Jack Baird - 1 yr extension

I certainly heard one Sportsound pundit - and no Chick Young - claim this very thing earlier in the season. 
Can't remember who it was. 

I hope he does but I've seen nothing to suggest that he's international class. Never been capped at any level before now.

Anyway, a moot point, he's a good reliable young talent who will only get better and I think we are all happy he's sticking around.

58 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Which pundits have stated JB could be a "possible full international"? Or is that just the voices in your head?

There must have been some reason why I chose him as my favourite player, yonks ago...   :unsure:

Oh aye - I could see his future international potential even then.  :)

7 hours ago, Drew said:

I'm happy with this. Been very assured recently, and still developing.

ETA - http://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/880-jack-baird-signs-contract-extension

Excellent news.

The lad has put in an extraordinary amount of effort since coming into the first team.

He deserves this and if he continues to improve he will continue to be rewarded.    

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Dreadful news. Every time someone muttered 'For fcuk sake Baird' this season I thought it was aimed at me. Guess I need to go through it all again. :)

Like me against Raith when a fan shouted "You're a fanny Stewart" after they brought one of their subs on.

4 hours ago, DLBud said:

You just can't help yourself can you?

You are quite right. The bright side doesn't feature anywhere in his outlook. He is always on the lookout for something negative to say. Suppose he is to be pitied right enough.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I certainly heard one Sportsound pundit - and no Chick Young - claim this very thing earlier in the season. 

Aw don't spoil it for the LPM haters, they will have to go and childishly pick on someone else now.

23 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

You are quite right. The bright side doesn't feature anywhere in his outlook. He is always on the lookout for something negative to say. Suppose he is to be pitied right enough.

Thinking that earlier.

When it comes to St Mirren, his song would be 

" ALWAYS LOOK ON THE SHITE SIDE OF LIFE "

1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Excellent stuff, enjoyed that. Jack talked articulately and authoritatively and quite modest too, praising the fans, players and backroom staff.

Baird ? :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I think Alex Rae of all people commenting on the Falkirk St Mirren game said that Baird and Grant were the two best young defenders in the Championship which I agree with and Richard Gordon replied that we might be looking at a future Scotland defender. That might have been reference to Grant rather than Baird. but I don't think I've seen a better young Scottish centre half. I've seen a few highly touted defenders, Wilson, Perry, and McMillan and Fraser and Soutar and think Baird is/was better than any of those at actually defending.

You have to wonder where some peoples heads are at when they will mock, deride and slate one of their own young talented players if it means they can get a cheap shot in against another saints fan. 

"OMG Jack Baird is actually held in regard as a young Scottish centre-back... well FFS lets rip into him because LPM mentioned it"

st mirren supporters? My arse!

edit: for the hard of thinking...  Baird is the only centre-back we have signed up at the moment for next season. And you want to slate him?

Edited by Lord Pityme

You have to wonder where some peoples heads are at when they will mock, deride and slate one of their own young talented players if it means they can get a cheap shot in against another saints fan. 
"OMG Jack Baird is actually held in regard as a young Scottish centre-back... well FFS lets rip into him because LPM mentioned it"
st mirren supporters? My arse!
edit: for the hard of thinking...  Baird is the only centre-back we have signed up at the moment for next season. And you want to slate him?

Haven't seen anyone slating him.

Not like you to make stuff up.

4 minutes ago, div said:

Haven't seen anyone slating him.

Not like you to make stuff up.

Really? Dont you read your forum?

"Is he in line for a Gibraltar cap"

and all the others who thought we didnt need to sign the ONE centre-back we actually have on the books!

Not like you to miss out all the pertinent comments.

Edited by Lord Pityme