Pre Season Friendlies

1 hour ago, shull said:

Those rascal Falkirk fans certainly slap me down with lots of red dots.

And I only tell the truth about Lee Miller, Loy and the Hippo dude.

F*CKEM :lol:

Aye but the Sellic fans love you.

Anyone know who we're playing on Wednesday? Was mentioned in JR's interview. Presume it's behind closed doors.....

It's not been a good week with the friendly results plus the Magennis and Loy news.

Seems to me we are sitting with a squad rather than a team. There are only a few automatic picks for the starting XI so the League Cup games will be interesting. There are real opportunities for those perhaps thought of as fringe players (the Stewarts, Hilson, Kirkpatrick, Quinn, Todd, MacPherson....) to stake claims.

Hopefully, a few of them will step up to the plate and we won't still be trying to work out our best team in October whilst counting the days until Kyle returns.

7 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Anyone know who we're playing on Wednesday? Was mentioned in JR's interview. Presume it's behind closed doors.....

It's not been a good week with the friendly results plus the Magennis and Loy news.

Seems to me we are sitting with a squad rather than a team. There are only a few automatic picks for the starting XI so the League Cup games will be interesting. There are real opportunities for those perhaps thought of as fringe players (the Stewarts, Hilson, Kirkpatrick, Quinn, Todd, MacPherson....) to stake claims.

Hopefully, a few of them will step up to the plate and we won't still be trying to work out our best team in October whilst counting the days until Kyle returns.

Ross County I heard .

2 hours ago, HSS said:

Aye but the Sellic fans love you.

That's worrying.

I try my best to rile them.

But they keep green dotting me when I have a wee go at Sevco. :lol:

Difficult to judge the team on this game as it was clearly being used to try out different players and combinations. Players tried hard but there was no real cohesion about the performance. Thought McGinn, Stelios, Irvine (till his injury), Buchanan and the new keeper got pass marks. Others need to raise their game a bit. 

Ross county up in Dingwall but I believe it is behind closed doors unfortunately.

17 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

17 hours ago, munoz said:

Ross County I heard .

1 hour ago, DWBud said:

Ross county up in Dingwall but I believe it is behind closed doors unfortunately.

Phew, that's cleared that up. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, renfrew said:

I would be surprised if we went back up the A9 for a closed doors friendly 1 week after playing 2 games up in that area.

4 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Why would you be surprised it is Ross County away in Dingwall behind closed doors

That might very well be the game but that doesn't mean we can't be surprised. Renfrew makes a good point. It's borderline idiotic. I hadn't thought about that. 

On 7/8/2017 at 3:45 PM, elvis said:

Anyone else think we are going to be as bad as last season. 

I think the key thing is looking at the other teams in the league. For me, there isn't a squad in the Championship I would swap for ours. A few individual players, yes, but I think we have the strongest squad overall.

Sure, we have areas we could strengthen, but so does every team at this level, if they didn't they wouldn't be at this level. I'm quietly confident.