Championship Teams for Next Season

3 hours ago, madball said:

Was speaking to a Pars fan at work and they are worried for the season ahead on a budget point of view. They will have lost big away gates vs Raith and Hibs next season, and if United go too they reckon that over the season they would be down about 6000-8000 people through the away gates, never mind the reduction in home gate too. That's in excess of £100k disappearing from their last years budget, before any corresponding drop in home revenue, advertising or hospitality. 

Didn't worry them in the past when they were splashing the cash.....

4 hours ago, madball said:

Was speaking to a Pars fan at work and they are worried for the season ahead on a budget point of view. They will have lost big away gates vs Raith and Hibs next season, and if United go too they reckon that over the season they would be down about 6000-8000 people through the away gates, never mind the reduction in home gate too. That's in excess of £100k disappearing from their last years budget, before any corresponding drop in home revenue, advertising or hospitality. 

Falkirk are also tightening their belt. Released a few players.

The visiting fan numbers from the likes of Brechin, Livingston, ICT and maybe Hamilton etc concerns me, and will concern our BoD. No point in kidding ourselves, the Arabs, Ayr, Killie, Partick... if these kinds of clubs were coming to the 2021 Theatre of Feelgood... the money coming into our coffers would be important.

With diddy clubs coming to town, the trick is for Joma Jack's Fully Striped B&W Army to keep up the good form, and see a re-energised support, who happily enjoyed having Duracell bunny batteries shoved up our sphincters recently, come out in numbers to help make up any shortfall.

5 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Inverness CT

Dundee United

Falkirk

Morton

Dunfermline

Queen of the South

St Mirren

Dumbarton

Livingston

Brechin City

Tougher league now Utd are staying down but quite glad as I really dislike them.

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Tougher league now Utd are staying down but quite glad as I really dislike them.

Dundee United have money problems made worse by losing the play off's. Granted they are the biggest club in the league but there will have to be cuts to their budget. I would rather have United than Hamilton who would not be any push over ether with the parachute payment make no mistake.

It definitely depends on how much cash united are willing/able to throw at the league next year.

The signings of Keatings and King are ominous - at least in the sense of being able to offer them enough to sign when they didn't know what league they would be playing in.

If they find the cash for another high wage level campaign they would be up there as favourites (perhaps joint with Falkirk) - hopefully they will stay away from our squad.

Would rather have had Hamilton.

How is it a tougher league when the better team stayed out?

Dundee Utd have severe financial problems and gambled on going straight back up. They will have less dosh next season.  And they will be losing at least their two best players from this season - Murray and Andreu. And they should bring more supporters than Hamilton would which is good for the cash flow of the League. Good result for us I should think.

The better team won - obviously, 1-0 over 2 legs. United will be in serious trouble now, and remembering their "can we please have a copy of the game footage for training reasons" "right that's all the proof we need, Goodwin commited a foul,and we have video evidence" crap. Lets hump the arrogant cheats next season.

36 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Dundee Utd have severe financial problems and gambled on going straight back up. They will have less dosh next season.  And they will be losing at least their two best players from this season - Murray and Andreu. And they should bring more supporters than Hamilton would which is good for the cash flow of the League. Good result for us I should think.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they stand to net £750K if Andrew Robertson is sold by Hull to a bigger club, so their financial hit might not be as bad as expected.

Can't say I'm too bothered either way.

I'd be more fussed if I was a Morton or Falkirk supporter who has just watched a team that put them out of contention capitulate to shite like Hamilton Accies.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Another plus being we will not have to play on that really crap surface of a pitch.

Tough league but what else should we expect?  I expect a tight struggle throughout and hope that we will be in a top 6 mix of Dundee United,  Dunfermline,  Falkirk, Morton and ICT.

Naturally hope that we come out on top but to be in a tight top group over the season would provide interest all round 

Edited by St.Ricky

A good number of United's first team are out of contract: 

Dixon, Flood, Andreu (loan ends), Murray, Spittal, Murdoch, Telfer, Mikkelsen (loan ends)

You would expect  a few of them to move on rather than accept the reduced terms which will most likely be on offer, so McKinnon's got a bit of a rebuilding job; made trickier by the fact he's lost time already waiting to see what league they'd be in.

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

There wasn't much in it and over a longer period Utd. are the bigger team and IMO will be stronger next season than Hamilton would've been had they come down. As for the increased attendances that Utd. will bring that will favour Dunfermline & Falkirk more than us.

Having said all that it's done now and we've just got to get on with it - COYS!

There wasn't much in it and over a longer period Utd. are the bigger team and IMO will be stronger next season than Hamilton would've been had they come down. As for the increased attendances that Utd. will bring that will favour Dunfermline & Falkirk more than us. Having said all that it's done now and we've just got to get on with it - COYS!

I think they said on the radio that 8 of the Hamilton squad today were former Academy players. Young guys obviously doing a good job without maybe getting the recognition they deserve. And most should be around next season. And Hamilton had 4 first team stalwarts out injured today whereas Utd were full strength. Personally I would be more worried by Hamilton than Utd.

17 minutes ago, pondsman said:

I agree with JB above. Dundee United won't have the same calibre of player available to them next season.

Main challengers will be Falkirk, Dunfermline, Morton. United will be behind them, along with QoS and Livingston.

Bearing in mind that , if the 'ton get into the play-offs again they will have to throw it away again as their ground dusnae comply. .

28 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Bearing in mind that , if the 'ton get into the play-offs again they will have to throw it away again as their ground dusnae comply. .

Was surprised to hear our old Caledonia stand is flat packed rusting away behind their mainstand how mental is that.