Championship Teams for Next Season

1 hour ago, Dave The Buddie said:

We should want Dundee Utd out of the league with their budget with Hamilton & Inverness coming down.

If that happens anyone of eight teams will fancy their chances including us. The Championship is probably the most competitive league in the country and will again be next season no matter who is in it.

If Jack Ross is allowed to wheel and deal like he was in January and feels the need to do that I feel optimistic about the season ahead.

In saying that I always feel optimistic going into a season.

It's exciting seeing new players coming in and it's a clean slate for players and teams to impress.

Dundee United's budget for another Championship season will be administered by Duff & Phelps. Should be enough in it for two copies of the Beano and some polish for Willo Flood's napper.

39 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Dundee United's budget for another Championship season will be administered by Duff & Phelps. Should be enough in it for two copies of the Beano and some polish for Willo Flood's napper.

Exactly.

"What budget" was my immediate reaction.

If they do not go up they will be in deep doodoo... and if they have already committed to signing Keatings, I will be astonished if the bank lets them sign many more players. I reckon they will be cutting their squad to a bare minimum for next season. 

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Exactly.

"What budget" was my immediate reaction.

If they do not go up they will be in deep doodoo... and if they have already committed to signing Keatings, I will be astonished if the bank lets them sign many more players. I reckon they will be cutting their squad to a bare minimum for next season. 

This is worrying. We now agree on two things - Dundee United could be in soapy bubble, and New Douglas Park is a shithole.

Very disconcerting. If we agree on one more thing people will start talking. :P

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

This is worrying. We now agree on two things - Dundee United could be in soapy bubble, and New Douglas Park is a shithole.

Very disconcerting. If we agree on one more thing people will start talking:P

Never understood this one. Was the world mute before your love affair?

To be fair to Hibs, they looked completely uninterested in pushing for a winner after we equalised. Didn't stop me from panicking relentlessly though.
Depends who comes down really. In an ideal scenario it will be Hamilton and ICT. Both are in a bad way just now though Foran and/or Canning will certainly get the elbow if they're relegated. I can see Morton falling away next season, they are a painfully small squad and the chairman just doesn't like to invest.
Dundee Utd are in a hellish shape but I'd still rather have them out and Hamilton in to be fair. Hamilton are perennial diddies who have punched above their weight for way too long now. Dundee Utd on the other hand are a big club.

I really don't care who comes down/stays down. I'm confident we'll compete with anyone next season with Jack in charge.

On Morton, their chairman has been subsidising them every year since he took over. Last accounts showed they owed him £2.5 million, although half a million was written off in those accounts.

If Dundee United don't go up their budget will be decimated and existence in doubt! One can only hope we face them again next season!

I thought that also and then saw they'd signed Keatings today![emoji15]

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That's a lot in the championship. 

Just found this .

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/789056/usa-businessman-alastair-borthwick-bail-out-deal-dundee-united/

not good at all if they need that sort of money to see out a season. Just shows what their outgoings must be and would certainly add weight to the thought of big cuts if they don't go up.

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Indeed... Ours was 1.7m and that resulted in us having to sell Love St stadium and ground to pay it off.

Theirs isn't much less and their funding source has said he is no longer throwing cash at them.

Did you read the story on BBC Sport website about Blackburn Rovers being relegated to the third tier? Unbelieveable stuff - folk are protesting about the way Venky's are running Rovers. Kevin Gallacher is quoted as saying 'This is what happens when a club is run sustainably to balance the books - it just isn't good enough. Money needs to be spent on the playing side...'

FFS. It then goes on to say Blackburn's debt is £102 million... In one story, you have an ex-player blowhard saying 'this is what happens when a club is run to balance the books - money needs thrown at it', then you learn that this 'prudently run' club is £102 million in debt....

I nearly choked on my Kit Kat. Clusterfcuk and FFS doesn't cover it.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Just found this .

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/789056/usa-businessman-alastair-borthwick-bail-out-deal-dundee-united/

not good at all if they need that sort of money to see out a season. Just shows what their outgoings must be and would certainly add weight to the thought of big cuts if they don't go up.

If Utd stay in the Championship next season they could very easily go down next season. Basically a bigger Dunfermline. 

17 hours ago, scrappy coco said:

That's 3 times he's been promoted to the premiership and every time he decided to sign for a championship club, could be 

a bad omen for DU in the playoffs...

or he knows he would struggle in the premier.

If Utd stay in the Championship next season they could very easily go down next season. Basically a bigger Dunfermline. 

Dundee Utd have just signed another player Billy King from Hearts.

I can only think the signings of King & Keatings are for the Premiership and if they don't make it they will let a lot go

Re ICT coming down to the Championship,general consensus up here is they will struggle for a few years anyway. No big backers willing to chuck money in any more, Hughes went because of zero investment in players and Foran was a much cheapness replacement..... That has gone well so far. ICT will go down,Foran given the bullet and Malpas given the full time gig as he is known there, and cheap because he can't get a job anywhere else.

1 hour ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Re ICT coming down to the Championship,general consensus up here is they will struggle for a few years anyway. No big backers willing to chuck money in any more, Hughes went because of zero investment in players and Foran was a much cheapness replacement..... That has gone well so far. ICT will go down,Foran given the bullet and Malpas given the full time gig as he is known there, and cheap because he can't get a job anywhere else.

I read that Hartley was being lined up by ICT.

Just noticed play off results and Raith are not home and hosed yet - an away draw is fair enough but it will still be nervy on Saturday - so glad we are not in it!

Hopefully Goody's boys can overturn their small defict - both for him and also due to the fact that I don't want Airdrie coming up.

(Alloa is also easiest for public transport buddies :D)

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, southsidebud said:

Just noticed play off results and Raith are not home and hosed yet - an away draw is fair enough but it will still be nervy on Saturday - so glad we are not in it!

Hopefully Goody's boys can overturn their small defict - both for him and also due to the fact that I don't want Airdrie coming up.

(Alloa is also easiest for public transport buddies :D)

Admission prices for Alloa if you're interested in giving your support today:

Adults:  £16

Over 65s: £8

Under 16s: £4

Edited by stlucifer