Eckersley signs 2 year deal

Very good start to business, been a good solid signing, had a feeling he would stay as he has talked about wanting to put down roots for his family's sake.

Also pleased that Webster is away, had the fear that his recent sub appearances might get him an extension!

Just wondering if Clarkson's situation is more complicated because of his injury.

Langfield I think will stay as goalie coach, maybe still registered to play bur only in emergencies.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Stewart needs to be playing regularly at this stage in his career which wasn't going to happen with Eckersley staying. Probably for the best he moves on.

A fit Davis would be a great asset but it's a risk. I can just imagine the reaction if we sign him on a two year deal and he suffers a setback. Maybe sign him until the end of 2017 with an automatic extension of he plays enough games?

And with Eckersley staying and Irvine under contract I wouldn't be surprised if Stelios is off.

Agreed with you , until you mentioned Stellios moving on , I think we need a guy like Stellios on the bench covering three or four positions

Just now, MenstrieSaint said:

Agreed with you , until you mentioned Stellios moving on , I think we need a guy like Stellios on the bench covering three or four positions

Fcuk sake, how big do you think Stelios' arse is?

11 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Just wondering if Clarkson's situation is more complicated because of his injury.

Good news on Eckersley. Reliable, technically good and brings a calmness to the defence.

No surprises with Webster, Gordon and Stewart. Langfield, Clarkson and Fjelde were the others I thought might be freed.

Clarkson's an interesting one because I remember he got a surprise start ahead of Sutton in the 2-2 game at Dumbarton back in February. He scored but then got injured in training and hasn't played since. Jack's maybe just waiting to see what happens with Loy and Smith.... 

3 hours ago, shull said:

Delighted with that news. 

Can't wait for the new Season. 

Entered a Competition in the Scottish Sun to win 2 Season Tickets. 

Fingers crossed. 

Assume you nick the rag from the library ?   :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Good news on Eckersley. Reliable, technically good and brings a calmness to the defence.

No surprises with Webster, Gordon and Stewart. Langfield, Clarkson and Fjelde were the others I thought might be freed.

Clarkson's an interesting one because I remember he got a surprise start ahead of Sutton in the 2-2 game at Dumbarton back in February. He scored but then got injured in training and hasn't played since. Jack's maybe just waiting to see what happens with Loy and Smith.... 

Think we have seen enough of Clarkson to know he is done. Better getting a younger striker in rather than rely on an aging striker who is unlikely to remain fit or score enough for us to challenge. If we can get Smith and Lot he will be away. I think he will be away regardless. I would go for Gavin Reilly.

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

Clarkson is not the 15-20 league goal striker we need.

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

We do but sadly I doubt he'll be the guy. He is supposedly unhappy at not playing regularly. With Eckersley signing a new deal he won't be first choice leftback and it looks like Irvine is the preferred option at rightback. The OS says both Stelios and Irvine have the option of another year but I think the latter's was triggered after playing a certain number of games.

Would love Stelios to stay but think he'll decide to move on.

I'll be sorry to see Stelios go, if he does go. We get a popular player who can certainly play, scores goals, puts in a right good shift too, becomes a bit of a cult hero, then leaves? 

I'd love to see him as part of our squad next season.

Stelios, MacKenzie, Smith, Loy, Mallan and Morgan.

Out of those there's bound to be a couple of sore ones over the summer. I just hope they go to teams that aren't in the same league.

EDIT - I see now Loy is actually under contract at Dundee until 2018.

Edited by Julian Banjos

1 minute ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I wouldn't blame him, though.

Aye, if he thinks he'll be riding pine at the 2021 and believes he can get a starting gig elsewhere that pays a good wage, he'll be offski. 

Hope he stays, but if he leaves, good luck to the boy, thanks for the goals and the effort... you played a part in the Great Escape.