Championship Teams for Next Season

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Admission prices for Alloa if you're interested in giving your support today:

Adults:  £16

Over 65s: £8

Under 16s: £4

Thanks - but its a bit of a job to re-organise the wee man's activities on any Saturday - so the trip will be made for the 2018 Champions only

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:29 PM, Bud the Baker said:

From the Premiership/Championship I'd like to see Dundee Utd. promoted & ICT(automatic) & Hamilton (via the play-offs) relegated as I believe they would be weaker challengers to us next season. Falkirk & Dunfermline will be in the mix next season but maybe not Morton as I feel they'll struggle to replicate this season's form.

From the Championship/Division 1 I'm not particularly bothered as I don't expect Saints to be at the end of the division again so for sentimental reasons I'll keep my fingers crossed for Jim Goodwin's Alloa.

So far so good - Morton eliminated & ICT/Hamilton where I expected/wanted them to be with two games to go.

Alloa/Airdrie & Raith/Brechin both looking likely to go to penalties. Both did and the final is between Alloa & Brechin.  #JimGoodwin:wub:

Edited by Bud the Baker

21 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Aye getting ICT and Hamilton will be fan-dabby-dobby with the big away supports they carry. ICT for sure are down can see Falkirk/Dundee Unt winning the play off. 

It's a trade-off, better supported teams will (in theory) make a stronger challenge for the title.

Like I say a trade-off and IMO one that suits us better.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Despite rumblings about Dundee United's finances I'll be happy if they're out of this league. Keatings and King are willing to sign for them despite the strong possibility that they'll be playing Championship football next season. That's surprising. Would suggest that United will be paying Premier League wages and, if they are still in the Championship, then that will make them strong favourites. 

Take United out of the equation though and it really would be up for grabs. I'd swap them for Hamilton:

Inverness

Hamilton

Falkirk

Morton

Dunfermline

Queen of the South

St Mirren

Dumbarton

Livingston

Alloa

Edited by Julian Banjos

Just now, Julian Banjos said:

Despite rumblings about Dundee United's finances I'll be happy if they're out of this league. Keatings and King are willing to sign for them despite the strong possibility that they'll be playing Championship football next season. That's surprising and suggests to me that United are guaranteeing them Premier League wages and, if they are still in the Championship, then that will make them strong favourites. 

Take United out of the equation though and it really would be up for grabs. I'd swap them for Hamilton:

Inverness

Hamilton

Falkirk

Morton

Dunfermline

Queen of the South

St Mirren

Dumbarton

Livingston

Alloa

They are all going to shite it from us.

15 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Raith down blew it on penalties. Am sure we would not have struggled like they have in the two games and appeared to confirm their slump in second half of season

I agree ... but still...

Only 7 days before Raith were only waiting for a not unlikely winner from Hibs in order to escape completely - now in League One.

Wow! Scary stuff and it could have been us.

Despite rumblings about Dundee United's finances I'll be happy if they're out of this league. Keatings and King are willing to sign for them despite the strong possibility that they'll be playing Championship football next season. That's surprising. Would suggest that United will be paying Premier League wages and, if they are still in the Championship, then that will make them strong favourites.  Take United out of the equation though and it really would be up for grabs. I'd swap them for Hamilton:

Inverness

Hamilton

Falkirk

Morton

Dunfermline

Queen of the South

St Mirren

Dumbarton

Livingston

Alloa

I suppose this all depends on your view of things. Personally, the thought of Hibs and Utd/Falkirk being replaced by ICT and Accies is not very appealing. Shite teams and shite crowds.

At the other end we've lost Ayr and Raith to be be replaced by Livvy and Alloa/Brechin. More shite teams with shite crowds.

Does it make it a little easier to get promoted? Maybe.

Does it make for a more exciting, entertaining league ? Not in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I suppose this all depends on your view of things. Personally, the thought of Hibs and Utd/Falkirk being replaced by ICT and Accies is not very appealing. Shite teams and shite crowds.

At the other end we've lost Ayr and Raith to be be replaced by Livvy and Alloa/Brechin. More shite teams with shite crowds.

Have to agree, will also affect the budget though Malan deal should offset that. 

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

Agree. Livi,Alloa or Brechin & ICT plus possibly Hamilton is a financial directors nightmare. Shite clubs with Shite away supports. 

Similar arguments surrounded the SPL when that team from Glasgow went under.

Without their liquidation would St Mirren, St Johnstone, Ross County and Inverness all have won major trophies during that period? I'm not sure... Reduced competition increases the chance of success.

ICT & Accies in, Hibs & United out is great for us in my opinion. The priority is promotion.

9 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Similar arguments surrounded the SPL when that team from Glasgow went under.

Without their liquidation would St Mirren, St Johnstone, Ross County and Inverness all have won major trophies during that period? I'm not sure... Reduced competition increases the chance of success.

ICT & Accies in, Hibs & United out is great for us in my opinion. The priority is promotion.

On the upside. ICT away , a decent away day :P

14 hours ago, DLBud said:

This season has shown that anything can be exciting, as for shite crowds, well thats down to us

No one would have expected, 5000 against Ayr and Raith, thought I would get this in before u jump off the Erskine Bridge

Not exactly sure who you want promoted from League 1 or relegated for Premiership- How about Celtic or Hearts would that do? 

As in 1999- 2000 I don't give a rats arse who the other 9 teams are, we had Clydebank and Airdrie then, and it was a very exciting season..

We will get promoted if we are the best team, Last year showed we can never ever be complacent again, we have potential and finally momentum

This season has shown that anything can be exciting, as for shite crowds, well thats down to us
No one would have expected, 5000 against Ayr and Raith, thought I would get this in before u jump off the Erskine Bridge
Not exactly sure who you want promoted from League 1 or relegated for Premiership- How about Celtic or Hearts would that do? 
As in 1999- 2000 I don't give a rats arse who the other 9 teams are, we had Clydebank and Airdrie then, and it was a very exciting season..
We will get promoted if we are the best team, Last year showed we can never ever be complacent again, we have potential and finally momentum

Shite crowds aren't just down to us unfortunately as we rely on opposing teams bringing fans though the gates also.

Generally speaking, games against bigger teams with bigger, more vocal, supports generate a better atmosphere and players tend to respond to that as we've seen recently.

The question wasn't about promotion it was about which teams we'd like to see in the league next season. I fancy bigger teams with better supports and you don't care, which is entirely your prerogative.

No need to be a dick about the Erskine Bridge or Celtic/Hearts because you disagree.

BTW we never had 5,000 at home once this season and our league gates against teams outside the top 4 averaged 3,044. Just saying.

11 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Shite crowds aren't just down to us unfortunately as we rely on opposing teams bringing fans though the gates also.

Generally speaking, games against bigger teams with bigger, more vocal, supports generate a better atmosphere and players tend to respond to that as we've seen recently.

The question wasn't about promotion it was about which teams we'd like to see in the league next season. I fancy bigger teams with better supports and you don't care, which is entirely your prerogative.

No need to be a dick about the Erskine Bridge or Celtic/Hearts because you disagree.

BTW we never had 5,000 at home once this season and our league gates against teams outside the top 4 averaged 3,044. Just saying.

Do you actually go to home games- Just asking- Ok we had just less than 5000 at Ayr and Raith, with more than 4000 Buddies

I don't care who is in our league. Smaller teams, less travelling support = less budget to spend in a league with another team with a smaller budget. Bigger team, big traveling support = more budget to spend in a league with another team with a bigger budget.

Could not give a shiny shite who's in our league - we're winning it. 

Edited by Soctty

Do you actually go to home games- Just asking- Ok we had just less than 5000 at Ayr and Raith, with more than 4000 Buddies

I go to all the home games although I'm not sure why that matters as the attendance figures are available on the club website.

We had 4,620 v Ayr and 4,937 v Raith. Both crowds were boosted by decent away supports (both better than Alloa, Livi, ICT or Hamilton would bring, which was my original point) and a number of schemes by the BOD. (Free tickets for kids, bring a pal for a tenner etc.)

What's your point?

6 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I go to all the home games although I'm not sure why that matters as the attendance figures are available on the club website.

We had 4,620 v Ayr and 4,937 v Raith. Both crowds were boosted by decent away supports (both better than Alloa, Livi, ICT or Hamilton would bring, which was my original point) and a number of schemes by the BOD. (Free tickets for kids, bring a pal for a tenner etc.)

What's your point?

Whats yours- ?? Part from  being very negative

We are in the Championship, 2 nd tier of Scottish football ,not sure what you expect.......

Its Fraser- Dads Army- We are all doomed pash....

I was hoping negativity might go elsewhere for next season, but your already harping on about how  shite is might be???

Try enjoying it, oh and sorry I was 63 short on the Raith Crowd FFS

Whats yours- ?? Part from  being very negative
We are in the Championship, 2 nd tier of Scottish football ,not sure what you expect.......
Its Fraser- Dads Army- We are all doomed pash....
I was hoping negativity might go elsewhere for next season, but your already harping on about how  shite is might be???
Try enjoying it, oh and sorry I was 63 short on the Raith Crowd FFS

Are you feeling ok?

The question was around which teams we'd like to see in the league next season. One poster gave his view and I presented an alternative with reasons why and there were a few other comments for and against until you blazed in all flushed and indignant.

Nothing negative at all.

I'll try my best to enjoy next season, thanks. Oh, and if you want to present facts to support your argument whilst trying to be a smart arse then just get it right.

4 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Are you feeling ok?

The question was around which teams we'd like to see in the league next season. One poster gave his view and I presented an alternative with reasons why and there were a few other comments for and against until you blazed in all flushed and indignant.

Nothing negative at all.

I'll try my best to enjoy next season, thanks. Oh, and if you want to present facts to support your argument whilst trying to be a smart arse then just get it right.

My point, which you seem to elude, is that, the season will be as exciting as we make it, considering as we are off the back of the most amazing exciting season, in the 2nd Tier, playing exciting winning football... and your already moaning about the opposition.... and little crowds, welcome to Scotland!!

Erskine Bridge still available

My point, which you seem to elude, is that, the season will be as exciting as we make it, considering as we are off the back of the most amazing exciting season, in the 2nd Tier, playing exciting winning football... and your already moaning about the opposition.... and little crowds, welcome to Scotland!!

Erskine Bridge still available

Sorry, are you suggesting that I alluded to your point or that your point eluded me?

If it's the latter, I get your point. Irrespective of the teams and crowd sizes the league can still be exciting.. That, however, wasn't my preference as I wanted a competitive league filled with the best supported teams at this level.

If you're passing the Erskine Bridge tomorrow look out for me. I'll be standing beside Gordon and Jack as they contemplate life in the Championship with some of the worst supported teams in senior football.

14 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Sorry, are you suggesting that I alluded to your point or that your point eluded me?

If it's the latter, I get your point. Irrespective of the teams and crowd sizes the league can still be exciting.. That, however, wasn't my preference as I wanted a competitive league filled with the best supported teams at this level.

If you're passing the Erskine Bridge tomorrow look out for me. I'll be standing beside Gordon and Jack as they contemplate life in the Championship with some of the worst supported teams in senior football.

Ok who is being the Smart arse now....

Maybe you could make your suggestions to the SFA, see if they can make sure United or Falkirk lose in the PO final, as they are both better supported maybe see if they can overturn Raiths result to keep the crowds up....

Please don't ever stand anywhere near Jack or Gordon , but I am detecting an element of humour creeping into this......

PS I was actually wanting Brechin, as its such a pretty wee ground :)