Championship Teams for Next Season

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Was surprised to hear our old Caledonia stand is flat packed rusting away behind their mainstand how mental is that. 

I very much doubt this, as you could hardly park a bike behind that stand due to the railway track that runs 

along it, anyway I thought it was the Love street end(PDE) stand they bought from us..

6 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

I very much doubt this, as you could hardly park a bike behind that stand due to the railway track that runs 

along it, anyway I thought it was the Love street end(PDE) stand they bought from us..

Can only go what a Morton fans told me mate a older fan who I met who came to watch us play Raith. 

23 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Dundee Utd
St.Mirren
Falkirk
ICT

Dunfermline
Morton
QoS
Livingston

Dumbarton
Brechin

Wee early prediction of how i think the league may pan out. Judging by the teams there is a clear 4 better teams and will be 2 strugglers. Rest battling it out.for hee haw.

Behaviour problem go stand in a corner till at leat the first quarter of the season silly one ye  have  no faith in the great one. 

Was surprised to hear our old Caledonia stand is flat packed rusting away behind their mainstand how mental is that. 

Id heard that the fixtures did not fit the proposed stand they wanted to use ut on and that ut was scrap metal now. Could be wrong.

8 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Id heard that the fixtures did not fit the proposed stand they wanted to use ut on and that ut was scrap metal now. Could be wrong.

Yes there are now various tales that I have now heard , including that they painted over numbers on the metal that indicated where they went on the build . However , I think that it is certain they bought the old Reid Kerr stand material as the Caledonia end would be too big for their dump. .

I think they said on the radio that 8 of the Hamilton squad today were former Academy players. Young guys obviously doing a good job without maybe getting the recognition they deserve. And most should be around next season. And Hamilton had 4 first team stalwarts out injured today whereas Utd were full strength. Personally I would be more worried by Hamilton than Utd. 

Noises from their manager United need to invest in their squad. Seems they lost £1.5m in a year and needed a 300K loan from a supporter just to keep going. How does that stack up? Admittedly they may get £800K from the Robertson but crazy finances.

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 10:16 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can only go what a Morton fans told me mate a older fan who I met who came to watch us play Raith. 

It's the Love St end stand.

Never trust a soap dodger.

Pleased that Utd have stayed down. Their fans annoy me more than any other set of fans outside the Old Firm - incredibly overgrown sense of their own importance.

Add to that they are in financial trouble, and will lose a number of their current squad, and the fact that we should fear nobody next season with some of the players already signed up, not to mention that we will sign another few players of a high calibre by all accounts.

Let them keep going with their long ball nonsense - we'll take the tangerine tossers...

14 hours ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Dundee Utd
St.Mirren
Falkirk
ICT

Dunfermline
Morton
QoS
Livingston

Dumbarton
Brechin

Wee early prediction of how i think the league may pan out. Judging by the teams there is a clear 4 better teams and will be 2 strugglers. Rest battling it out.for hee haw.

Dunfermline will be involved in the title race.  Their record in 2017 is very similar to our own.  I'd say it will be between Saints, Falkirk and Dunfermline for the title.

There's also no reason Dumbarton can't compete with Morton and Livingston next season.

14 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

It was the steel work from the Love St stand they bought, not the Caledonia.

9 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

They can punt it to a Scrappy and at least get something back on it.

This was it being dismantled at Love Street.

2009 002.jpg

17 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

A good number of United's first team are out of contract:

Dixon, Flood, Andreu (loan ends), Murray, Spittal, Murdoch, Telfer, Mikkelsen (loan ends)

You would expect  a few of them to move on rather than accept the reduced terms which will most likely be on offer, so McKinnon's got a bit of a rebuilding job; made trickier by the fact he's lost time already waiting to see what league they'd be in.

who is mikkelsen on loan from?maybe do a job with us

11 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

He was under contract until 2020, so that's a fair chunk of their £300,000 parachute payment away. A truly disastrous appointment.

Indeed , they are bound to swoop for Hughes in the situation they are in now or the other obvious choice would be wee anxious of course. . :wacko: