Drew

Jack Baird - 1 yr extension

Anyine got a list of when all the players contracts are up? I mind someone used to post it now and then.

I think it was when we were counting the days till Gow f**ked off last time i seen it.

14 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Personally I never speculated on what length was offered, merely that he'll be able to go for free next summer. emoji106.png

Understand that and what you say is right. He will be able to go for nothing next season ..... if he isnt offered and signs a new contract as his current one draws to a close. 

If & when that contract is offered, the ball is in the players court. He can sign what is offered , negotiate more or move on.  What most of us wont usually know is, if a contract is offered, what the terms of that offer is.   

On some occasions you will see statements such as " we offered a two year contract but the player wanted one.. or three .. or whatever" but generally that is not the case.

That doesnt stop some slagging the club off for not doing this or that when the truth is , they know diddly squat .

I think Jack Ross had big doubts about Baird last season and only offered him a year as he would be cover for McKenzie and Davis. As its turned out he has been outstanding in the Championship this season and proved himself well worthy of a new contract. Be interesting to see how he performs at Premiership level if/when we get there.

Absolutely delighted to see Jack Baird has signed a new contract. He has been outstanding this season and in my eyes our best defender. Baird and Davis make a formidable pairing at the back and hopefully both will gain promotion with the buds this year and play together for many years to come.

Will need to sing 'Bairdy Bairdy Bairdy' on the 15th minute to honour the big man signing a new contract.

Well done Jack Baird and keep up the good work.

well done big bairdy.  Cannae believe sonme of the crap been spouted bout baird this season , hes been top man.  Been away from here for a while and still a lot of the same greeters and bleaters banging on about the same things. some you shoudl of learned that yer just plain boresville

34 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

well done big bairdy.  Cannae believe sonme of the crap been spouted bout baird this season , hes been top man.  Been away from here for a while and still a lot of the same greeters and bleaters banging on about the same things. some you shoudl of learned that yer just plain boresville

Change your handle name or I am calling the police :o

Don't u just hate the English Dictionary

39 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

Quality greet and bleat above. 

Your opinion on Baird would have been sufficient though. 

5 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Just noticed that Ross Stewart is in there too.

Aye but having Gary Harkins there too spoils it a bit...

Edited by Sweeper07
typo y not g

Am I the only one a bit confused about him being in there? He was rightly there for the week we played Dunfermline but the defence had little to do on Saturday - except score goals!