Jack Ross on Sportsound Tonight (Thurs 11th May 1830)

13 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

Who was the lad who fronted the show? I know his voice but can't think of his name. He was saying his daughter was an avid saints fans and goes to all the games. A few people working at the BBC these says with a buddies connection.

David (Sportscene) Currie is a Saints fan and takes his wee boy to the games whenever he can. Plenty Saints fans behind the scenes as well... ;-)

A St mirren minded podcast. Amen to that.

I love the quote from JR about taking too much on as he has an interest in everything the club does. Thank gawd for that , an obsessive controller.

I also think JF deserves a lot of praise as well. It strikes me that a lot of respect and goodwill from players is shown towards our management team. I think as others have said,Ross and Fowler are very self aware and they have a great blend that gets the best out of and motivates players. Players believe in them and crucially, want to play for them.

St mirren seem to be heading to a happy place again. Thank gawd, the disconnect and apathy has been embedded around the place for too long. For the first time in years I'm looking forward to next season. Not because I'm desperate to see us up in SP hell again, f**k that, but because the team has an attitude, a fluid tempo and a positive shape and style I want to watch.
COYS

Its more than a coincidence that the last two very articulate managers we have had ( JR and Tom Hendrie) have also been most successful .I didn't hear this programme but what a breath of fresh air hearing a Saints manager speak like a normal grown up after hearing the inarticulate ramblings of many who preceded him. I had more or less given up hope after the succession of thickos appointed by previous boards to positions and salaries in inverse proportion to their intellect.

Whilst one swallow doesn't make a summer, I get the feeling things could be swinging back in our favour and like many, am slightly sad the season has ended, albeit on such a high. Lets hope much of this current team can be retained for next season, and indeed improved upon, if I can judge JRs ambition.

I remember attending the first home of the season a couple of years ago. It was a midweek game and Hamilton came calling when Alex Neil was in charge. St Mirren Park was like a morgue before and during the game. Hamilton ran out comfortable winners, 3-0.

It was desperately soul destroying and has been like for quite sometime if we are being honest. At the start of this season too.

What a change we have seen in the last 3 months. People are desperate to attend games home and away. The usual boisterous support you associate with our away support has been found at St Mirren Park throughput all the stands making for a terrific atmosphere. The buzz is back and I haven't enjoyed my football so much since 1999/2000.

It's all down to Jack Ross and his coaching staff for getting together a group of player's that are playing to their optimum with a bit of flair for our beloved club.

Long may it continue.

7 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

I remember attending the first home of the season a couple of years ago. It was a midweek game and Hamilton came calling when Alex Neil was in charge. St Mirren Park was like a morgue before and during the game. Hamilton ran out comfortable winners, 3-0.

It was desperately soul destroying and has been like for quite sometime if we are being honest. At the start of this season too.

Jack said last night that, when he arrived again at the club, things were much the same as when he'd left 6 years previously. Says it all really. We were stale and the board had just been marking time for a number of years.

Jack Ross deserves all the plaudits he is getting. Took a massive gamble in the Jan window with 10 coming in and 10 going out. He had to do it though - contrast in the two Morton games at Cappielow for example. The difference in performance between those two games is unreal. What excites me is that Jack has obviously got an eye for a player and seems to be able to get them playing with confidence - Rory Loy and Cammy Smith are prime examples, neither setting the heather on fire at previous clubs but what a turn they did for us.

Would love us to keep majority of the team together and take the momentum we have built into next season. There is an energy and buzz about St Mirren just now that I've not seen since the Tom Hendrie era ...... long may it last.

1 hour ago, Dare said:

Jack Ross deserves all the plaudits he is getting. Took a massive gamble in the Jan window with 10 coming in and 10 going out. He had to do it though - contrast in the two Morton games at Cappielow for example. The difference in performance between those two games is unreal. What excites me is that Jack has obviously got an eye for a player and seems to be able to get them playing with confidence - Rory Loy and Cammy Smith are prime examples, neither setting the heather on fire at previous clubs but what a turn they did for us.

Would love us to keep majority of the team together and take the momentum we have built into next season. There is an energy and buzz about St Mirren just now that I've not seen since the Tom Hendrie era ...... long may it last.

I first met Jack when he was a player for us , a very popular player , even then he was very approachable and positive. .

I just feel that Jack is the manager we have all be wanting for years . When he arrived last year I was unconvinced but was impressed with the confidence that GLS showed in him , obviously, January window gave him the oppertunity to show us what he can really do given the chance . He must be the most articulate manager we have had for a while also. .

Re: freshening up the training facilities...was this not a SMISA backed plan? (I may be getting mixed up with debate on here)

Was the comment re: GPS an angle for a 3 month discretionary spend? (No idea how much the more sophisticated systems cost - about £200per individual sensor kit from google search = £6,000 for 30 sensors but again ?software/maintenance costs on top of that)