Rebus Returning To Television

shull

Love the books!

I think John Hannah is a good actor but he was definitely too young when he played Rebus although he made a better go of it than I expected. His company part-financed the first couple of series and he didn't want to play Rebus himself but was forced too in order to get the rest of the money for production..

Stott fitted the role well but that was 10 years ago - I think he'd be a bit old now.

Iain Glen would be a good choice but he's played a similar role as a "troubled" :guinness Irish cop in the Jack Taylor series.

I be happy to see John Hannah get another go now he's the right age.

9 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I be happy to see John Hannah get another go now he's the right age.

IMO John Hannah is one of the worst actors this country has ever produced.

Gary Lewis is the best, he would excel in the role.

Ken Stott was  in one of those Scandanavian things recently . He was enormous. Rebus is ex Military police and should be played by a larger actor. Like Jack Reacher being played by Tom Cruise . just silly. In the books Reacher is 6 4.Think Rebus is meant to be about 6 2.

19 minutes ago, guinness said:

Ken Stott was  in one of those Scandanavian things recently . He was enormous. Rebus is ex Military police and should be played by a larger actor. Like Jack Reacher being played by Tom Cruise . just silly. In the books Reacher is 6 4.Think Rebus is meant to be about 6 2.

Puts Iain Glen head & shoulders above at least some of the other candidates!

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

IMO John Hannah is one of the worst actors this country has ever produced.

Gary Lewis is the best, he would excel in the role.

Oh come on , who can ever forget

" Turn off the lights" speech in Four Weddings......................

Actually I agree he is pish..............................

• 5 years later...

Thanks for this article. It was nice to see that you saved these highlights because sometimes you want to go back to what you have already seen. Although some may have missed this as a summary for them. I like to watch them on TV and when I connected a new TV to myself, the picture became much better and stopped slowing down. It's good that my friend advised me to read the reviews on truconnect before I installed a new TV for myself after moving to a new house. I hope this will be useful for you.