Championship Teams for Next Season

Just now, DLBud said:

They do a good big run of soup as well. They can come up.

Good

So basically its just Hamilton, Caley, Livi , and anywhere where population is sparse that you have an issue with.....

PS----- Don't ever go to Norway lol

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, DLBud said:

I suppose this all depends on your view of things. Personally, the thought of Hibs and Utd/Falkirk being replaced by ICT and Accies is not very appealing. Shite teams and shite crowds.

At the other end we've lost Ayr and Raith to be be replaced by Livvy and Alloa/Brechin. More shite teams with shite crowds.

Does it make it a little easier to get promoted? Maybe.

Does it make for a more exciting, entertaining league ? Not in my opinion.

Like I said previously ICT/Hamilton/Livi/Alloa in Hibs/Dundee Utd/Raith/Ayr out is a trade off between revenue & the level of competition we're liable to face.

It's the best scenario for us and will affect Dunfermline & Falkirk more than us.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Motherwell have confirmed safety tonight meaning only Hamilton or Inverness (or both) can now be relegated.

Personally, I hope both come down and Alloa come up.

That would have the makings of a very open league .

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 9:58 PM, djchapsticks said:

Motherwell have confirmed safety tonight meaning only Hamilton or Inverness (or both) can now be relegated.

Personally, I hope both come down and Alloa come up.

I wouldn't argue with this of it were to happen. 

I think Inverness will provide a stiffer test for Dundee United or Falkirk as they seem to be finding some late form (2 wins from 3). I think Hamilton will need to win on Saturday to avoid automatic relegation now.

Not fussed by the looks of either Brechin or Alloa in terms of our opposition for next year - but still hope it is Alloa that come up due to their recent and existing St Mirren connections. They still have a good chance.

Only bothered about the quality and financial resources of other teams rather than the pish crowds they may bring.

From that point of view it would be a big help if Dundee United won the playoff final and both Hamilton and Caley Thistle came down. There'd be no real favourite for promotion, although the media would probably go for the teams coming down from the Premiership.

Not fussed if it's Alloa or Brechin that comes up from a competition point of view, although would like Alloa for the Goodwin factor.

The big question is if ICT come down will we be sent there at Christmas or New Year?

Right well that's ICT down in 12th place.

Statin' the bleedin' obvious it's been a bad season for them and they've got a big decision to make on whether to stick with manager Richie Foran who's got 3 years left on his contract.

Edit - I forgot to mention they recently hired Maurice Malpas to help..................

Edited by Bud the Baker

Feel for big Jim as it will be tougher next season with Raith and Ayr in the league. Well done Brechin but think your stay will be short.  Don't think play offs are fair as it should perhaps because one off between second top and second bottom of championship. Over the course of the season it should be - in this case Alloa were 12 points ahead of Brechin.