High/Low points of the Season

Easily the low point was having to put up with the constant repetitive tripe from TC and a few others who displayed all the backbone of the common garden worm the second anything went against us.

The high point will be tomorrow when the stress of today has died down a bit.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS

The first 6 or 7 months of the season was as low as I can recall during 40 years.
Ayr away was when I thought we would be able to stay up. The first half against Ayr at home was as good a 45 mins I've seen at the new stadium.
Last week against Raith probably the high point as I knew we would be ok.
Still had a squeaky bum afternoon today though.

Low point - realising the squad I thought that on paper would wear the stripes with pride were in fact a shower of wage thief's who didn't give a shit about our club

high point - the pride I feel tonight for the team I love and the respect I have for the professionalism of the squad since January who have made supporting St Mirren a joy 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What was the lowest point/game of the season and what was the highest point/game of the season?

The lowest - you going to the Utd game . 

The highest - today . 

Today was for the supporters . 

Two Away games at Ayr were significant. The first under Rae was the worst football I think I had seen from a St Mirren team with long aimless balls to Sutton as the only tactic. It was grim to watch and I really thought even at only 4 games in that the season would be a disaster unless we punted Rae. The second Away game at Ayr was a 'must win' where we were 8 points behind Ayr and a defeat would have given us a probable insurmountable task. However the 'new' team were showing a lot of skill and had a formation that was exciting to watch even though results had not gone our way.  After the 2-0 win I then believed we had enough to stay up and make good progress.

Besides the first Ayr Away game an equally low point was the 3-1 humping at Morton when players like Hutton and Walsh were shocking and it was obvious we did not have a squad capable of staying up. High point was probably the 5-0 demolition of Raith last week. A real roller coaster of a season.

Low point probably the defeat at Cappielow, losing our longstanding unbeaten record. The match which convinced Jack he had a huge job on his hands and had the management scouting players months before the window opened.

High point? Yesterday was certainly one, but there's been a few. The win at Ayr which was a huge turning point. The destruction of Morton at Cappielow, the big wins at home to Ayr and Raith - even the cup final was a memorable occasion for me, as I thoroughly enjoyed my day out with my boy.

Hopefully next season is one big high. [emoji106]

Low point - around winter time, going to games felt like a duty, defeat was expected, performances saw me brand this team as the worst I'd ever seen. No leadership, folk posted on here that their kids were fed-up going to cold, misersble dirges and the atmosphere was dead at best, and the team were roundly booed after yet another gutless, spineless capitulation. Grim.

High point - all the above being turned around and a feelgood factor emerging from dark clouds and everything suddenly went from black and white grainy footage to watching football in ultra high definition technicolour. The growth of a bond again between what was on the pitch and what was off it. The away support at Falkirk... the defeat at Tannadice that saw the support cheer the team off... Mallan's goal... songs suddenly echoing around FeegieField. 

Everything basically went from being in black and white to technicolour! Played in good weather under blue skies, with the winter months and freezing your arse off before shuffling off home banished to Room 101.

Pleasing.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Low point - around winter time, going to games felt like a duty, defeat was expected, performances saw me brand this team as the worst I'd ever seen. No leadership, folk posted on here that their kids were fed-up going to cold, misersble dirges and the atmosphere was dead at best, and the team were roundly booed after yet another gutless, spineless capitulation. Grim.

High point - all the above being turned around and a feelgood factor emerging from dark clouds and everything suddenly went from black and white grainy footage to watching football in ultra high definition technicolour. The growth of a bond again between what was on the pitch and what was off it. The away support at Falkirk... the defeat at Tannadice that saw the support cheer the team off... Mallan's goal... songs suddenly echoing around FeegieField. 

Everything basically went from being in black and white to technicolour! Played in good weather under blue skies, with the winter months and freezing your arse off before shuffling off home banished to Room 101.

Pleasing.

So, basically the weather got better? :P

Low point - allowing Kyle McAlister and Jason Naismith to leave the club in January. To me this was the manager conceding that our season was as good as over and that he had accepted that relegation was inevitable.

High point - in retrospect, allowing Kyle McAlister and Jason Naismith to leave the club in January. The money we received for them funded the influx of new players that turned our season around. Genius Mr Ross !