattling from the Europeans , not a new thing . They have rattled the sabre at us at various times over the last few hundred years as one superpower or another tried to dominate us . Since Britain voted to be part of the EEC back in the early 7ts , the insideous , undemocratic , superstate has been creeping up on us .They need us for trade and will have to sit at the table and be nice .

Worth remembering that both Cameron (who promised and delivered the vote on Europe) and May , were both remainers . Cameron lost his job over it and May is now fighting for her political life as she fights to deliver the will of the British people through the ballot box. Afterall , a democratic majority is a democratic majority .

Wee nicky seems to think that all those buddies in Scotland that voted to remain can somehow magically be turned into Yes in an another independence referendum . Personnally , I don't know anyone that wants another vote on independence , at the moment. Hopefully , it wont be the undoing of the Party but it could lead to wee nicky's undoing. High stakes in the current political cauldron. .

2 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Don't kid yourself

The old Labour voters have turned Tory they want to stay British

This should be a wake up call for Sturgeon this country doesn't want Indy 2

She should be standing up for Scotland in the Union against the Tories

The Tories have never given us the time of day and despise us and that will never change

Spot on. .

Guest TPAFKATS

The parliament voted democratically to seek the permission of the other parliament to have a vote. The vote won't be 'now'.
The MSPs who voted in favour were elected on that mandate. Similarly, Scotland returned 56 /59 mps who supported independence in 2015.
I'll stick my neck out here and predict that Scotland will again return a majority of independence supporting Mps next month.
Conversely, polls tell us there isn't a majority for another referendum (although not all polls).

There was a majority SNP government when Cameron signed the Edinburgh agreement that I thought could/ should have gave us independence. It didn't.

lt is inevitably the will of the people rather than what a bunch of didies in parliament vote for. .

I still think the SNP will have a majority of the 59 seats but a reduced majority. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Back to local elections, the blue Tories have made gains but essentially at the expense of the red Tories. The SNP is still far and away the largest party with far and away the largest vote and even the Greens got themselves some seats, too. Here's the reality

1568427adc701bf8736a87d85ed4abff.jpg

1 hour ago, Thorizaar said:

Is it correct to say Tories won Ferguslie? Didn't they got one seat out of four in a ward that contains more than just Ferguslie under a PR voting system?

And they achieved that one seat on the tenth count!

Guest TPAFKATS
I know for a fact that the orange order (no capitals required) "advise" their members not to vote SNP.Obviously,as I'm not a member of the organisation,I can't prove it.
Our Country would be Independent if it wasn't for the oo. 

2678da852e13c000022808ab99f66287.jpg
[emoji3]

Guest TPAFKATS
Graphic from BBC website.
3 councils under control of independents, Orkney, Shetland and Western Isles.
All others (29) have no one party in overall control so down to who does deals with who.
Despite the knicker moistening, the SNP are only down 7 cooncillors across the country.

9866213937a7d42953e3e7c6e6827aa3.jpg

It seems the SNP had 425 cooncillors last time out. Not sure how the BBC graphic has them losing 7 if they now have 431!

It seems the SNP had 425 cooncillors last time out. Not sure how the BBC graphic has them losing 7 if they now have 431!

Bye-elections, I think.

So, to sum up, pro Indy parties, -2, pro-unionist parties +2. Aye, they should be proud at making such a huge comeback...

Guest TPAFKATS

It's all done on probability, Oaky will explain it to you. [emoji4]

Aye, there's been boundary changes since 2012 so
Seat change is based on notional 2012 results, which estimate what the results would have been then if the new boundaries had been in place.

So to clarify, SNP have actually got 6 more seats than they got last time, however the bbc have notionally estimated that they have 7 less.
[emoji23]

9 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm no Tory but you have to admire what Ruth Davidson has done for the Tory party in Scotland, she has brought them back from the brink of oblivion. 

She peddled the cuddly Tory persona, but was called out when she didn't condemn despicable Tory welfare benefit reforms. Her mask slipped.

Sadly, some folks are very easily fooled.