Eckersley signs 2 year deal

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

Buy your tickets you bloody freeloader!emoji3.png

I will be delighted to do so if I dinnae win the Competition. 

Hopefully the wee yin's will still be free. 

1 minute ago, doonhamer said:

If I knew anything about football I'd say that letting Jordan Stewart go is a mistake, think he's got a good future in the game. On the other hand, Jack Ross probably knows a wee bit more about football than I do. 

Doesn't appear to of played much for Annan and Nathan Flanagan seems to of done so much better.  Not fair to the boy to keep him about when he may never get in the squad. 

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Only great news if JR manages to sneak him in under the radar of other clubs.

Agreed. A fit Harry Davis would have seen us kissing our chances of signing him bye bye. As it is though not many will take the chance on him. 

Risk vs reward, get a defender we know is too good for this level but don't get to see him til just after start of season or go with potentially lesser centre half who will be fit? Personally I'd be happy to go with Gary Mac and Baird until Harry is fit. If they stay. 

Edited by djchapsticks

13 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

If I knew anything about football I'd say that letting Jordan Stewart go is a mistake, think he's got a good future in the game. On the other hand, Jack Ross probably knows a wee bit more about football than I do. 

I've seen him a few times for the U20's no doubting he has talent, but he seemed to just coast along. May be he needs a new challange, worked for Baz, and Thomas.

Stewart needs to be playing regularly at this stage in his career which wasn't going to happen with Eckersley staying. Probably for the best he moves on.

A fit Davis would be a great asset but it's a risk. I can just imagine the reaction if we sign him on a two year deal and he suffers a setback. Maybe sign him until the end of 2017 with an automatic extension of he plays enough games?

And with Eckersley staying and Irvine under contract I wouldn't be surprised if Stelios is off.

Unfortunately this is Davis' third knee injury.

Don't know if all three injuries are to the same knee (but at least two must be!), but IMO, as good as he was for us, he falls into the risky signing category.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Unfortunately this is Davis' third knee injury.

Don't know if all three injuries are to the same knee (but at least two must be!), but IMO, as good as he was for us, he falls into the risky signing category.

Have to agree.

Good player, no doubt about that, but it would be a big risk to push the boat out for him. Keep MacKenzie and Baird and we could offer Davis a deal until January, but now that Gordon has gone, it is a bit of a punt that could leave us short.

Happy that Eckersley has signed. I thought he started slowly, but has really come onto a game in the last few weeks. JR has noted that he has improved every week, and he is certainly a solid signing at this level.

Edited by Drew